The Call of Legends AMA - King_Obina - Aiorya - Frank - Victor

King_Obina

26 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

All 3 of you what would you say your greatest achievement was

Help in the creation of, a solid FA triage system that would help us have good and loyal members. Also my long lasting friendship with the former TCL boys.

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

Each of you have spoken highly of D96 which doesn't surprise me, he definitely works his ass off in whatever position he finds himself in. 

What was your perception of him 10-11 years ago when TCL was active? 

• sushmm 1

aUBwTQ1.png

23 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

Most memorable fight?

A fight against WL where we had sleeping shifts, because of the 4 hours difference between Portugal and Brazil, I was one of the earlier sleepers and continued fighting in the morning. I think it was one of the fewest times I fought in the morning ahah

23 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

How did you juggle irl with rs?

I was a school boy at that time and I was always good at school so I didnt study too much. But back at 2010, the night I had some beers with WL and TCL leaders simultaneously I was already at high school. But I was staff of the portuguese community back then and it was a place where all rivalries were set aside and the community was the reason of irl meetings happening and we got that meeting where also Telmomarques (#1 world overall, first to 120 dungeon) was there too

Screenshot_2021-07-12-00-54-27-274_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

37 minutes ago, Victor said:

I would say that if we spoke English we would be the best leadership team of runescape you can ask any Brazilian from that time even WLs

As I have said before I think the portuguese language itself is such an advantage that english callers wouldn't stand a chance against any brazilian/portuguese caller at their peak, let alone those great ones mentioned. Imagine what everyone could accomplish if only WL + TCL could somehow merge into one enormous country clan? That shit would beat the heck out of any big international clan with little effort, lmao.

As for the question, who was the one calling against Hell Army on that 85v100? What led you guys to win that round?

I remember watching it. Couldn't believe what I was looking at rofl. 

7jmTOjL.png     

Was always a big fan of TCL. Great people, clean fights, etc.

Why did TCL not re-open in OSRS to challenge Wilderland? Was it simply not feasible due to WL already having a ton of TCL in it?

Where would you rank TCL all-time among country clans?

Give me your thoughts then & now on:

-Wilderland

-Hell Army

-MMA

-MB

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

35 minutes ago, alice said:

Who were your allys and who were your enemies?

What were your thoguhts on smaller brazilian clans like Monocromatic Brazil?

If you each had to pick another BR clan to be a part of and leave TCL which clan would it be?

Who were your allys and who were your enemies? LG and MMA were "allies" during some time, we were also very close to TMC and 2Mighty4you... I think the only actual enemy we had was WL. What Were your thoguhts on smaller brazilian clans like Monocromatic Brazil? They were decent, I believe from the likes of TBK, TNT, AA, RA, and GD they were one of the most solid ones.

If you each had to pick another BR clan to be a part of and leave TCL which clan would it be? I would probably join LG or MMA, not sure I would fit tho. I tried HA for a small amount of time after I left TCL could not fit the community, maybe by my own lack of effort at the time. 

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

1 hour ago, Kurazita said:

As I have said before I think the portuguese language itself is such an advantage that english callers wouldn't stand a chance against any brazilian/portuguese caller at their peak, let alone those great ones mentioned. Imagine what everyone could accomplish if only WL + TCL could somehow merge into one enormous country clan? That shit would beat the heck out of any big international clan with little effort, lmao.

As for the question, who was the one calling against Hell Army on that 85v100? What led you guys to win that round?

I remember watching it. Couldn't believe what I was looking at rofl. 

That was Aiorya from start to finish, well I think we took Joacas down on the 2nd or 3rd pille, that helped a lot... also our overall quality was better as well.

Edited by King_Obina

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, true said:

What do you feel like is the perception of Brazilians to international clanners?

I think some underestimated us, even some portuguese and brazillian still underestimate what we did and what we still do nowadays. Mostly because country projects are felt that way. And thats good because we did surprise most of our challengers and people who crossed our path.

18 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

Was a good read. Most of this was just a refresher as dreadpandora would tell us all about this in bk. Was always really interesting to hear about all the beef.

Much better than the ldk story imo but that was also cool.

Glad to see you're all still around. Would love to see more br/pt clans hit the scene again. 

Just to tell you that DreadPandora no longer plays but we will talk. He was like 2 months ago at a portuguese tv show. He's a business man, had his business closed (and still closed) due to the pandemic and he reinvented himself and opened another business thats running really well.

And also he was the one who, with me, recruited all those 20 portuguese people to TCL back in 2008.

18 minutes ago, John said:

How did TCL go about recruiting and maintaining the big numbers all that time?

Answering to the portuguese side of that question, I and DreadPandora were always influent in the portuguese community (a community that started back in 2001 and still exists) and we had a project called Team Portugal, we were both leaders, despite having members of WL, HA, MMA, when people did think about joining a clan, they considered TCL because of us.

Maintaining the numbers was associated with keeping the players motivated

43 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Unbiased, please power-rank the following country clan scenes in order of best to worst (you've played long enough to see every scene I think) - rank any I missed out but I'm pretty sure this is everyone.

Luso-Brazilian

Dutch

Finnish

Swedish

Lithuanian

Australian

Latvian

Happy for all of you to answer btw

Finnish (You guys are crazy good at this game, congrats)
Luso-Brozil (TCL/WL/HA back in the day would lose mostly to Fools but could tangle/win of the above most of the time)

Dutch (Had solid clans like VIT)

Lithuanian (Always had good fights with the Lithuanian, LDK back in the day pulled huge numbers)

Australian (had constant wins over CL, but they have that timezone stuff, I don't remember other Aussie clans)

Latvian (never fought you guys)

• heart 1

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

Who were you inspired by on rs?

I was inspired by many ppl:

Aiorya

Goodwar

Conditions

JayJay

Starman

Obina, Frank and others

15 minutes ago, true said:

What do you feel like is the perception of Brazilians to international clanners?

International clans are the top tier and the step above, thats what we always though about.

with that in mind international clanners are the best clanners in the world (IMO)

13 minutes ago, true said:

Who are the shittiest officials from TCL and why?

I don't remember any really bad officials.

11 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

Any porking scandals?

not that I know

10 minutes ago, true said:

@Victor

Tell us about some of your fond memories of CoR. Also, who were your favorite callers from that time?

I had many good memories in cor and even when I couldn't write an entire sentence they tried to talk and be friends with me. Im really really happy to know people like starman, Jayjay, Lynx and many others who throw their hands and were here for me when I was just a kid who wanted to learn english and runescape.

10 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

Was a good read. Most of this was just a refresher as dreadpandora would tell us all about this in bk. Was always really interesting to hear about all the beef.

Much better than the ldk story imo but that was also cool.

Glad to see you're all still around. Would love to see more br/pt clans hit the scene again. 

I hated to fight against BK cuz you had to many good tankers

8 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

Biggest regrets while leading?

I should have more patient some times.

7 minutes ago, true said:

@Victor what main/international caller would you say you had a similar style to?

SIMILAR STYLE NOT QUAILITY:

Conditions / Tim when goes mad 

I used to scream and talk fast like a fucking crazy and I had some good spams too 😃

7 minutes ago, John said:

I remember alot of 'agagagagagagagag' from TCL back in the day. Very solid clan from what I can remember and in fighting. Always pulled pretty big numbers and were a good opponent. Believe I first got a taste of TCL when I was in CR, and then again in Solace I believe. 

How did TCL go about recruiting and maintaining the big numbers all that time?

What was the best part of TCL?

Do all of you feel as though TCL accomplished what it was meant to? 

If you had to do it all over again - could TCL be rebuilt into the power house it used to be?

One final word - biscate. 🙂

1. We took ppl from GE who knew nothing and turned them in great members we took care of each one of our members and tried to teach everything.

2. 2009-2011 we had some major moments and I felt like I had RL friends

3. Yes and no. We would reach the skies if we had more ppl and yes we write our piece of history in this game after all.

4. It crossed my mind some times in the past few years, prob not. The community is not that big anymore.

5. Eita asuhdauehduaed

5 minutes ago, Z Nick said:

What are your thoughts on Revenant as a clan?

Why do you think RoT pulls 30 members now, and lost every gdz fight vs Revenant? also losing every fight vs any other clans?

Do you know Demais in WL?

Do you know RoT MattyB? being from Brazil himself, did you ever had contact with him?

How big is RuneScape in Brazil? 

Thanks

1. Massive clan. Rev has the potencial to be TT from 2010 due their massive quality members

2. They had their era. The players who stood out are not playing the game again they are just struggling now.

3. No

4. I know he is from Brazil but I don't know him and I never spoke with him.

5. Was never a big powerhouse. I know gamers who don't even know that it exists

np brother ❤️

4 minutes ago, Juri said:

How many of your actually know each other irl?

Has that ever been a thing in Brazilian country clans? 

1. We were kids and we never had the chance and the money to know everyone in real life (Brazil is huge man. Believe me) but I know some guys IRL. I guess I have met like 15 Ex-TCLs.

2. Sure!

• heart 1

fBUa3oi.png

34 minutes ago, true said:

Who are the shittiest officials from TCL and why?

I had another Fa Manager with me during some time, Victor Carty, that dude was bad and dumb as shit.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Juri said:

How many of your actually know each other irl?

Has that ever been a thing in Brazilian country clans? 

Fewest of the Brazillian people got to know each other because its a really wide country. But i'm portuguese and managed to guide @D96 in Lisbon back in 2015 (we were exotic back then)

But the portuguese have a community running since 2001 and back in 2009-12 and also in 2019 we scheduled alot of irl meeting in specific places of Portugal during a weekend. But the most remarkable one was in 2010, it happened in Aveiro, the meeting that we had 25-30 players there, we had Shadow Mix (WL Leader), Goodwar15 (TCL Leader), Alfa (portuguese community founder) and Telmomarques (#1 world overall at that time) all present

• heart 1