The Call of Legends AMA - King_Obina - Aiorya - Frank - Victor

King_Obina

18 hours ago, Josh said:

Do you like football?

Yes, I watch matches and related TV/YT stuff all the time.

18 hours ago, Z Nick said:

What do you think is the biggest diffrence between Tempest and Revenant?

Tempest is formed of an all time alliance between old geezers from all around the clan world. Revenant seems to be like pure breed REV formed members (I might be wrong), that is something you rarely see in the runescape clan environment these days.

18 hours ago, Dickus said:

Was always a big fan of TCL. Great people, clean fights, etc.

Why did TCL not re-open in OSRS to challenge Wilderland? Was it simply not feasible due to WL already having a ton of TCL in it?

Where would you rank TCL all-time among country clans?

Give me your thoughts then & now on:

-Wilderland

-Hell Army

-MMA

-MB

Why did TCL not re-open in OSRS to challenge Wilderland? Was it simply not feasible due to WL already having a ton of TCL in it ? 

At this point in time, there is just not enough Portuguese/Brazilians playing this game to have 2 good clans, it would be a waste to try it. Maybe if we had a surge in numbers and a big come back of old ley players it would be feasible. 

Where would you rank TCL all-time among country clans?

2nd bested only by Fools if you consider 2010-2012.

Give me your thoughts then & now on:

-Wilderland - Then, they were our biggest rivals, after we (TCL) reached a good level of organization and warring skills, most of their members did not had the will to go the extra mile and improve to follow us to that next level. By that I mean grind CWA against hardened clans, analyze it and improve. Now a days WL is the last Brazilian clan alive, most of the former TCL joined their project of one united Brazilian clan, it is not like the legends household but they make an effort to accommodate us and I've made good friends in there.

-Hell Army - Then After 2009 they rose to be a big contender, they had the numbers but lacked quality and discipline. Now I would say if runescape 2 had a few more good years in it, they would have been the next top #2 if Hugo was calling at his prime. They were not big on public relations with other clans as well always sneaking in a crash war whenever they could.

-MMA - Then, Their leadership lacked ambition, they had a good quality and in 2008 could tangle with any other Brazilian clan in even numbers, however their lack of ambition made good members on their end leave (that gave us Armorhelmet & @Lemaster for instance), Now I think they were just comfortable and doing their own thing playing DOTA.

-MB - Then they had good organization & lacked numbers, heard they had a good caller but never checked out myself. Now I believe they have produced some good members that are in WL.

Edited by King_Obina

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

12 hours ago, true said:

What clans did you respect the most? The least?

What is your best *personal* accomplishment in TCL?

Who are some great regular TCL members that did not get a chance to be ranked?

What clans did you respect the most? The least? Back in the day, RSD,BK,DF,TT... The least I would say Poison, PH, ROT.

What is your best *personal* accomplishment in TCL? Survive and triage the mass joining we had from GD back in 2011, making sure only the best of them joined our ranks contributed directly to maintaining and also improving TCL quality back in the day.

Who are some great regular TCL members that did not get a chance to be ranked?  Jockerboy and Dtf_Drag were both great members, and I would have them in our ranks however we already had a big staff at the time they were around.

12 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Most overrated clan you've seen?

I would say VR from back in the day, I believe they were only big numbers and therefore had a huge sniper unit.

12 hours ago, B4uz said:

Thoughts on Arroz clan? 

I don't think they are a real clan, think of them as an open CC. They don't have boards no TS no member list, no effort to be a real clan. Why would I categorize them as such?

11 hours ago, true said:

What are some games TCL played as a clan (other than rs)

We played AOE, CS.16, Turrets, Haxball with the Portuguese folks as well.

10 hours ago, D96 said:

That's actually a quite interesting read. I have nothing but respect over TCL, you guys gave me the most fun I've had on this game by far. Regardless of WL or TCL being on the better moment, it was always competitive and it always tasted different when compared to any other fights.

I never thought I'd see it happening, but a huge shoutout to when WL reopened in OSRS and 30-35 of you guys joined us. Even if it didn't last for long, was very nice to be clanning with y'all, be it on the fights or community wise. When we had that 8 hours fight against Arroz we were all washed up, low levels etc. but we still managed to smoke them and it was really enjoyable, I never thought I'd see the likes of Aiorya, Rmd, MrLolz & others calling/back up calling/hyping people up in WL while fighting another luso-brazilian clan lmfao.

You guys definitely dominated the majority of the luso-brazilian scene from 2010 to 2012. With that being said, assuming all of you weren't in TCL anymore when the mass leave happened, how did it feel to see TCL from the outside?

What would you have changed in TCL if you had the chance? And if you say nothing you're lying #

To @Aiorya, @King_Obina and @Frankventura - how was that uncapped WL vs. Arroz fight for you guys? Did you have the same feeling that I mentioned? What surprised you positively/negatively?

What would it take to reopen TCL?

How did clanning/RS in general affect your lives?

What did you guys admire the most about WL back then? You still felt the same when we reopened in OSRS?

What did you guys hate the most about WL back then? You still felt the same when we reopened in OSRS?

You guys definitely dominated the majority of the luso-brazilian scene from 2010 to 2012. With that being said, assuming all of you weren't in TCL anymore when the mass leave happened, how did it feel to see TCL from the outside? 

It felt like seeing some one parade around with your family. Even tho most loyal members had left and quit the game after the cue, it just had a bitter taste for me.

What would you have changed in TCL if you had the chance? And if you say nothing you're lying #

I would not have "bought" a JR clan, I would have made one from scratch that reported to our staff instead of having its own staff and leadership.

To @Aiorya, @King_Obina and @Frankventura - how was that uncapped WL vs. Arroz fight for you guys? Did you have the same feeling that I mentioned? What surprised you positively/negatively?

It was a good experience for sure, had been a while I did not had a fight. Even tho it was not fun when they squatted on GDZ like the garbage they are and just mass snipped. But again, it was an uncapped it was a shit tactic but was a tactic nonetheless.

A time machine.

My fiancé hates the fact that I have to participate in meetings and talk stuff about the game late at night, she is not very big on games tbh.

Usually it does not play well with my relationship.

What did you guys admire the most about WL back then? You still felt the same when we reopened in OSRS?

The fact that you endured the ups and downs of the game and the clan. I do fell the same, it is interesting to see how WL could endure and outlast all the other Luso/Br Clans.

What did you guys hate the most about WL back then? You still felt the same when we reopened in OSRS?

Me personally, hated the whole brainwashing you did with your members back in the day, I mean... you guys would roll from MG, to GDZ then to Maze then fishing spot, and still some of your members would think you were doing great at the fight. Now a days I don't see that occurring, if we do bad we have honest down to earth analyses of what went wrong and why. Members usually know why we shat the bad.

2 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

@King_Obina love you bro. Sorry if I randomly throw some blasts/snares your way, just showing some love ❤️

How would you compare your time in TT compared to the other clans you’ve been in? Do you enjoy the community? Warring? Leadership?

No problem Fluke, I understand you are just doing your job LOL.

I would say TT had a top notch organization and community, I could not have choose a better retirement home to end my RS2 days. The Leadership seemed stable and they were always joking around, also Plaffy was a hell of a caller I really enjoyed all of our fights. TT had similar mindsets to TCL so that made me really comfortable when joining.

2 hours ago, Joni said:

Always enjoyed fighting you guys with Fools.

brazilians: Whos your all time/current favorite brazilian footballer and why?

@Frankventura what would be your favorite starting 11 in Euros?

Ronaldo the phenomenon, he retired in Corinthians the team I support. Even when he was fat and with both his knees fucked up, he would still be the better man in the field, even against a young Neymar he was MVP.

Edited by King_Obina
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

17 hours ago, Eric said:

Do you think any Latin clan has ever been at the level of a Brazilian clan?

Why do you think there have been historically many brazilian clans and not venezuelans, chileans, or w/e?

Do you consider language would be a barrier to actually create a Hispanic/brazilian clan?

Do you think any Latin clan has ever been at the level of a Brazilian clan? No.

Why do you think there have been historically many brazilian clans and not venezuelans, chileans, or w/e? I think their player base is significantly smaller, Brazil can fit all this country in it and there is still a lot of space around.

Do you consider language would be a barrier to actually create a Hispanic/brazilian clan? It could happen if the pk leaders used English, if you play runescape you should understand English, but I don't see anyone trying that effort anytime soon.

17 hours ago, Kurazita said:

What was TCL's opinion back then when WL's leader basically deleted Hell Army's forums? 

Did you guys ever had problems with spies?

What was TCL's opinion back then when WL's leader basically deleted Hell Army's forums? 

Solidified our opinion that we were the light side to your dark empire, we suffered from that before and it was not something we would do with any other clan.

Did you guys ever had problems with spies?

Wagnerrafael was a spy on TCL, and he was so good at it we almost made him staff.

17 hours ago, Eric said:

What do you think made Brazilians choose MMA or WL over TCL?

Why do you think people chose TCL over other brazilian clans?

Did Pele really had his first sex relationship with a male kid?

What do you think made Brazilians choose MMA or WL over TCL?

Our community was a little closed and we would work our members pretty hard on activity and performance, we also had a couple of toxic members that could rub some people the wrong way.

Why do you think people chose TCL over other brazilian clans?

We had big goals and the best callers of the era, so people would come to join a winning project.

Did Pele really had his first sex relationship with a male kid?

I have no idea, and I wont say anything about Maradona because I wont speak Ill of the dead, mate ##########

17 hours ago, Pietru said:

How do you think TCL would fare in today's clan world?

You guys were probably my favorite brazil clan back then, it was always a pleasure fighting you

I think we would be lined up with the alliance, helping to bury the ROT remains whenever possible and providing good clean fights to the rest of the clans around. 

Edited by King_Obina

spacer.png

10 hours ago, true said:

How big is TCL's community these days? Do you have a Discord/Facebook group?

Have you considered reopening on OSRS at any point?

What is the most "no honor" thing you've done?

How big is TCL's community these days? Do you have a Discord/Facebook group? We have a Facebook group of around 65 people and a discord with 50.

Have you considered reopening on OSRS at any point? No serious consideration since most players from TCL are not around anymore.

What is the most "no honor" thing you've done? We had this one annoying kid called CL_BLood, we killed him once in a p2p pk trip just because he was soooooo freaking annoying.

spacer.png

@King_Obina as for the "brainwash" part you've mentioned - the entire luso-brazilian scene used to say that like it was an absolute truth but realistically I truly don't remember that happening during my stay. We would quite often get crashed by ADJ/EOS/HA when fighting vs. you guys and we used to be hella satisfied about being the last clan standing (in FULL RUNE while SKULLED @ RoT) after 10 hours of fight, outnumbered by 50+ people etc. but it was never like we were blind to not see the struggle, we just would rather discussing whatever we could have done better in private and celebrating the victory in public - uncappeds were never about who performed better, but about who was willing to go that extra mile and stay regardless of being tired/having shit to do the next day - if we actually lost in whatever kind of fight, I actually remember us having a step back as a staff team and telling people to not be claiming something that wasn't ours. In general I feel like during 2010-2012 you guys usually would perform better (but fighting under better circumstances) and bail whenever you got bored, but from our perspective, it didn't matter tanking for 2-3 hours to get the W afterwards. 

How did it feel when I deleted all topics from TCL boards back in 2011-12? I remember I was just chilling when Hugo randomly PM'd me with his forum details saying "have fun". Tbh it was just topics being cleaned so no major issues but how did it get to the point of having a Warlord/Pk Leader (mod cp access) rage quitting like that?

Did any of you guys @King_Obina @Frankventura @Aiorya @Victor take part on the last cluster before EoC? How was it from your perspective?

Vid from that fight:

Edited by D96

gucpsM8.gif

12 hours ago, true said:

What clans did you respect the most? The least?

Who are some great regular TCL members that did not get a chance to be ranked?

1. Most: RSD, TT, COR

Least: ROT, PH, DK, WL(Back in the day)

2.Being recognized as the best caller in 2011-2012 which was our prime era

melhorfileader.png.b299a1d7adbf1637a8507d8244bd1da0.png

3.DTF_Drag and Jockerboy as Obina mentioned. They were really good guys

12 hours ago, Adam_ said:

ROT for sure.

11 hours ago, true said:

How big is TCL's community these days? Do you have a Discord/Facebook group?

Have you considered reopening on OSRS at any point?

What is the most "no honor" thing you've done?

1. We do have an Facebook and whatsapp group! we also have a Discord that we keep private. Its not very active but we always see people posting some stuff once a while and its really good to see they are all having great lives (I don't know one person from TCL who did not accomplished success in IRL)

2. No. Brazillian and portuguese community is too small.

3. I may have crashed some WL fights on past.

10 hours ago, D96 said:

That's actually a quite interesting read. I have nothing but respect over TCL, you guys gave me the most fun I've had on this game by far. Regardless of WL or TCL being on the better moment, it was always competitive and it always tasted different when compared to any other fights.

I never thought I'd see it happening, but a huge shoutout to when WL reopened in OSRS and 30-35 of you guys joined us. Even if it didn't last for long, was very nice to be clanning with y'all, be it on the fights or community wise. When we had that 8 hours fight against Arroz we were all washed up, low levels etc. but we still managed to smoke them and it was really enjoyable, I never thought I'd see the likes of Aiorya, Rmd, MrLolz & others calling/back up calling/hyping people up in WL while fighting another luso-brazilian clan lmfao.

1. Really bad mate, I felt like I had lost a brother... When someone told me that TCL was going to close their doors I felt like one piece of me was closing. 

2. I would definitely trained some guys to take over the clan after goodwar and aiorya was showing signs to inactivity.

3. -

4. Only and if only we had enough people to keep wl and tcl open with some kind of health environment 

5. WL had a really closed community. Yes I felt the same in this "new" WL

6.WL members were just too annoying they did everything to manipulate and lie to their members and they were very trash talker to people to TCL that didn't even sent a bad message to them

I used to be doxed and receive not good msgs all time in Orkut. No WL from today is very different from the one from the past

2 hours ago, Joni said:

Always enjoyed fighting you guys with Fools.

brazilians: Whos your all time/current favorite brazilian footballer and why?

Guess current is Neymar. All time is Romario

• Like 1

fBUa3oi.png

14 minutes ago, D96 said:

@King_Obina as for the "brainwash" part you've mentioned - the entire luso-brazilian scene used to say that like it was an absolute truth but realistically I truly don't remember that happening during my stay. We would quite often get crashed by ADJ/EOS/HA when fighting vs. you guys and we used to be hella satisfied about being the last clan standing (in FULL RUNE while SKULLED @ RoT) after 10 hours of fight, outnumbered by 50+ people etc. but it was never like we were blind to not see the struggle, we just would rather discussing whatever we could have done better in private and celebrating the victory in public - uncappeds were never about who performed better, but about who was willing to go that extra mile and stay regardless of being tired/having shit to do the next day - if we actually lost in whatever kind of fight, I actually remember us having a step back as a staff team and telling people to not be claiming something that wasn't ours. In general I feel like during 2010-2012 you guys usually would perform better (but fighting under better circumstances) and bail whenever you got bored, but from our perspective, it didn't matter tanking for 2-3 hours to get the W afterwards. 

How did it feel when I deleted all topics from TCL boards back in 2011-12? I remember I was just chilling when Hugo randomly PM'd me with his forum details saying "have fun". Tbh it was just topics being cleaned so no major issues but how did it get to the point of having a Warlord/Pk Leader (mod cp access) rage quitting like that?

Did any of you guys @King_Obina @Frankventura @Aiorya @Victor take part on the last cluster before EoC? How was it from your perspective?

Vid from that fight:

1. I think you deleted our topics late 2009-early 2010. Hugo was a mad kid who though he was better than everyone just bc he was a caller in VR. He was good but we had better callers. Much better if you may. We had everything on our backups was not really major but we felt bad for Hugo. That made my never talk with him again. I value caracter over all other things in a human being, after you lose that you're dead to me.

2. I wasn't there unfortunately. I guess I was not playing runescape at that time. I was active until a little bit after the release of Dungeon.

fBUa3oi.png

18 hours ago, Tika191 said:

Always enjoyed fighting you guys. I remember TCL had some great members like MrLolz, Srt and the tank-bait king Moska that I thought would've made great additions to the clans / team I was in at the time. Nothing but respect from fights against you with dwood, se, sol and gen.

Which clans did TCL hold in high regard? Alternatively, which clans did you guys dislike? 

Who is the most influential figure in TCL history?

Which clans did TCL hold in high regard? Alternatively, which clans did you guys dislike? 

We liked DF,RSD, FOOLS, 2M, TT, CORR, FOOLS, FSK we always had good relationship with all these clans. we had some small beef with CR, EOS and VR (Hugo).

Who is the most influential figure in TCL history?

Goodwar15 for sure he was the brains, @Aiorya was the spirit.

17 hours ago, Filz said:

we @D96 closed tcl @King_Obina

Nah

Edited by King_Obina
  • Like 1

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Eric said:

Did you have to consider the Libertadores Cup schedule when setting fights up? 

Did people leaving to watch a match ever costed you a fight?

Did you have to consider the Libertadores Cup schedule when setting fights up? 

When I scheduled events as a Council yes, but most of our Warlords did not had that in mind.

Did people leaving to watch a match ever costed you a fight?

Probably indirectly, but in TCL's time most of the members would give the clan priority.

19 hours ago, true said:

What’s your worst moment in Tcl as a clan?

The fall out in 2012 was the worst moment of TCL as a clan, that pretty much closed TCL's destiny.

20 hours ago, Kurazita said:

In your opinion, what makes you think TCL didn't have a community as strong as WL's? 

Any remarkable reasons about members who got kicked/banned/warned?

In your opinion, what makes you think TCL didn't have a community as strong as WL's? 

You guys had big IRL gatherings we never did that in such a scale, we also had lots of inner groups and circles. So our community was always like 10 different small groups, coordinated to win fights in runescape, we had members who would walk around on all groups, but some did not really talked to each other.

Any remarkable reasons about members who got kicked/banned/warned?

Diegom being kicked for bullying another kid LOL, a bunch of members were doing it but he was the main focus at the time.

Edited by King_Obina

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Ssj said:

If you could go change one thing about TCL looking back what would it be?

The only thing I would change is that I would fight for a bit longer at those uncapped fights (I used to fight most of the time, but many times didnt manage to stay until the end due to my studies)

17 hours ago, Venenatis said:

if you could change something in the clan world what would you change 

I have to agree that if we didn't have crashers it would make it more enjoyable fights. I don't remember and dont expectate to start and finish a whole fight without being crashed

17 hours ago, true said:

Who are some opponents u never got to challenge/beat that you wish could have

I wish we had the same quality as Fools, they were the best and undisputed country clan of all times.

16 hours ago, true said:

Whats your favorite food?

You should try fried cuttlefish. It's a recipe from my hometown and believe it, its really good!

https://amodadoflavio.pt/ophaboah/2017/06/chocook.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-12-00-54-27-274_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Very interesting read so far.

I always found TCL to be a very interesting clan, seemed to start small with high quality members.

What was the luso / brazillian cultural divide like? Did you find people were more likely to be friends if they shared the same country? (PT / Br). Or was it one big mixing pot with cultures very similar? Did PT look at Brozils funny? Did Brozils dislike the Portuguese members?

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

14 hours ago, true said:

I can always recall that day when I did tank like 270 opts of DK from east tree to west tree, pray mage on, like my best tank ever because they didn't drop the pile but took them too long to finish.

14 hours ago, Adam_ said:

14 hours ago, B4uz said:

Thoughts on Arroz clan? 

Basically b4uz answered Adam's question and vice versa. They are really the most overrated clan I've ever seen and if not, then they cant be considered a clan at all. Never heard from them again since like late 2020.

13 hours ago, D96 said:

1st question - I just performed one mass recruit campain of portuguese to TCL, if I did that like 2 or 3 times more, it would have been different for sure.

2nd - The uncapped vs Arroz made me 10 years younger for a day, the feeling that I'm still able to do it like i did back then was really nice. But the fight was easy and it wasnt that way back in the time.

3rd - That would make no sense today. Not only it would take numbers from WL but add a rivalry, TCL former members have really active irl and cant attend anymore, like Doutorsp and Galhas10 are gaming professionals at other games (but they still tried osrs), Dogax did quit osrs recently (but he is top pvmer and skiller nowadays), Wilky, DreadPandora and Goodwar15 have solid work projects that require all they attention.

4th - I'm a guy with really alot of good relations with many people and I have like 6 groups of irl friends from across all my jobs, across school, from university, from camping, from my neighbors and also from politics. And I still at to them the really different groups of people I know from Runescape, portuguese community being by far the strongest one due to my +7 years as a staff (and still counting), but also the clans i've been into and these are the ones who got me the knowledge about the different cultures of people who play this game.

5 hours ago, Joni said:

We are defending our title this summer. For the 2021 euro I would go with the following starting 11:
GK: Rui Patrício
Defenders: Raphael Guerreiro, Pepe, Rúben Dias, João Cancelo
Midfield: Danilo, Bruno Fernandes, Pizzi
Forward: Cristiano Ronaldo, André Silva, Bernardo Silva

But there are so many other talented players that really makes it hard to choose from

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D96 said:

1st question - As said, we had our backups but it was really backstabbing from Hugo doing what he did. We never talked about it, I did admire his quality and he could now be remembered as a top member of TCL if he didnt do what he did. We are still friends on facebook tho.

2nd - I watched the video and I guess I wasnt there. I dont remember the fight even though I wasnt retired. But November 2012 was really stressful for me because I had alot of high school projects to deliver at that time

19 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

What was the luso / brazillian cultural divide like? Did you find people were more likely to be friends if they shared the same country? (PT / Br). Or was it one big mixing pot with cultures very similar? Did PT look at Brozils funny? Did Brozils dislike the Portuguese members?

Since I remember (and since I started playing runescape), portuguese and brazillians already had this excellent relationship. Ofc there are portuguese that hate brazillians and vice versa and some others that even dont enjoy the likes of their own country. But even for Jagex that works that way. The portuguese staff working for jagex have portuguese and brazillians mixed.

But the cultures are really different no matter what topic you pick. I remember like 15 years ago what a struggle it was to schedule a Sunday event because the brazillians used to go to church at that day and portuguese couldnt care the most about that. And the proof about that is my hometown. To get from my home to the catholic church I could stop on 5 different, brazillian religion churches.

Edited by Frankventura

20 minutes ago, Frankventura said:

We are defending our title this summer. For the 2021 euro I would go with the following starting 11:
GK: Rui Patrício
Defenders: Raphael Guerreiro, Pepe, Rúben Dias, João Cancelo
Midfield: Danilo, Bruno Fernandes, Pizzi
Forward: Cristiano Ronaldo, André Silva, Bernardo Silva

But there are so many other talented players that really makes it hard to choose from

Andre Silva over Joao Felix or Jota if you want to play cr7 as a striker? 😮