The Call of Legends AMA - King_Obina - Aiorya - Frank - Victor

King_Obina

11 hours ago, D96 said:

That's actually a quite interesting read. I have nothing but respect over TCL, you guys gave me the most fun I've had on this game by far. Regardless of WL or TCL being on the better moment, it was always competitive and it always tasted different when compared to any other fights.

I never thought I'd see it happening, but a huge shoutout to when WL reopened in OSRS and 30-35 of you guys joined us. Even if it didn't last for long, was very nice to be clanning with y'all, be it on the fights or community wise. When we had that 8 hours fight against Arroz we were all washed up, low levels etc. but we still managed to smoke them and it was really enjoyable, I never thought I'd see the likes of Aiorya, Rmd, MrLolz & others calling/back up calling/hyping people up in WL while fighting another luso-brazilian clan lmfao.

You guys definitely dominated the majority of the luso-brazilian scene from 2010 to 2012. With that being said, assuming all of you weren't in TCL anymore when the mass leave happened, how did it feel to see TCL from the outside?

From my understanding there was a change in the ideology. The act of taking over itself was a sign that this wasn't the same clan i helped to build. At the day i left, TCL has alredy closed to me, that clan you guys fought wasn't even close to my clan. 

11 hours ago, D96 said:

What would you have changed in TCL if you had the chance? And if you say nothing you're lying #

I was a party animal by the time, so i wen't inactive many times the clan needed me...

Not that i wouldn't go to partys if i could back, but i feel i've could put some effort on be there, and i wasn't.

In another words, yes i feel guilty for the takin over thing, and if i was there maybe things would be different by the time.

11 hours ago, D96 said:

To @Aiorya, @King_Obina and @Frankventura - how was that uncapped WL vs. Arroz fight for you guys? Did you have the same feeling that I mentioned? What surprised you positively/negatively?

Pure Nostalgia! Was really good to play after ( 10 years? ) Never thouht i could call a spam of "AGAGAGAGAGAGAGA" again xD

Since there was a lot of known old names from tcl, wl, mma, ha it was really fun!

I just wish the guys from Arroz be more honorable and prepared. I mean they were returning in mith/addy lol

11 hours ago, D96 said:

What would it take to reopen TCL?

Why not to open:

Most of us are 25-35 yo nowadays, so i kinda doubt we would put the same effort in teaching new players from the zero to get on top warring level.

There are no new portuguese/brazilian players to recruit

There is no beef on the brazilian community anymore, the old school players are all together doing fine in WL.

11 hours ago, D96 said:

How did clanning/RS in general affect your lives?

I pretty much run my business as i used to run TCL lol

i've learned a lot about people, decision taking and many other stuff 

11 hours ago, D96 said:

What did you guys admire the most about WL back then? You still felt the same when we reopened in OSRS?

I guess the fact we couldn't close you

Wilderland always were good at the propaganda thing. To the others and to their own members, its like a brainwash trying to keep the "supremacy" thing alive on their minds.

And to keep it alive during the years they count with the presence of the elder members that impressively are still around on WL forums daily. If i'm not wrong they act as ranked advisors or something.

11 hours ago, D96 said:

What did you guys hate the most about WL back then? You still felt the same when we reopened in OSRS?

Well, as it was said back then Wilderland used to be so cocky, always flaming and talking trash to other pt-br clans. 

NAH, almost 10 years has passed, the clan community itself is shorter now. There is no why we fight eatch other anymore. I feel like we are old enemies and now the only things left are the good memorys of great and fun warring days. Much respect to the ones from the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D96 said:

@King_Obina as for the "brainwash" part you've mentioned - the entire luso-brazilian scene used to say that like it was an absolute truth but realistically I truly don't remember that happening during my stay. We would quite often get crashed by ADJ/EOS/HA when fighting vs. you guys and we used to be hella satisfied about being the last clan standing (in FULL RUNE while SKULLED @ RoT) after 10 hours of fight, outnumbered by 50+ people etc. but it was never like we were blind to not see the struggle, we just would rather discussing whatever we could have done better in private and celebrating the victory in public - uncappeds were never about who performed better, but about who was willing to go that extra mile and stay regardless of being tired/having shit to do the next day - if we actually lost in whatever kind of fight, I actually remember us having a step back as a staff team and telling people to not be claiming something that wasn't ours. In general I feel like during 2010-2012 you guys usually would perform better (but fighting under better circumstances) and bail whenever you got bored, but from our perspective, it didn't matter tanking for 2-3 hours to get the W afterwards. 

How did it feel when I deleted all topics from TCL boards back in 2011-12? I remember I was just chilling when Hugo randomly PM'd me with his forum details saying "have fun". Tbh it was just topics being cleaned so no major issues but how did it get to the point of having a Warlord/Pk Leader (mod cp access) rage quitting like that?

Did any of you guys @King_Obina @Frankventura @Aiorya @Victor take part on the last cluster before EoC? How was it from your perspective?

Vid from that fight:

It was so important i didn't even knew it happned LOL. it came to my knowledge by you 

I blame Uk Rei to trust Hugo, he was always high. Even when he started to erase our forums i bet he was on drugs, because he only deleted irelevant stuff... 

And WL claiming a forum victory? Not surprised lol.

Edited by Aiorya
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What did/do you guys think of True as a leader?

For those who were/are in the most recent iteration of WL, can you elaborate on what happened that caused the incident earlier in the year where RoT were doxing a ton of ppl from WL and posting their irls? Was it just for helping clans they are currently in a crash war with, or was there more to it? Did you do anything in retaliation (I use the term retaliation lightly because i'm not expecting you to have done anything similar back, but hey, maybe)?

What do you guys think of Arroz if you know anything about them?

What are your opinions on 3rd party client and plugin usage for warring?

If more clans were open to allowing multi clanning with country clans, and you wanted to join an international clan, what one would you pick? Why?

What do you think of the following clans?:

Rev

RoT

AF

DF

SV

VR

PD

WL

WM

Fools

Di

Vit

CL

What do you guys think of pure clans?

What are the main differences between country clans in the past and those of modern day would you say? 

Were there any instances of TCL members doing out of game stuff or other notably bad things that resulted in them either being removed or reprimanded? 

Were there any members you removed from TCL that you didn't necessarily agree with removing?

For @King_Obina how hard has True tried recruiting you?

What did/do you guys think of True as a leader? 

True was one of the best leaders I had on the international scenario, he is always around and talks to all the members whenever possible. Like I said from my passage in DF, the plan of action and its objectives are always clear to the members and that can really unite people behind one goal. He also used to be a pretty good caller back in the day, align that with his leadership skills he is a force to be reckoned in this game.

For those who were/are in the most recent iteration of WL, can you elaborate on what happened that caused the incident earlier in the year where RoT were doxing a ton of ppl from WL and posting their irls? Was it just for helping clans they are currently in a crash war with, or was there more to it? Did you do anything in retaliation (I use the term retaliation lightly because i'm not expecting you to have done anything similar back, but hey, maybe)?

They wanted WL to back out of the crash war and stop helping the Alliance, they tried to use that Dox to make us switch sides... 

What do you guys think of Arroz if you know anything about them?

I think they are a open CC ? They tried to have beef with a real clan and got smacked.

What are your opinions on 3rd party client and plugin usage for warring?

On an ideal word people should not be using that... if jagex accepts them and people use them, then the field should be plane and all the clans should have access to them. 

If more clans were open to allowing multi clanning with country clans, and you wanted to join an international clan, what one would you pick? Why?

Tempest, I have a lot of friends here and I like the way they roll.

What do you think of the following clans?:

Rev - Strong clan, top contender and I am glad to see a "new comer" into the F2P word, is currently in my top 3 F2P clans.

RoT - I cannot look at them without taking in consideration what they try and do to the clan world, in my opinion they are a cancer and should be removed from the game.

AF - Strong clan, can pull strong numbers and has good organization, not very strong in the EST time zone but can definitely overpull most of the clans around. 

DF - Good community, nothing but respect for these guys. If they retained most of the members from back in the day, they are probably the best men to men P2P clan around.

SV - Dog shit

VR - I think they have a lot of potential if week prep fights were a thing now a days.

PD - I don't follow them closely.

WL - My boys, our overall activity has fallen but that is probably due to IRL stuff. We Brazilians are volatile in activity at the game and I understand that.

WM - Wild Might? Are they still around?

Fools - Should make a come back, was most definitely the most dominant country clan around.

Di - DI is a landmark in Runescape there are no doubts about that, they dominated back in the day saddened me deeply the fact they sided with ROT back in the day.

Vit - Another strong country clan, don't know why they are not fighting F2P anymore.

CL - Good Aussie clan, had good numbers and organization only good memories from fights against these guys.

What do you guys think of pure clans?

I don't follow them closely, but why pures why not train your account to full potential? I cannot wrap my mind around it tbh.

What are the main differences between country clans in the past and those of modern day would you say? 

Numbers and time, most people don't have time to be online all the time like in the past, and we do not see new blood joining the ranks.

Were there any instances of TCL members doing out of game stuff or other notably bad things that resulted in them either being removed or reprimanded? 

Durateen hacking, scamming and all that.. yeah he got kicked.

Were there any members you removed from TCL that you didn't necessarily agree with removing?

No.

For @King_Obina how hard has True tried recruiting you?

... @true is a friend it is only natural he wanted me to join his clan, he invited me on day one. However I was already in WL, and I am not one used to jump ships easily, if I was able to be in both I would.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

19 hours ago, Ssj said:

What was your most memorable fight in TCL?

TCL x TT from 2010, I remember clearly the turning point when Uk started leading and transitioning through TT.

19 hours ago, Ssj said:

If you could go change one thing about TCL looking back what would it be?

I would have made a JR clan to recruit from scratch, maybe tried to capitalize more in our wins, helped the Brazilian community to grow stronger like RSPT did.

18 hours ago, Venenatis said:

oh ssj beat me

if you could change something in the clan world what would you change 

Ban whoever engages in NH activities like Scam, Dox, hacking & etc.

18 hours ago, true said:

Who are some opponents u never got to challenge/beat that you wish could have

Fools, they were our main goal back in the day, unfortunately we were never able to beat them. 

17 hours ago, true said:

Whats your favorite food?

Chicken parm with rice and fries. That is my safe plate in all restaurants here in Brazil. If I don't know if the food is good, I go with chicken parm cause it is at least acceptable. 

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

Just now, true said:

What were your thoughts on CR?

We had some good fights and some beef, but i really can't remember why.

Not sure if it was flame about brazilian clans or something, since CR seemed to have kinda of a rivalry with MMA.

Edited by Aiorya

@King_Obina how did it feel when you saw @Aiorya getting piled on that WL vs. Pandemic CWA fight? When we said on TS that he was the pile, instead of putting his zamorak set on, he took his green d'hide off, someone must still have that pic bro lmfao

@Aiorya how did you manage to do that ^

@King_Obina @Aiorya @Frankventura @Victor what's the most NH thing you've done?

If WL closed, that would leave a lot of brazilian & portuguese men homeless. Would that make a TCL comeback remotely possible or would still be a big no?

gucpsM8.gif

22 hours ago, Eric said:

How do you think Brazil losing to Germany 7-1 would have affected TCL if it remained open in 2014?

We have 5 FIFA cups... shit happens, but we would probably take one to three months off to morn it... that 2014 Brazilian team was shit.

Edited by King_Obina

spacer.png

How sick y'all think Wilderlegends would have been back in RS2?

Share a funny story from TCL that never got disclosed publicly

A part from WL, who would you say that were your biggest rivals/who you enjoyed the most fighting against?

In your oppinions, why brazilians always hated other brazilians in RS?

Best party/festival you've been to?

Did you manage to get away from that crazy girl or she still in your house @Aiorya?

How did y'all feel when you saw UK Rei live on TV cus he was late to do his uni entrance exam lmfao?

Edited by D96

gucpsM8.gif

What would you say the % split was of people actually located in Brazil vs. Portugal or elsewhere ? Both for the call of legends and WL whichever mix you each have been in

Ever have any community meetups? Would you (again)?

Can you elaborate on durateens snaky antics ?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1 hour ago, Vanuckle said:

Very interesting read so far.

I always found TCL to be a very interesting clan, seemed to start small with high quality members.

What was the luso / brazillian cultural divide like? Did you find people were more likely to be friends if they shared the same country? (PT / Br). Or was it one big mixing pot with cultures very similar? Did PT look at Brozils funny? Did Brozils dislike the Portuguese members?

1. Was big we cant lie but Portugal members were always very kind and good. I don't think being from another country have influence on friendship to be honest, language was the same and we really got along with pt members as much as the Brazilians (Frank is one of my biggest friends and we never stopped speaking with each other since 2010)

2. Yes we had some good times at TS when some Portugal member said something funny or vice-versa. Was really fun and cool in general

1 hour ago, true said:

Who are some main clans you wish you joine/tried over the years?

How often did you skip main clan events for TCL?

1.I wish I was in RSD. I was there for a brief period of time (I was a FA) and I was impressed by their quality members and callers

2. I guess I skipped like 2-3 fights per week when I was in COR and TCL at the same time (TCL was my main priority)

Edited by Victor

fBUa3oi.png

1 hour ago, true said:

What were your thoughts on CR?

Good clan that used to talk a lot of shit on RSC They felt like they were superiors just because they were from america and that shit pissed us. Everytime we fought we gave our 100% to demoralize their attitude and to be honest we did many times.

50 minutes ago, true said:

Does Lemaster need his ass kicked?

Lemaster is a cool guy, I have nothing to complain about him

19 minutes ago, D96 said:

@King_Obina how did it feel when you saw @Aiorya getting piled on that WL vs. Pandemic CWA fight? When we said on TS that he was the pile, instead of putting his zamorak set on, he took his green d'hide off, someone must still have that pic bro lmfao

@Aiorya how did you manage to do that ^

@King_Obina @Aiorya @Frankventura @Victor what's the most NH thing you've done?

If WL closed, that would leave a lot of brazilian & portuguese men homeless. Would that make a TCL comeback remotely possible or would still be a big no?

I have crashed some WL fights with multiple botting accounts at the same time when I was learning programming.

16 minutes ago, D96 said:

How sick y'all think Wilderlegends would have been back in RS2?

Share a funny story from TCL that never got disclosed publicly

A part from WL, who would you say that were your biggest rivals/who you enjoyed the most fighting against?

In your oppinions, why brazilians always hated other brazilians in RS?

Best party/festival you've been to?

Did you manage to get away from that crazy girl or she still in your house @Aiorya?

How did y'all feel when you saw UK Rei live on TV cus he was late to do his uni entrance exam lmfao?

1. we probably would be in RS2 what FOOLS was in OSRS.

2. Dude We have so many stories that cannot go public lol but the funniest one was for sure when UK lost their uni exam... dude... You cannot imagine

3.Ego. Brazilians want to be the best in everything, not being the best but by making their enemy/opposition feel like trash

4. Ultra Festival Miami 2019 or Paul McCartney in Salvador, Bahia

5. Was the funniest moment in my runescape life.

9 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

What would you say the % split was of people actually located in Brazil vs. Portugal or elsewhere ? Both for the call of legends and WL whichever mix you each have been in

Ever have any community meetups? Would you (again)?

Can you elaborate on durateens snaky antics ?

fBUa3oi.png