Christian Eriksen Collapsing on Field

Vanuckle

Very scary moment in Denmark today as Eriksen collapsed on his own mid match.

Due to quick life-saving treatment from the local medical staff and some players, Eriksen seemed to regain consciousness at pitch level and has been recovering in hospital. Thoughts are with his family and the Danes who were there to witness it, as it was surely traumatic. 

Do you think the game should have continued or should have been cancelled? What would you have done if you were in charge?

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

Terrible thing to watch. I am 100% on the side of cancelling the game. That is a really traumatic experience when you are on a team and something like this happens. These people look at each other as brothers so it would definitely affect their performance. Hope he recovers and is well soon!

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

Really awful to watch, honestly thought he had died. Glad to see in the news that he seems to be doing okay in hospital. Hope it stays that way.

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

Was awful. Personally don’t think the game should have continued at that point but reports are that they consulted players. Glad he seems to be okay and I hope he recovers completely. Really sad situation anytime something like that happens in sports. 

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

Definitely a pretty scary situation. The game should always be cancelled if something like that happens.

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png

Glad to hear that his condition is stable.

I think in order to have a fair match, it should've been postponed until tomorrow to give the players more time to sort their no-doubt turbulent feelings. But, after word came from the hospital that Eriksen wanted the game to continue, it would've been awkward to do. In any case, a shadow will forever hang over the outcome of the match since Finland ended up winning with a 2nd-half goal.

I'll add that I can understand why Eriksen wanted the game to continue. I received a long-term injury during a game of beach volley, and my immediate thoughts – while immobilized by the injury – were only about how I was inconveniencing the others in the game by not being able to crawl off the field to let them resume. Not that I may have just been almost paralyzed or something. I can imagine him thinking about the thousands of fans etc. that were there to watch a game and feeling unduly ashamed about his personal health holding things up. In that light, it would have been reasonable to politely overrule his opinion and postpone anyway.

Edited by S3lvah

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

19 minutes ago, Brian said:

If the players were ok with it then it was fine to play resume. I doubt they would have forced them to play if they didn't want to.

This pretty much

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

Should've been canceled. This just goes to show that not even professionals in various sports scenes are free from abuse and poor treatment. 

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif