I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

I think DI had quite some Dutch people in there aswell over the years. Like Tim de spin, tha hanzz, inf` etc. do you have good memories at the dutch members, and if so which one was your favorite?

I remember we fought DI quite some times with RDC aswell. what are your thoughts/memories about RDC?

Posted Image

10 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What do you think of these current clans?

Rev

AF

RoT

DF

VR

PD

CL

Is there anyone that you were surprised was still around or you could reach any contact with when filling Di discord up with old members? Is there anyone you were either surprised you couldn't contact, or just wish you could/was still around?

What do/did you think of bball?

Did you have any reservations reopening Di in OSRS after A. Having been closed so long and B. probably assuming the game wouldn't last insanely long as many didn't?

Rev - Possible to work with them. Like to do things their own way and it works for them.

AF - Again possible to work with them. Did a lot of scummy stuff that was unnecessary in the past. Having a spy in DI was fair game but ddosing all of our members/officials non stop for no reason other than they could wasn't nice especially after the help I provided them getting out of a situation.

RoT - RoT now isn't the RoT I knew when I quit the game. It appears from the outside that the top leadership is gone inactive but maybe that isn't the case internally but they've taken a completely different direction. They did seem to be in a bit of a slump earlier this year. It's just hard to see why people would want to join, no real appeal.

DF - They've decided what they want to do and stuck to that plan. Seems to work for them but it's also severely limiting themselves. Like what would be the big deal in trying out F2P CWA for example? It's not good to be a P2P or F2P only clan nowadays. Try everything.

VR - It is what it is with VR. If they're happy doing small man pks as their main events then good luck to them with them.

PD - Seem like decent guys. Do what they do well.

CL - Hard for them to get events given their timezone and how small the clan community must be among Australian players. Never afraid to fight when asked though.

I would say I was more surprised with how many people were around in general. It was very easy to get in touch with a lot of people really quickly. Probably the only person I'd be interested in contacting that I can't make contact with is Brieanna

Bball was a hard worker and a smart guy. I feel like for a lot of people with him it was you either love him or hate him. He changed a lot (for the better) after his return to DI. The first time didn't work out well.

I didn't have reservations re-opening in that a lot of people seemed up for it and we're going to come back. In hindsight if I had known a lot of these people were only going to play for 2-3 months then dip on us I probably wouldn't have reopened. That was the massive disadvantage DI was at. Our members for the most part were coming back after a 4 year hiatus, where as other clans were rolling over from RS3 or in the case of RoT had only closed around a year earlier. I don't think anyone expected the game to last as long as it did, but I wouldn't have minded if it all ended within a year either.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

11 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you think there's room for improvement for any OSRS clans? If so, how?

What clans do you think are only downhill from here?

Do you consider VR a real clan? 

I'd say the only improvement clans could make from clans side is clans need to stop being afraid of losing. That way there would be more fights, the clan world would be more active and maybe become more appealing to outsiders. Obviously there's stuff Jagex could do but we know that's not going to happen.

I can't see any clans being able to expand in a big way beyond their current member bases so I guess all clans are only heading downhill from here. That said most are stable right now. I don't see any dying immediately because there's no reason for people to leave them with such low activity requirements, etc.

With the type of events VR has I consider them as more of a PK team.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Who are the 10 most important officials from both original and OSRS Di?

In no particular order:

Original:

Flako Rlz

Foyboy

Oergg

Radicalsurfu

Tomisme

dkm-

Ekaggen

Sircoolio

Blogs

And he wasn't a rank but Lrd

OSRS:

Olde

Bball

Alex Dawg

Inf

Foyboy

Paul

Joko

Scleritis

Ashley

Lavigne

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

As someone whose worked on many software related projects including some that are RS related / client/clanning related, what do you think of OSRS HD? What are some additions/changes you'd like to see done with the official client, apart from them fixing the stupid fucking login thing? 

OSRS HD is impressive but not my cup of tea in terms of playing the game. I prefer the graphics to be basic. I'm a bit of a minimalist in that sense. Having looked at the code I don't think it was hard for him to do, it was more just time consuming having to visit all the areas in the game and working out how things are going to look. Jagex not willing to work with him made things more difficult I'm sure. They really should have just got involved early and possibly even paid him for his work.

What they need to do with the official client is go down the route that WoW does where people can make plugins/mods and add it to the official client. They could have a really strict process where everything needs to be approved by them and only then can be installed. They can't keep forcing people to use their outdated client and the move to steam isn't going to work either. I have no doubt that eventually they'll force everyone to steam but that's a long way off still. Yes the java client is "outdated" but it doesn't have to be if they allowed user made plugins. I think a big part of the problem is they lack the expertise to do a lot of this stuff. Most of their devs are just grads and don't stay long enough after they get a bit of experience.

They could easily add a lot of the runelite stuff in the morning if they had someone who knew what they were doing. Plugins really aren't hard at all.

• Like 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

12 hours ago, Adam_ said:

You mentioned you've never really cared for Murray and the feeling is probably mutual, but how do you feel about some of the other guys in DF who have been there a long time? Rene? IMK? Do you have similar feelings toward their previous official teams/their clan, or is it really just Murray himself? 

When I used to deal with DF I really only dealt with True and Murray. Rarely with the other officials. Any interactions I had with others seemed fine. I think any guys that were there pre Murray leadership seem fine still from what I can tell. Some of the newer officials though you can tell they're heavily influenced by the way he is.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

During the MB era you would have been sent pics/vids of DI members breaking the honour rule.

Was there any time you let this slide as the person in question was too valuable to lose? If so, who?

Why do you want to join Reign of Terror? Because I have learned to see through the haze of propaganda that chokes the RuneScape clan world and see things for as they truly are; RoT is the only clan that I can see that has adhered to its standards and been consistent throughout the entirety of Rs2007. You offer something more than just a clan to fight alongside, and that thing is a 'challenge' I am sick of easy touches and I relish the chance to prove myself amongst other people and not just be seen as a number on a memberlist. Your community offers the combination of strictness and leniency that I believe is perfect. I also wish to play my part in keeping you at the top of the ladder and become a presence in a community that I have heard so many things about, and more importantly build some bridges with people I haven't spoken to before, and of course, make some new mates.

~ Titan_666

Thoughts on e-dating?

Did u ever pray in 1v1s when di had that no pray rule?

Whos more alcoholic, steikas or seppohaa?

What kind of updates u would like to see from jagex?

When are @stone and @Adam_ joining?

Favorite whiskey?

Edited by Joni
  • pepesus 1