I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

Thoughts on DS's sudden closure? What made them close and who made the decision to do so? I'm aware that this question is irrelevant in relation to you, but I wanna get your take on it as well. 

Also, what kind of development do you think you would have seen from them in relation to DI being their competition?

How would DI be in today's clan world?

Q2Qhkdy.png

56 minutes ago, Carolina said:

What kind of development do you do? (What programming languages, how did you decide this as your career, do you enjoy doing software dev outside of work too as a hobby?) 

Right now for work I'm doing Android but that's only a recent thing so it's kinda new to me. My primary language has and probably always will be java, but I'm the kind of person that after a bit I can pick up any programming language. I think that's the way most developers are though. I always had an interest in computers from a young age mainly due to my cousin whose about 10 years older than me. So I ended up doing computer science in uni like him.

I've always enjoyed doing software dev outside of work. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not working on something tech related to RS.

• heart 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, S3lvah said:

1. Have you ever directly or indirectly mentioned RS on your resumé?

2. What have your friends/family known/thought about your dealings with the game / its clan scene? (Volunteer what you want to mention)

3. Best old & new DI callers in your subjective opinion & what qualities made them that

4. New DI's best moment(s)?

I'm sure there's some overlap between these & prev AMA; sry bout that

1. Indirectly yes. I learned a lot of stuff from Ekaggen back in the day that would definitely be useful in the real world.

2. I had some real life friends play runescape back in 2002ish. Other than that no. I mean of course my parents used know I was up all night playing a game when I was a kid but they never asked questions about it either.

3. For old DI my answer will always be Radicalsurfu. Anyone who was in old DI will probably agree with this and know why. That said I'm not sure how he'd fare now against the top callers. Different generation basically and hard to compare.

New DI I'd break it down between wilderness and CWA. Our best wilderness caller was Alex Dawg. It was more an atmosphere thing that anything. He new how to keep everyone in a good mood, but he wasn't a CWA caller which is why I'd separate them. For CWA I'd have to say Paul. There was a point where I just knew we wouldn't win if he wasn't there. Not to say our other callers were bad but Paul was just a level above everyone else at that time.

4. It's often overlooked but DI did win the first F2P all out JCup on F2P. Probably our other best moment even though we lost was the hour long 30vs30 KO Jcup F2P final vs RoT. No one else managed to run them that close in the JCup.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Sup Brian

Who did you promote in DI that you regret  when looking back and why?

D156. I'll always maintain that tactically he was good. He put a lot of prep into fights and didn't just want to wing things, which at the time others like Alex did. He was just impossible to work with though and likely sucked the life out it for a lot of others who pretty much gave up and weren't the same after.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Frankventura said:

I remember your last AMA and the reason is that you are a legend of clanning and one doesnt know about clans if they dont know about you.

Now to the questions:

Did you listen to Bullet for my Valentine before Devil Dante's pk videos?

What are your favorite artists?

Would you accept to participate in a podcast with me?

I have more questions but these will be enough for now

I did. I used to like that kind of music back then. I think I might have actually introduced Alix (Dante) to that kind of music. Me and him were good friends until we had a falling out over something stupid and he left DI because of it. I can't remember what exactly but it was a shame things ended that way.

Right now the music I'm listening to mostly is Daft Punk, but their 90s stuff.

You've certainly got a good voice for podcasts

• heart 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Can you give us more info about the Darkmagi guy you mentioned earlier on the thread?

After Foyboy left for RoT, you mentioned on his leaving thread that he didn't say a word to you regarding it. Did you ever end up talking to him again when he was in RoT, or after he was removed? Have you heard of him being around recently/since Tempest formed? Would you say you guys are on good or "ok" terms now?

What did you think of new new Di (Olde Nite Di)? Do you think they should have opened under a different name? Do you think if they had, they would have retained the members they did? What do you think they could have done differently?

On a topic on old di forums, someone leaked something and you posted a ton of partial IPs one of them being the culprit. You said at the end of the thread that it was "settled". Did the person come forward or did you confront them / find them on your own? What happened to them as a result, were they removed? http://www.di-rs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78052

Is @Titanthe biggest nonce you'd had in Di? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Are you 100% Irish (that you know of) or are any of your parents/grandparents from other countries? 

Ever participated in any drinking contests at your local pub? If you have: Did you win? 😉

Ever get into any fights at the pub? If you have: Did you win? 😉 

Are there any countries you're interested in seeing someday? 

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

1 hour ago, True 2k8 said:

Thoughts on the current iteration of DF and their current leader, Muray?

What Tempest departure bummed you out the most?

You always talk about how much you love @Adam_ in DM, do you share the same sentiments to him directly?

Would you let Ammastus rejoin? If not, would you give him Bunny?

As you know I never liked Murray and the feeling is mutual I'm sure. To me it's unbelievable that he's actually a clan leader and people "follow" him. I'm sure he has the ability and all but he's just so negative and emotional. Like his outburst in public discord when IMK posted an AMA here. It seems a lot of that flows down from him in the clan. They do what they do well though I suppose.

Bill Clinton. No really no one yet. There would be some people I'd be disappointed if they left though.

He's an interesting guy. He's done his homework on a lot of people it seems.

I'd give him Bunny but I think he's too far off the deep in to last in Tempest

• sus 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Having led several of them in Di, while being an official in Tempest did you foresee something happening with several of the guys who left for VR? 

What's the most nh thing you've ever been involved in (could be something you did yourself or allowed another Di official/member to do, or I guess another clan if it was there)?

Who are your favorite 5 bunny guests?

What did you think of Arne33 during his time in Di? Were you at all surprised to see that he was a rank in RoT within the past year?

It seems like members of your iterations of Di in many cases are high quality members or ranks in the clans they went on to join after. Do you think this is indicative of Di itself and what they learned/experienced there, resultant of the fact that you may have had a more strict process on letting people in than some other clans so you didn't end up with a ton of morons in the first place, or both?

What did you think of the DF rivalry?

You mentioned true basically tricked you into joining as a member, but I imagine you had some say in whether or not you wanted to be an official. You did mention you always put 100% in when involved in clanning, so was that just a direct result? Or was there more that made you want to be/accept a position as an official again?

What is the reason you closed Di in 2017 the way you did? Looking back, do you wish you'd perhaps gone about it differently or even maybe made it more clear you didn't want it "reopening"?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png