When do you think the fellas will stop using fossil fuels?

Mk 17

When do you recon the fossil fuels will stopped being used? 

when do you think instead we will use things like olive oil etc for fuel as a healthy environment alternative? 

I hope before Im dead I see the day but I’m not sure the technology will ever exist, fossil fuels should run out in 50 years tho but I think if we munched all of them the world will be even more global warming’s than it is atm, there is plants now growing that lived in the times of dinosaurs so we are definitely making the planet a hotter toastier place 

spacer.png

Within 10 years I think gasoline usage I think will begin to start to go down in substantial ways, EVs going to increase in popularity massively, probably even more than expected, by 2030. Fossil fuels in general I think depends on tech like solar becoming cheaper or nearly equal to gas. Additionally need to make power grids more efficient (and batteries more efficient / available - Tesla’s “battery day” event discussed this point pretty well if you have interest).

Hard to predict what happens to the rest of the fossil fuel industry if gasoline demand is 80% down, do other byproducts increase in price if they can’t sell as much oil and gas to automotive? Will plastic cost go up? So many industries use raw materials that originate from crude, some cool challenges to work through to truly eliminate dependence on oil.

Edited by C6`
  • Like 2

EKoWIwx.gif

fTeqmVk.pngo6bKn2s.png

If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. – J.R.R. Tolkein

Lol methane and ethane on titan is cool but talk about cost of production sheesh. Start stockin up on firewood or moving south cause you ain’t gonna afford that gas to heat the house anytime soon.

Edited by C6`

EKoWIwx.gif

fTeqmVk.pngo6bKn2s.png

If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. – J.R.R. Tolkein

In the US, we still rely on fossil fuels for ~60% of our electricity

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be a long time before we ever completely stop using them

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

Natural gas is such a reliable form of energy that I don’t see it going away anytime soon. Wind and solar are just too dependent on weather at this point. It should also be noted that these renewable sources can also have negative impacts on the environment as well. For instance wind farms are horrible for migratory birds and can actually change wind patterns around them. 

EVs have made significant progress over the last few years but in many cases they still can’t replicate the range or power of the internal combustion engine. EVs are much more responsive though which makes them  fun to drive.

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png