MILAD - Mage Old Day AMA

MILAD

Thanks for doing the AMA.

In the 24 hour fight (TT vs. DF) mentioned in the first post, how grueling was it calling for 22 hours? How did you explain it your parents (assuming you were still at home)? Did you not have to duck out to eat food, sleep, go to the bathroom, etc.?

Having quit the game for over 6 years and coming back in 2020 what has been the most pleasant and unpleasant surprise?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

That 24 hour fight was nuts. Went to the fight, slept, had to work, came back and saw it was still going on.

Also Milad, as for SE: Elf Season.

uRNt3ZR.png

Through action, a Man becomes a Hero

Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend

Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth

By learning from the Myth, a Man takes action

9 hours ago, true said:

I think Exer and RR each died with like legit 15-20 members LOL

I remember a fight when RR had 30 people and we bashed them... horrific.

@On Topic: thoughts on TCL?

Edited by King_Obina

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

23 hours ago, Cravez said:

I can't read all that mate. Apparently you turned toxic whilst I was inactive. What went down and why x

Hardly what happened. After Bish had left, I tried to get the clan rolling again but most of our leadership were e-edating and when I tried to make things work, called people out, some certain individuals were given the rank to suddenly become decision makers. It was as if TT had turned into a sect, unfortunately. Nobody was even close to leading the clan after Bish. 

23 hours ago, true said:

What are some midsize clans you had the most respect for?

The Rising - always clean and respectable fights. They had mature leaders.

Crimson Raiders - It wasn't up until the small rivalry with EH that I had the utmost respect for CR. They were a respectable mid-sized clan that wasn't part of the dirty outside the game actions. I always thought that they gave us clean fights, even with TT.

23 hours ago, true said:

What did you think of CR during our mini rivalry?

Honestly, it pissed me off. No offence to CR, but we were putting our energy on the wrong clan and we didn't realize that the more it happened, and the longer it continued, the more we'd fool ourselves that we have suddenly become a mid-sized clan as well. It was too latefor us. However,  I enjoyed the healthy beef. I enjoyed the fights. They were clean as far as I remember and that's all I care about to be honest.

19 hours ago, true said:

What fictional characters do you relate to?

Petyr Baelish from Game of Thrones. I'm a very caring guy to those that are close to me and those I hold in high regard. Those that I don't, I find a way into their lives and cripple them from behind the scenes. I am not an evil guy, nor am I a nice guy. I serve myself and my family only. Although, unlike Petyr Baelish, I hope that I won't get my throat slashed with a dagger.

Q2Qhkdy.png

On 12/20/2020 at 10:50 PM, danex said:

could you once and for all confirm that Downfall was always better than Genesis?

I`ll say this: You didn't need PH. You had bigger pulls and better potential. 

On 12/21/2020 at 12:12 AM, Lavigne said:

EH should have died long before it did, it went out in the same sad sorry way clans like Exer, RR and Collision did. Oddly enough I do remember PKing with you in NI, it drove my brain at 300mph to see you applying for EH later on because that isn't generally where ex-NI would end up, I pretty much always stayed in the side of clanning that you'd associate with ex-NI (VR, EOS, COR etc) before ending up in RSD.  

Good history to read, weird that someone so loud could have a degree in accounting. You're supposed to be a boring fuck instead. Glad you realise NFL is the best sport on this planet - so are you a Giants fan?

It is kind of weird, but at the time it was more appealing than those clans you mentioned. We could've continued and actually managed, but that's a story for another time I guess ?

Haha, I know man. I'm not typically an academic person, but I managed to study my way through to an accounting degree. I don't work with accounting, except take care of my own books. NFL is not the best sport on the planet, it's football, but NFL isn't far behind ? I'm not a fan of any team in the NFL at all. I prefer watching all teams play and always look forward to a good game.

• Like 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

21 hours ago, Applerune said:

You always had a weird reputation of being off the wall and crazy but the few times I was able to hear you lead and call I always wished you might have been able to join COR. A lot of clans probably could not have handled you but you would have been perfect in COR.

Thanks for doing the AMA!

Haha yeah man. I wasn't your typical calm guy, I never liked being one either. I had a lot of good friends in Cor back in the day and I would see myself fit in perfectly in there. In TT, we were always friendly and never had any "real beef". It was always a pleasant time setting up fights with you guys - no drama, no headache. Just business. 

Thank you for reading the topic, Code! ? 

18 hours ago, The End said:

Thanks for doing the AMA.

In the 24 hour fight (TT vs. DF) mentioned in the first post, how grueling was it calling for 22 hours? How did you explain it your parents (assuming you were still at home)? Did you not have to duck out to eat food, sleep, go to the bathroom, etc.?

Having quit the game for over 6 years and coming back in 2020 what has been the most pleasant and unpleasant surprise?

It was exhausting, but exhilarating. I was filled with adrenaline the entire time. Bear in mind that we were fighting DF, our biggest rivals at the time. A clan we carried a lot of hatred for and despised in every meaning. In our heads, we were never going to lose that fight. It was simply not an option, at all. I had to take breaks in between. The reason I was there for 22 out of the 24 hours was because I had to leave and then come back. We had people like Cravez turn up out of nowhere. A lot of retireds just popping in because of the fact that DF was our opponent. 

My parents weren't present that day. Although my room smelled worse than a stable filled with horseshit. I barely ate that day. I made it out with sweets and salty snacks. Water too.

When I came back and saw that many old faces had returned to the game, I was excited, and very happy. I missed a lot of what a community like the one we have today in Tempest bring you. The joy, the laughter, the stories. It's everything I missed in Runescape. As for the most unpleasant thing... People still have some kind of e-pride...and 2021 is on the horizone. Imagine...

17 hours ago, Noble Inc said:

That 24 hour fight was nuts. Went to the fight, slept, had to work, came back and saw it was still going on.

Also Milad, as for SE: Elf Season.

Arguably one of the best Saturdays in my life. Cringe, but yeah. Haha!

Elf Season all day. Hunting them was one of the most enjoyable moments with EH. Hands down.

Q2Qhkdy.png

11 hours ago, King_Obina said:

I remember a fight when RR had 30 people and we bashed them... horrific.

@On Topic: thoughts on TCL?

A very strong Brazilian clan. I always thought your beef with other Brazilian teams/clans was enjoyable to watch from the outside of things. It added a lot to the clanning community. TCL and other Brazilian teams/clans were also a big reason to diversity in the clanning scene. You proved that you could assemble a group of people from the same nation and create something of your own, which spiced things up for other individuals to do the same and thus the growth of Brazilian clanning. I respected that, a lot. 

5 hours ago, true said:

Tell us a story

Back when I joined EH, I was in elementary school. My first fight, I believe, was a week prep against VR, uncapped run in. The one after that, against DI. I used to sit in class and it was all I thought about. Sometimes I would draw characters of our leaders take fall ins and call piles. I would create spam towers with texts piling up on top of each other on my paper. Teacher saw me do that and asked what I was drawing. I was shy. I didn't want to reveal my secret. My classmates saw how she insisted on knowing what I was drawing, so a lot of the kids gathered around me in class and forced an answer out of me. I told them that I was playing Runescape and I was in a clan called Eternal Honour. I told them that we're going to fight a clan in a week prep fight against called Damage Incorporated. Everyone laughed at me. I was bullied for the entire year. I'll never forget it LOL. No regrets tho, one of the funniest situations ever. Luckily, the same year when I turned 13, we started 7th grade which meant that the school I was attending was no longer the school I needed to attend to anymore because it was mandatory to switch after the 6th. Many of my classmates didn't attend the same school I chose back then. This all happened coincidentally, by the way.

5 hours ago, true said:

Have you and lovelost chatted much since he left tt?

Maybe once or twice. Once he left, he truly left. ?

4 hours ago, Dubbel Drank said:

When are you going to give me back my rune sets, Milad...

It's the question we all want an answer to, don't we Jorrit...

Q2Qhkdy.png