MILAD - Mage Old Day AMA

MILAD

Going off your answers to some of my previous questions you said it's another topic what you think needs to be fixed about the game in OSRS - so what needs to be fixed?

Additionally it's been mentioned a few times on the topic that something happened in Di, but there isn't much detail. Is there any possibility of us getting the story of what happened, for those who don't know it, or do you think it's best to just leave it to what's been said so far?

Do you see yourself aiming to be in any sort of leadership position in the future (in clanning) ?

What's something in the game, if anything, you've enjoyed outside of PvP?

What other games do you enjoy playing/have you enjoyed?

You mentioned Nullusion a bit, are you familiar with his current clan DR? Thoughts on them? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

8 hours ago, MILAD said:

Some of the favourite members in DI were Hatebreeder, yourself, @Josh@Venom, @inf`, @Brian obviously he was one of the reasons I joined. A bunch more that I kept close contact with during my time there.

I didn't particularly hate anybody in DI. I disliked a few members, but not to the point where it's worth mentioning.

This touches my heart @MILAD I didn't even know u were in tempest till u comment on my intro. Love u bud

• heart 1

BtnUgZn.png

wEiRzzJ.png

22 hours ago, Pietru said:

What comments/opinions do you have about NI back then? I only really knew about them during around 2009 era

NI were a bunch of low level pixel hungry small kids who would do anything to have some extra rune in the bank. It was never about crashing/ruining fights. Maybe it was like that for the leaders of the pack, but never for the members I feel.  Bunch of funny individuals nonetheless. 

22 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

What are your opinions on the following people:

Tika

Krunal

Gochance

Funkymunky

Bish

Evizu

Tika - A friend before anything. We were really close in Genesis and became good friends after calling with each other for nearly a year and a half. We had great chemistry and respect for each other, both as individuals and our abilities on the battlefield. 

Krunal - We were good friends before the crashwar. He seemed like a very intelligent individual, but my respect for him degraded after he resorted to unnecessary actions outside the game which went too far for my liking. I proposed that we lay the crashing to the side and enjoy the game, but he refused. The crashwar was FYI between Genesis and Pure Hatred.

Gochance - I feel like I didn't know Tim at all before we had a brief moment of getting to know each other at DI and now. A great person with a great sense of committment, a beast of a caller and an enjoyable person to hang out with.  Needs to realize that one day he's going to lose his voice, and this is coming from a person that loves to scream hahahaha.

Funkymunky - No opinion. I feel like we didn't have any interaction other than him pussying out everytime I asked him for a fight.

Bish - One of my favourite people on this game. Knew what he wanted, knew how to get it and knew how to balance the clan. Kept TT together. As a person, he was a comedian and liked to have fun in his own way. There could not be any TT without him.

Evizu - Seemed like he was one of the only sensible leaders VR has had throughout their history. He was easy to talk to and set up fights with.

21 hours ago, Eric said:

How do you feel about spending more time with RS people than Rl friends?

I felt a close connection with my friends over the net than many of my IRL friends. I had a tough childhood and whenever I was on teamspeak/ventrilo, I felt free of all of that. I may have reacted at someone or people in general in an aggressive manner, but I found out that it had to do something with my real life issues being released on people that didn't have to do anything with why I acted the way I did.  No regrets at all. I also speak better English than all of my friends combined, and in Sweden, nobody, I mean nobody, speaks bad English.

Edited by MILAD

Q2Qhkdy.png

22 hours ago, true said:

Does part of you wish it worked out long-term with DI?

Of course. I loved the memberbase. It was full of quality just laying there not being used in the correct kind of way. As a caller, it was very comfortable calling because their awareness of people around piles was extraordinary. Everything was perfect in my eyes if it had worked out in a different way. Like I already mentioned, I went on about it in the wrong kind of way and it cost me dearly I feel.

21 hours ago, Pengy said:

Rank the languages you speak in order of proficiency

1. Swedish - I feel like I speak it better than any language I know.

2. English 

3. Arabic

4. Russian

5. Assyrian - this is my mother tongue btw.

6. Georgian

20 hours ago, King_Obina said:

Do you know that there are people around copying your name (MILAD) ? How do you feel about that?

Haha yeah I heard. Saw his name in AF's pile. Made sure we spammed "impostor" everytime we piled him.

• Like 2

Q2Qhkdy.png

20 hours ago, Kenny said:

What were your thoughts on the 24 hour fight vs DF? Did you feel like the fight went on much longer than it should have?

(Wasn't part of it so just wanted to hear a TT PoV)

Also thoughts on Lovelost?

I feel like both sides had their fair share of dominance during the fight. Seeing as it was a heated rivalry between two great clans, plus the hatred for each other, it`s understandable if both clans refused to call it off. I think that at the end of the day, both clans would have preferred not to go for 24 hours, especially those that were there for a long duration of it. We knew that we had to win at any cost and it didn`t matter how long it took for us to obtain a victory against DF that day. 

Lovelost was a really close friend of mine in TT. We were partners in crime. I enjoyed his presence in the clan as he brought a lot of joy and a super fun personality. Just a shame he left out of the blue without notifying me for DF. Still a good guy.

18 hours ago, Josh said:

Fucking lol the cougar story 

yeah what was it like being 30ish years younger? Do you wish you waited a bit longer?

LOL. I knew this was going to be brought up. Experienced women are the best.

18 hours ago, Josh said:

Which clan did you never join but you wish you did, or wonder what it would be like? 

was davej10 the best member in TT? 

who from other clans do you wish you could have recruited to EH or TT? 

Were Zlat and I really your best mates? 

How poor were you in TT to keep making me give you sets? 

Divine Forces. Always wondered what it would have been like.

Davej was the biggest spastic, and yet one of the funniest people on this game. #coifrange4lyphe

To EH: Nodari567

To TT: Sgt Frank1/True 2k8

You and Zlat were one of my few close friends in TT.

I've been poor throughout my entire clanning career as I barely played the game. ?

• Like 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

18 hours ago, Noble Inc said:

How much did you dislike SE back in the day?

Initially, I was planning on leaving EH for SE. There was a group of a few people from SE randomly hanging out in EH ventrilo, namely @AZF1, Sipstrassi, Killer####, Jdthakid2, Ryfry023 and they persuaded me to join SE. I made a leaving topic to leave, but I ended up staying in EH because @Ava_Ad0re convinced me to. Altough, at the peak of our rivalry, I did look forward to fights with SE as they were competitive. I didn't particularly dislike them, just motivated to beat them mainly due to the fact that they thought they were better, when we all knew they were miles behind us.

18 hours ago, Buzz said:

Good read tbh. 

If there was a clan you wish you could've tried, who would it have been? 

Thanks brother!

Divine Forces. Explained in previous post. ❤️

17 hours ago, Josh said:

In tt we had high tanking standards, but you were so often one hit. Do you wish we had more bishinmo tank practices in the gulags to help you? 

Best tanks you fought against? 

you coming finland soon for a pint?

Yes, I wish we had more of those to learn the concept of tanking ?

Felipe Prieb, Pure Str G40, Too, Andy4309, Ngaged

If you invite me, yes.

Q2Qhkdy.png

11 hours ago, Scleritis said:

ye one of those where both sides lost out, big shame

1. Rank clans you've been in in terms of enjoyment

2. When did you realize Dyn/Bearz would fail and why?

3. Why did you quit the game instead of trying to come back to DI when the above closed?

1. TT

2. EH

3. Genesis

4. DI

Probably the first two weeks. EoS mass joining and us allowing for it to happen was a mistake in my opinion. The leadership wasn't sustainable and not reliable.

I started working and focusing on my life. I had put too much time and effort on Runescape, prioritizing it ahead of things that were of more importance to me. If there was any clan I'd come back to, it would definitely be DI.

11 hours ago, D96 said:

Thanks for replying buddy, that's interesting to know. And yeah I remember his name, must've been fun ?

Do you remember this WL vs TT fight? How was it from your end, and what were your thoughts about it when you saw our pull etc?

Did you ever consider joining RoT? What are your thoughts about former clan mates that joined RoT?

What were your expectations about Tempest at first? How do you see Tempest now?

Any thoughts on RS2 WL / OSRS WL?

My mate Jupaack said hi btw, I've also met him IRL. Do you remember him from TT?

I remember this fight. A week before me and TT were a thing of the past. Things were hectic internally. Members not motivated. I set up that fight in hopes of reviving some morale boost for the clan. You should've heard our TS. It sounded like people were more motivated to go and play LoL than actually fight. I felt like I had tried to do anything in my power to make it work again, with certain officials, but at the end, nothing came out of it. 

I never considered joining RoT. They weren't a clan that I'd fit in at all. I believe that former clan-mates who joined RoT made their choices and decided to go for something they thought they'd enjoy, but still it is oddly weird that they would since RoT was nothing like TT.

RS2 WL: Many interesting smaller fights that I always enjoyed. You were/are a very respected country clan that has been around for a very long time. I always enjoyed watching your rivalry with TCL/MMA/HA from the outside. It made the game a lot more active, and that mainly is a big thanks to you guys. ?

OSRS WL: I just returned to the game and heard that you guys managed to assemble a lot of former active players from Brazil from TCL/HA and other Brazilian clans/teams. I love our fights as you always conduct yourselves with the utmost respect and I hold you guys in very high regard.

11 hours ago, true said:

What were your thoughts on DI’s callers when you were there?

I believed that there was a lot of room for improvement. The memberbase wasn't being used to its fullest capacity during fights. Of course, I tried to propose a lot of new ideas. When we applied them, we managed to take on RoT during a clean 1v1. The result? Video at the bottom of us chasing them down like the rats that they are.  I wasn't fond of us being mediocre against RoT or DF. I aspired for total dominance, totally  overwhelming our opponents. We seemed too careful during fights and didn't seize opportunities when they were presented to us. 

• Like 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

22 hours ago, true said:

Who are some gifted callers you felt like never got a real shot?

Blazzin8 - He did get promoted in EH, and being very young, he was far behind in the line-up. I feel like he didn't call as often due to the fact that we had Slaughter17, 3lite, Nullusion, X Zach02, Islamia all ahead of him. I enjoyed his calling a lot, personally.

21 hours ago, Josh said:

You can go to the pub with 5 people from the roonies - who would they be and why?

Jonezy50 - one of my first friends in EH.

Haru Masters - He recruited me to EH.

Bishinmo - I feel like at this point, it's pointless to explain.

Jatsenko - A real comedian/emo/dramatic all in one person.

Zlat - I've known him for far too long to not mention him. 

05Grogan - How can I not mention you Joshie

21 hours ago, Krystal said:

Hiii.  I definitely remember your name from Gladz & EH, but my memory is fuzzy on any interactions we had. ? Anyways, thanks for taking the time to do this AMA! I can't find if you answered Pengy's question about languages, but:

What languages do you speak? That's pretty cool that you speak 6 fluently.  What was the most difficult language to learn? And like Pengy asked, can you rank them in the order of the ones in which you are most proficient?  I'd like to at least learn Spanish eventually.  I only know basic stuff lol.  Any apps or other tools you used in the learning process that you can recommend?  ? 

Haha yeah it was at the beginning of my tenure in EH. You were inactive and then went on to quit the game I believe. You were one of the few 126's in the clan and one of the first members in EH.

Swedish, English, Arabic, Russian, Assyrian and Georgian.

I've always emphasized the fact on how to learn a language is best done by daily interaction with people that speak it. Those languages are spoken on a daily basis in my life. At home, we speak Swedish and Arabic, mostly. Assyrian is a smaller language spoken by approximately 5 million people around the world. It belongs to the old Aramean language, which consists of Syriac, Chaldean and Assyrian. They are practically the same but different dialects.

Then we have Russian and Georgian. I've lived in Tbilisi, Georgia on and off for 6 years, plus a large group of our employees are Russian and Georgian. I hear it and speak it on a daily basis at work and with a couple of close friends. Studying a language, reading about it and trying to memorize it will help you on the short term. There are common phrases used in a language that aren't taught formally that you need to comprehend in order to speak it properly. Daily interaction is the best method and always will be, in my opinion. 

I hope you really go for it! Learning Spanish is my next goal. I speak it on a beginner level right now, as in I can hold a conversation going but of course with some difficulties. 

Knowing multiple languages is something I've always been profound of. It's enlightening and really practical. 

Edited by MILAD
  • heart 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

21 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

send me some? ?

adress ❤️

20 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Why are you racist? 

jk lmao

Do you hold any grudges against the Ph guys after the gen/ph beef? Most of us involved didn't really give a shit after it was all said and done.

Are you aware that everyone collectively holds their breath when you start telling us to spam something because of it possibly being 1. stupid or 2. muteable ?

Honestly, I don't. I recall being friendly with almost everyone in PH after we closed and joined DI together. We talked about the whole thing for days on DI's teamspeak and had a laugh or two. 

Of course I am aware. It's one of the reasons why I do it haha.

19 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

How much wine do you sell a year?(your own)

We sell wine from a reseller at the moment who brings big amounts of wine into the country. The vineyard in Georgia is a hobby for now, but who knows.

Q2Qhkdy.png