MILAD - Mage Old Day AMA

MILAD

No questions from me really.

As Scleritis said the way your time ended in DI was a case of both sides losing out. I always felt you were a good caller because we didn't really have anyone like you who brought a lot of energy to the table. To be honest I don't remember the exact details of the incident (other than whats on your kick topic) that led to our exchange. Both of us were pretty hot headed at the time so it was never going to end well. That said, I do regret kicking you when I look back on it now. DI 2014 was a lot different than late 2015 on wards. I don't think you would of enjoyed the more serious direction we took later on if you had still been DI. I do often wonder where things would of ended up if people like you, D156 etc had remained DI.

• Like 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

How do you feel about @true as a leader?
Do you think @true should get back on calling, even tho he says it would give him aids? (like we don't know he has it already)

Edited by King_Obina

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

14 minutes ago, King_Obina said:

How do you feel about @true as a leader?
Do you think @true should get back on calling, even tho he says it would give him aids? (like we don't know he has it already)

Ok how much did @true pay you to ask him these questions?

• bank 1

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

Following the tone of the other day, 3 people in each clan you were apart of you'd like to have a beer with, and the 3 you would avoid.

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

Thoughts on the direction than the clan world is taking

Do you think there will be a time in the future where clans will actually fight for some time, compare endings and then leave, just like we did before, instead of dicking around for a twitter picture?

17 hours ago, MILAD said:

You aren't very wrong about what you mentioned. I did frustrate many people in EH, including yourself. I even remember that due to one of your elaborated posts on one of my intros, you made sure I was declined and I hated you for it at the time. You were protecting your clan from an eventual scumbag entering it, and I would've done the same thing as you. What I felt about you then is that you had a hard time letting go, even after I got in and proved my quality and committment to the clan, which was very frustrating at the time. I saw you as an arrogant individual that people liked. What I liked most about you is the influence you had on our members. You had a presence during fights which motivated us multiple times to turn fights around and actually win them. 

I do believe that if I were of similar age, I would have acted differently, therefore, our relationship would have been a lot more friendlier and peaceful. ❤️ @Xero

As I said, it's been nice to see the more mature individual you've grown into.  I can safely say the past is in the past, at least for me.  I hold no animosity for things that were said and attitudes from 11+ years ago.  I've mellowed a bit in my old(er) age.  

• Like 1

Have you have a funny RS moment or IRL moment where people didn't realize you spoke a specific language?

Is there anything you want Tempest to accomplish in 2021?

If you could start a new clan from scratch, what would its name be? Colors/cape? What kind of atmosphere would you try to create?

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

On 12/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, true said:

Have you ever wanted to be the Leader of a clan? Do you feel like you would flourish in that role? I don't think a leader role would fit me. I was more of an in-game kind of leader. I didn't feel like overwhelming myself with leadership responsibilities. Almost all of the clans that I've been in have had the right kind of leaders appointed.

Do you have any aspirations to be a Warlord-type official again?  I don't think so. I like being there when needed, but to fully committ to the role is something beyond anything close to reality seeing as how my life is right now. 

Who opposing callers did you respect the least?  Funkymunky11, Scotty Dont7 (always thought he was a hotshot. In TT we didn't take him seriously at all, and would not bother piling him on sight when we had the opportunity), Dennisnator0 (talked a lot of smack towards TT even though he was mediocre at best). 

Tell us a funny story from TT ? -- Probably me getting kicked from TT by two e-daters. I'm not really sure how this one went down, but it's somewhere along the lines of Bishinmo once kick banning Brad Xavier from Teamspeak and then getting stripped of his forum access within 1 minute because he had no ACP and couldn't touch any of the officials. Imagine having your leader and not trusting him with ACP on forums. I also remember getting SA on Teamspeak for the first time and stripping all of the officials of SA for 30 minutes. If I'd done that in EH, it'd probably been the boot, but I got demoted for a week. Still did my duties as an official during fights nonetheless lol. 

Q2Qhkdy.png

On 12/18/2020 at 6:50 PM, true said:

Who are the worst officials you've ever worked with?  Plav (we worked well, but I felt that he was very feminine and too emotional about stuff). Redroc from Genesis was generally an emo, so there's that.

Did you have any pre-fight rituals? Not really, apart from speeches here and there. 

Taking everything into account (ability, respect, accolades etc.), who do you feel is the best caller of all time? For me, the best I've been led by is probably Cravez. He had it all. 

Do you ever feel like you were the best caller in the clan world at some point? Yes. 2011, especially after the 24 hour fight against DF where we made a mark. The entire year TT were dominant in every single aspect of F2p. 

Who are some of your favorite people you met for the first time in Tempest? Dreambasher, Eric, Mohd, Pure Wood (I've only known of them, but never talked to them up until I joined Tempest) and the newest one that I haven't met before Mona. A lot more as well, but no need to mention all of them.

• heart 1

Q2Qhkdy.png

On 12/18/2020 at 7:31 PM, Vanuckle said:

What are some of the most important skills you learned in the game and how did you apply them to real life?

Patience, English and confidence. I learned how to be patient in EH. I wasn't very patient in EH, but it happened retroactively. I applied it to my work and how to deal with people. Think for a few seconds before replying, how not to be impulsive and to give people time. 

English - It goes without saying that if I joined any other clan than EH, I would not use grammar the way I do today and speak the language in the way I do. It has helped me a lot with my work, when travelling and getting to know people easily based on the fact that I could use several different ways of expressing myself. 

Confidence - I made it a big part of my character and personality. It has defined me in many different ways such as effortlessly being able to sit with just about anyone and lead a conversation in whatever direction I wish to. 

On 12/18/2020 at 8:39 PM, true said:

What’s your thoughts on Nullusion as an official? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Me and Nullusion didn't interact a lot, to be honest. He was barely active on Ventrilo. Barely uttered any words. He would be super active at certain points, then suddenly disappear and somehow still kept his rank. I respected him as a leader on the battlefield. He wasn't very outspoken as other officials, I feel. 

Q2Qhkdy.png

On 12/18/2020 at 9:01 PM, Adam_ said:

Going off your answers to some of my previous questions you said it's another topic what you think needs to be fixed about the game in OSRS - so what needs to be fixed? The only thing I care for is F2p clanning and nothing else. I believe that Jagex needs to remove the option "Snare". I think that you need to implement the 30 seconds delay when switching worlds to make returning more logical, so the person that dies isn't back in like 5 seconds. Lastly, to implement the option we have of choosing who you want to fight in F2p wilderness, just like CWA. Other than that, I've watched videos made by Sir Pugger and Torvesta about bot farms and Bounty Hunter. I don't really follow a lot of what's going on, but those are some issues that keep popping up, and they need resolving, apparently. 

Additionally it's been mentioned a few times on the topic that something happened in Di, but there isn't much detail. Is there any possibility of us getting the story of what happened, for those who don't know it, or do you think it's best to just leave it to what's been said so far?  So, to keep it short and concise: I joined DI after my clan, Genesis closed. I got into calling by the first fight already. I loved it. Everything about it. I loved the memberbase that DI had back then. It was full of quality members that I felt were not being used in the correct kind of way by the leaders on the battlefield. I expressed myself thoroughly about what needs to be changed in order for us to compete with clans like DF/RoT who were the strongest back then. I felt like my ideas were welcomed, but never applied. Once applied, we managed to take on DF and RoT simultaneously. We ended up making DF log out and chasing RoT to level 26 skeletons with just 80 people. I didn't take credit for anything or wanted to at all. That fight, me and @Gochance1 did most of the calling. I feel like my name was smeared at one point by some Warlords. Understandable, if you ask me. I was too passionate about becoming the best with DI back then, I truly was. I expressed myself in an inappropriate kind of way and that kind of backfired on me. It was disrespectful to an extent, but I was never given the chance to properly explain myself by the leaders. I was kicked because the leaders and specifically Brian thought I crossed the line and went overboard with things and didn't fit in with the standards of DI. I've always seen Brian as one of the top figures of the clan world and didn't hold any grudge against him after the fact whatsoever. 

Do you see yourself aiming to be in any sort of leadership position in the future (in clanning) ? No, I lead a very busy life for me to commit to a role in the leadership. I would be a liability. 

What's something in the game, if anything, you've enjoyed outside of PvP? Absolutely nothing. I had a total level of 1300 pre-EOC and my account was created in 2004 (?). 

What other games do you enjoy playing/have you enjoyed? I'm a Global Elite in Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I've played it since...like..forever.

You mentioned Nullusion a bit, are you familiar with his current clan DR? Thoughts on them?  Yeah, I heard that he has his own clan. Haven't followed them at all. I wish him and the clan the best of luck.

21 hours ago, Monkey said:

Why is Samimo so much cooler than you?

Samimo is cooler than everyone. He is awesome. 

18 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

would you like to see firehands9 on cam?

You know what I'd like to see? A real life fight between Firehands and Pete Noob.

Edited by MILAD
  • Like 3

Q2Qhkdy.png