Lego - AMA

Lego

On 1/30/2021 at 7:44 AM, Lego said:

I would've taken most clans on even ops against DI.  They had the levels on everyone and built up a rep, but once clans caught up to levels, they were an excellent clan, but not to the hype I heard about.  That being said, it's hard to live up to that hype and rep no matter how good you are.

giphy.gif

Editing so I have a question - what were your favourite memories of fights vs DI? 

Edited by Blogs
  • Haha 2

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

19 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Hey Lego,

Probably don't remember this story but I thought I'd share. Back in 2005, my homeworld was W64 and the reason I got involved in clanning was because I saw DF massing in edge one day while skilling. I ended up joining Phobia (jr clan of Fear) because Fear / DF were close rivals and I didn't have the reqs to join a top clan at that stage. When Phobia closed, I went on to make a clan called Blaze and we tried to emulate a lot of what DF was doing -- copying application process, rank structure, etc. As a teenager in 2006-2007 I thought DF were the coolest group of dudes.

You had a forum called "diplomacy" where clans could "declare war and ask for alliances", & I ended up going on the boards and asking if Blaze could become your jr clan. Haha, 90% of the members trolled the shit out of me -- but Ves was actually really nice about it and added me on MSN and we became buddies for a long time after that. I am certain it was you or Bunty who closed the topic and told me to kick rocks. 

It all worked out as I ended up ranked in EH -- but just thought I'd share that story.

What was it like being older and more mature than the majority of the clan world at that stage of the game? What were the advantages? What did you struggle with?

I don't remember that well, but I believe at the time we were more looking for clans we were friendly with and not so much "allies", but I apologize for coming off the way I did.  As far as being "older", we had a few members of DF that were older, Beevis was probably my age or over, and we had quite a few members in their mid 20's.  It gave me a unique ability to be the adult figure though, and there was already a respect that someone younger would have had to earn, so I feel there were advantages.  Of course, kids in other clans being immature, used that as a way to flame and make things up, but it is what it is.

7 hours ago, true said:

What is the most "NH" thing you did while leading DF?

We gained access to NI forums and left some not so nice things on their.  We had them almost closed and pking with 15-20 people and yeah, it wasn't the nicest thing.

7 hours ago, true said:

In terms of your RS persona, what athlete or figure character do you relate to?

My 2 favorite athletes are Derek Jeter and Kobe Bryant.  Jeter because of his professionalism, the fact that all he did was be great, win titles and you never once heard about him in the press for being out at clubs, drinking, doing bad shit.  Kobe well, just the mamba mentality of just working harder than everyone else and winning the mind games as well as the physical games.

6 hours ago, Krystal said:

You mentioned that you had been coaching sports before your time as DF Leader.  Do you still coach or lead in some capacity nowadays?

The closest thing I do to leading now is at work.  It seems no matter where I go, I end up a supervisor of something as leading is just in my blood I guess.  I have considered coaching soccer again, but it would take the right situation.  I started out coaching my sisters and eventually my son, so maybe one of my niece's or nephews once they hit the right age (I'm not really at the point I want to coach littler kids that can barely stand up on their own lol).

6 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you think the clan world can ever be as good again as it once was? 

I think it's doubtful, I think the clan world we played in was the golden age of clans and I will always refer to it as that.  It doesn't mean that people playing now don't feel differently and don't work as hard or fight as hard, etc.  I just think the personna's back then of not only clan leaders and officials, but the RSC/media type atmosphere that added to it, I just don't see it getting to that type of level again.

2 hours ago, true said:

Do you deem any promotions you made a mistake? If so, who?

Who are your favorite callers from DF?

I'm sure there were promotions that didn't work out as well as we'd have liked, but off the top of my head I can't think of any that were that disastrous that I'd point them out.

This is tough really.  Lil2 was a beast and my favorite type of leading when I was around was transitioning from one pile to the next and calling the clear/easy piles.  There were plenty of warlords who just saw the battlefield differently and called piles that I didn't naturally see right away.  Then there were a few that seemed to always call the person I could easily see and it just matched well.  It didn't mean it was like that for everyone, it's just what I saw.  During my time in DF we had so many good warlords and even ST's back when we had them that outside of that I'd just have a really long list of callers that I thought were pretty good, but I think Lil2 might have been my favorite because he also had a calm demeanor and commanded respect.  

2 hours ago, Blogs said:

giphy.gif

Editing so I have a question - what were your favourite memories of fights vs DI? 

The first mini war where DF beat DI in a matched ops fight, by just a few people when we were just a top 10, breaking the top 5 clan stands out.  Then of course the epic battles for #1 after DS closed will always stand out.  I also didn't mean any disrespect, I just felt that organization of DI wasn't the greatest.  It was good yes, but not great.  It could be that DI was so much higher in levels for so long, they didn't have to be the most organized because they were just bigger and better period.  For other clans all they worked on was organization and they had to do it to makeup for having less people and lower levels.  The clan world would have not been the same if DI didn't exist, or if Brian didn't exist, so I have full respect for DI and their place in history, but I'm just being honest about what I felt about their organization.  There's a dozen other things DI was fantastic at, that just wasn't the topic.

• Like 1

I've heard about the pizza incident; how many did they send? Just 1?

What advice would you give to some of the newer age clanners?

Good seeing you around Lego.

uRNt3ZR.png

Through action, a Man becomes a Hero

Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend

Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth

By learning from the Myth, a Man takes action

What do you think of the current iterations of RS (OSRS/RS3)?

Thoughts on the current state of the clan world?

What's your all-time (RS2 through present) clan ranking?

If you hadn't been in DF, which clans would you have thought about joining?

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

What are your thoughts on af/rot/df/eos? 

If you could have paused time right before real life obligations made you considerably busier, and just fucked around/done whatever on the game, what would you have done?

True had mentioned you giving him advice very early on was a positive influence on him and meaningful to him, seeing now that he's still been around so long and is doing rather well for himself in a clan world which is, to the say the least, not great, are you impressed/surprised with what he's accomplished, or is this something you expected to some degree? 

You've already mentioned the era in question was essentially the golden era, what do you think (apart from numbers) that era and the clans of that era had which were/are not present in other eras or the current era? 

Being younger there was obviously people in the clan world and pvp scene/game in general I looked up to, and I think that's the case for a lot of people who played when they were rather young. Being older than a lot of other people, did you find yourself essentially having some sort of role model/person you looked up to, whether they were younger or whatever?

Any big goals for 2021 apart from surviving this garbage pandemic?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

On 1/31/2021 at 11:17 PM, true said:

Who are some officials that you feel like would have been a great leader but never got a shot

I think Pickleman might have been a decent leader, he was intelligent and fair minded.  He was working his way up the ranks but he served during times where it was Death and then people that were more natural leaders.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:35 AM, Noble Inc said:

I've heard about the pizza incident; how many did they send? Just 1?

What advice would you give to some of the newer age clanners?

Good seeing you around Lego.

1. If I remember right it was 1 pizza a couple of times (2 to 3 times tops).

2. Try to maintain a balance of IRL>RS, but take the relationships you have with people seriously.  Here I am all these years later and the game was just a game, but I've met some amazing human beings along the way.

3. Good to see you as well mate.

On 2/1/2021 at 5:54 AM, Howl said:

What do you think of the current iterations of RS (OSRS/RS3)?

Thoughts on the current state of the clan world?

What's your all-time (RS2 through present) clan ranking?

If you hadn't been in DF, which clans would you have thought about joining?

1. I haven't really seen enough of the game today to answer this sorry.  I really logged back into discord to catch up with old friends.

2. I've heard that F2P isn't the greatest and something about box fighting or something but I haven't really seen it myself.

3. I'm not sure I'd be able to rank clans from when I played up until now as that wouldn't be fair to the clans doing their thing the last 10 years I have been away from the scene.  I'd think of it more along the lines of clans that will go down as shaping everything the clan world was for years.  For that I would throw many clans in there, DI/DS/DF/Corr/RSD/TT/EH/RoT.  

4. I looked at some of the bigger clans (like DI) but when I joined DF I wasn't at the combat level to join most of those clans who had higher reqs.  I was probably between 105-110 combat level when I joined DF, so that limited my options at the time.

• Like 2

If someone started a new clan today, what would be your advice to them?

If you started a new clan from scratch, what would the logo/colors/cape/mascot be?

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

Have you ever even slightly considered playing RS again?

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

On 2/1/2021 at 6:58 AM, Adam_ said:

What are your thoughts on af/rot/df/eos? 

If you could have paused time right before real life obligations made you considerably busier, and just fucked around/done whatever on the game, what would you have done?

True had mentioned you giving him advice very early on was a positive influence on him and meaningful to him, seeing now that he's still been around so long and is doing rather well for himself in a clan world which is, to the say the least, not great, are you impressed/surprised with what he's accomplished, or is this something you expected to some degree? 

You've already mentioned the era in question was essentially the golden era, what do you think (apart from numbers) that era and the clans of that era had which were/are not present in other eras or the current era? 

Being younger there was obviously people in the clan world and pvp scene/game in general I looked up to, and I think that's the case for a lot of people who played when they were rather young. Being older than a lot of other people, did you find yourself essentially having some sort of role model/person you looked up to, whether they were younger or whatever?

Any big goals for 2021 apart from surviving this garbage pandemic?

1. As clans or?  

2. I don't think I'd have done or changed anything.  I have no real regrets overall, yes I wish we didn't get into some of the longer fights, but it wasn't like it was just us or just my call.  I feel like those who know me well enough, I left with some sort of decent reputation and some small mark on the clan world while I was there.  I wouldn't have thrown that way to go do something different.

3. I'm honored that he looked up to me and proud that he's still doing things that started there.  I'm also proud of Murray and the guys who keep DF what it is today.  I can't say I expected it because expectations like that are bad.  I won't say impressed because that would indicate I didn't think he was capable.  I'm proud and happy to have been even the slightest of influences on him.

4. I think during that era we policed ourselves pretty well, and came up with a set of standards for what fights were all about.  I think that probably started with DI and then later on we all kind of set standards for gear, rules, what was this or that and I think that worked well up until VR.

5. I don't think I ever modelled myself after anyone.  I've always just tried to be true to me.  Even if I tried to do something outside of that, it would have felt weird or forced or even wrong.  I think most people are very similar in game and out of game.  People will say "it's just a game" but I would bet money that the people who do NH shit in game, also don't care much for rules outside of the game.  People who are respectful in game, are usually the same outside.  It's not terribly different from sports to the point that competition is not character building, it's character exposing.  There are more caveats to that but I'm  not ready to write a book yet.

6. Since I've opened up a bit personally here I'll answer this truthfully.  I'm 2.5 years out from my marriage and still kind of finding my footing again.  There are days I'm still not myself and not okay and sitting around most of the time hasn't helped that.  I hope to just continue to get better and get over things that happened and forgive people who will never apologize for what they did.  The hardest apology to accept is the one you never get.  As I feel better and get back to normal as a person I feel the rest will happen as it should.  I also have a close family member dealing with stage 4 cancer and that's an immediate thing that I deal with daily.  So right now, no far off future plans, just get better every day and take each day as it comes.  Thank you for this question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1