Lego - AMA

Lego

Hey Rick!

I used to always hate you due to the beef between our clans for years despite not even knowing you. Shocking how when we both retired and actually started talking in my short time in DF and we'd play hours upon hours of League and seen you were actually a stand up guy and we became close. Makes me regret how I acted when I first came into the clanning scene. I hope everything is going good for you man!

• Like 1
  • heart 1

w4jJL.png

17 hours ago, Krystal said:

Not sure why I would've been selling rune because with all the PKRIs I went to in EH, I was always buying rune LOL.  And omg Ves.  I asked on a previous DF AMA if Ves was just high 24/7 back then, but they CLAIMED he wasn't.  I'm still unsure LOL.  ? 

So I joined DF at 17, and I had just started smoking a lot, due to family shit, not the point, I'd get stoned then get on TS and hang out with Ves. He started learning when I was high and when I wasn't and he'd start calling me out on it in front of everyone and make fun of me a lot for it lol. It actually kind of took me by surprise when he started smoking, but that wasn't until around 09/10 when he started going inactive and ended up (rumer) selling his computer for money to buy weed lol.

• Haha 1

DF 11/7/06 - 12/31/16

ahri sig.png

17 hours ago, Krystal said:

Not sure why I would've been selling rune because with all the PKRIs I went to in EH, I was always buying rune LOL.  And omg Ves.  I asked on a previous DF AMA if Ves was just high 24/7 back then, but they CLAIMED he wasn't.  I'm still unsure LOL.  ? That guy was crazy, but he was a good friend of mine.  I became a special guest on DF forums and attended karaoke nights with y'all because of him. ❤️ I still remember his voice saying "PEEEEQUUUU PEQUPEQUPEQUPEQU" Like. He's just not someone I could ever forget. No one seems to have any contact with him; I wonder how he's doing these days lol.

Also. Can I just say how much it warms my heart to see you & Rob making amends? Omg. ❤️ 

Speaking of friendships. I know what question I could ask (hopefully a better one than my last one, argh)! EH & DF got to be pretty good buddies and did events together, anti-crash for each other, etc. Did you ever wonder about forming an official alliance with EH? Also, gonna drop my little DF+EH deathmarch vid I made back then because it reminds me of the good times!

Hmm, maybe you just made something for me or something else then lol.  I thought it was rune but it could have been something else for sure.  Your take on Ves is much the same as we all had, he was just a fun kid that everyone loved about 90% of the time.  Some people have reached out to him he just hasn't been interested in being around.  I have him on FB but he isn't all that active there either.  

It feels nice to make amends with Rob as well.  Many years have past and there are really no grudges.  I knew I always had some respect for him but I wasn't really aware he felt the same until I read his AMA.  It's funny how things turn out, but I'm glad.  I really think we were both just doing what we had to do for our own clans and we butted heads as rivals, it really wasn't personal and now we both know that for sure.

As for the EH/DF relationship, I enjoyed it and it was definitely nice to have a clan we could fight and not have drama with after.  I think by that time in the clan world there weren't really alliances anymore, just clans who were either friendly, neutral or rivals.  If there were alliances still, I think we would have at least been open to it for sure.  I also think it's almost like relationships nowadays, you can be together without being married and have the same type of forever relationship.  I think we were basically allied, just not in an alliance if that makes sense.  If either clan was ever in trouble we'd have massed for each other and we had our share of fun events, so to me it was as close as the clan world had to an alliance in those days.  My opinion is people stopped having official alliances because the outside clan world would take that as a sign of weakness or make fun, or whatever we used to all do to each other.

• heart 1

19 hours ago, Harmr said:

Back when you where leader of DF i was active in the GMT timezone. first i was in RDC, after RDC closed i joined TRWF.

What are your memories about the GMT clan scene (and RDC/TRWF)

I don't remember a ton about RDC other than maybe a short run in or 2 in GMT pking times.  I remember TRWF well and I had a lot of respect for them.  I enjoyed fighting them and they were one of my favorite GMT based clans.

11 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What are some of your favorite memories on the game?

Who are some people you've lost touch with that you'd like to hear from again?

What is one thing you hope people remember you for?

Did you enjoy other aspects of the game you played? What was some of the other game content you liked?

My favorite memories of the game were probably more outside of the game.  DF had one of if not the most active Teamspeak and we'd all just hang out in there talking and it was good times.  If I really had to pick in game it would have been at the ends of each of our official wars because the hype and build up for those is second to none.

Just today I spoke with one of them, Seek Destro0 was a good friend of mine going up through the ranks.  I've been catching up with many DF but there are certainly others I'd love to hear from again.  Carolina4eva, STOD, Schol, Pickleman, Ves, Lil2, Ballinboy, the list goes on really.

I would hope people remember me for just doing the best I could to lead one of the top clans in the golden era of clans and help push us to reach our potential.  People I actually served in DF with I hope just remember me for being a caring and good person.  I'm sure some people will still focus on some of the more controversial things and that's okay too, I could care less about people who still dwell on nonsense and are still too immature to realize how much of it was untrue.

I actually did like skilling, I was a bit of a nerd in that.  There was a time I was in like the top 50 or 100 in fletching xp and that was my claim to fame for awhile lol.  I also liked other content like KQ, barrows, etc.

10 hours ago, Pietru said:

I seen through the AMA that you and your son were in the same clan?

What kind of feeling is it? I think I'd feel a bit awkward for me but maybe it's a bit different for you seeing that you experienced that kind of thing.

Yes, the first smaller clan I was in, he was also in.  It was the entire reason I started playing RS, so it was perfect.  He would be at my house half the time then when he was at his mom's it gave us something to do together, so there was no awkwardness. 

10 hours ago, true said:

Have you always been a gamer? Or did you get into it with RS?

Yes.  I grew up on console games mostly, then played some other PC games.  I've spent time playing Halo, CS, WoW and a few others.  I still actively play LoL and Rust.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian said:

Alex Dawg used always claim he knew you IRL, any truth in that?

None at all, he had to have been trolling.  

5 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Dam hey Rick, been a very long time.

Tyler!  ❤️

4 hours ago, Empire Mind said:

Hey Rick!

I used to always hate you due to the beef between our clans for years despite not even knowing you. Shocking how when we both retired and actually started talking in my short time in DF and we'd play hours upon hours of League and seen you were actually a stand up guy and we became close. Makes me regret how I acted when I first came into the clanning scene. I hope everything is going good for you man!

It's easy to get caught up in the game and in the drama/rivalries.  I've received a lot of messages after I retired of people apologizing for things they had said or thought about me.  I'm sure I came across as something else when I was standing up/defending my clan and people I cared about and I'm okay with that.  I know some of those clans made up some nice stories about me that circulated and people just believed.  It is what it is, I could never control that.  I enjoyed talking and getting to know you after, I'm pretty sure anyone who actually took the time to get to know me knows I'm a decent person with too big a heart (which also is part of what got me in trouble many times).  My issue is that I'm overly passionate sometimes and it comes across in ways I don't really intend it to.  Just goes to show how accurate the saying "believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear" is.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What is the biggest regret of your clanning career/time on RS?

Stooping to VR's level and getting into a crash war with them.  Granted I'm not positive what else we could have done, but it was wrong.  That and allowing us to fight for too many hours and burning everyone out.  I know all clans were doing it but I hate my part in it.

1 hour ago, true said:

What is your favorite food?

Papusas (an El Salvadoran food).  Look it up and if you ever get a chance to try some, I highly recommend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam said:

which DF official would you most want to grab a beer with irl and why

Well, I've already agreed to do this with Bunty being we're both on the west coast, but there are others I'd love to grab a beer with for sure.

Hey Lego,

Probably don't remember this story but I thought I'd share. Back in 2005, my homeworld was W64 and the reason I got involved in clanning was because I saw DF massing in edge one day while skilling. I ended up joining Phobia (jr clan of Fear) because Fear / DF were close rivals and I didn't have the reqs to join a top clan at that stage. When Phobia closed, I went on to make a clan called Blaze and we tried to emulate a lot of what DF was doing -- copying application process, rank structure, etc. As a teenager in 2006-2007 I thought DF were the coolest group of dudes.

You had a forum called "diplomacy" where clans could "declare war and ask for alliances", & I ended up going on the boards and asking if Blaze could become your jr clan. Haha, 90% of the members trolled the shit out of me -- but Ves was actually really nice about it and added me on MSN and we became buddies for a long time after that. I am certain it was you or Bunty who closed the topic and told me to kick rocks. 

It all worked out as I ended up ranked in EH -- but just thought I'd share that story.

What was it like being older and more mature than the majority of the clan world at that stage of the game? What were the advantages? What did you struggle with?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png