Lego - AMA

Lego

Did you look up to any clanners? If so, who?

Did people you know IRL know about Lego/DF etc.?

Did you son ever want to join/associate with DF?

What skills did you learn on RS that you took to the real world?

aUBwTQ1.png

Are you happy with what you know of DF today? 

Were you surprised coming back to see that DF was still around? Or any other clans? Or the game in general?

Are there any clans you would've liked to have been part of back when?

Most overrated clan you ever dealt with?

Best/worst clan officials you dealt with from other clans, and DF?

Working your way up through the ranks like you did, and doing all you did for DF, why did you decide to retire? And have you thought about coming back? What would it take for you to come back?

Do you feel there are still parts of the DF culture/community present today that you helped shape?

• Like 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

34 minutes ago, david said:

thanks for doing this, how did you get the name lego#s

My full RS name was Legolas86880, the Legolas after LOTR.

49 minutes ago, Victor said:

you're a legend.

welcome back

Meh I'm just a regular guy who happened to be in the clan world at the right time with the right people, but I appreciate the love.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, true said:

Did you look up to any clanners? If so, who?

Did people you know IRL know about Lego/DF etc.?

Did you son ever want to join/associate with DF?

What skills did you learn on RS that you took to the real world?

1. When I first joined DF I knew nothing about RSC and had only really heard about DI so not at first.  

2. A few people knew I played, not really all of the details because explaining all of that would be impossible.  When Kim and I got married most people knew how we met.  At that point in time tons of relationships were starting online so it was no big deal.

3. Not really, and to be honest with the IRL things that I experienced, I probably would have discouraged it.  Instead he kept his head in school and is about to finish his Master's this year.

4.  I think it was the other way around.  I brought my coaching skills to DF.  I'd like to say I learned to disregard the hate and the personal shit but it took me awhile after to get there.

23 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Are you happy with what you know of DF today? 

Were you surprised coming back to see that DF was still around? Or any other clans? Or the game in general?

Are there any clans you would've liked to have been part of back when?

Most overrated clan you ever dealt with?

Best/worst clan officials you dealt with from other clans, and DF?

Working your way up through the ranks like you did, and doing all you did for DF, why did you decide to retire? And have you thought about coming back? What would it take for you to come back?

Do you feel there are still parts of the DF culture/community present today that you helped shape?

1. I honestly don't know enough about today's DF, but I admire the fact that it is still around, and have love for the people keeping it together.  It's more than I could've done for this long.

2. I wasn't surprised but mostly because I've talked with Murray (we're FB friends) and knew DF was still a clan.  I had planned to come back and visit them in discord months ago, but in all honesty I wasn't ready.  The personal life stuff for the last couple of years has been rough and I needed to work up to being around anyone that reminded me of certain things.

3. This might get me into some trouble but I'd honestly say DI.  With all due respect, they are one of the most important clans if not the most important clan to have existed, but for all of their luster and experience, I would've taken most clans on even ops against DI.  They had the levels on everyone and built up a rep, but once clans caught up to levels, they were an excellent clan, but not to the hype I heard about.  That being said, it's hard to live up to that hype and rep no matter how good you are.

4. Every clan had good officials to deal with and more difficult to deal with.  There were times I respected then hated Rob, same with most others.  I got along with most VR officials in the beginning, then I didn't.  All these years later and I respect all of them with maybe the exception of a few of the VR officials. Who knows, maybe talking to them now I'd feel differently.

5. I decided to retire because I didn't have the fire anymore to keep doing it and it wouldn't have been fair to stick around.  Kim had moved to Cali and we had life to live outside of the internet.  Honestly it was just time and I was burnt out.  The clan world wasn't what it used to be, fights were too long and the crashing was just stupid.

6. I would have to see the culture and community more before I could say that.  It would be cool if there were some parts still present but I also hope they have their own identity and make their own marks, which I'm sure they are doing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kim said:

ever pure clanned? if so, what clans and what were your experiences with them? If not, what are your opinions on them? 

I've never pure clanned or even really thought about making a pure.  I had the 1 character and worked to skill everything up.  I had some friends make pures and they make for some nice ko's and pk vids.  I think those who invest time in it and have fun with it is great.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lego said:

While I'm multiple quoting some of these, this one deserves its own response lol.  Hey Rob.  I remember you well, conversations we had and the battles.  I read your response about me on your AMA and I respect that and no need to apologize.  We had some decent, respectful conversations and then we've had some others and I get it, we were both trying to do the best thing for our clan and I think we both did that.  I may have outwardly disliked you during those times, but I always had respect for you.  My only complaint was what you already addressed and that was allowing the members to take things to IRL, but it's all water under the bridge now and I hold no hard feelings.

My drive to get DF to the top was really just due to the members that wanted that top spot.  I'd have been just as happy leading a top 50 clan with some great people and stay out of the spotlight but the drive DF members had to continue to improve and get better was the driving force.  Before I became ranked in DF what I respected the most was their willingness to fight anyone at any time, even if it meant losing and learning.  A lot of top clans at the time would pick safe fights so they wouldn't hurt their rep.  Death pushed DF to fight anyone who would, and I respected that.  I guess you could also say that a huge driving force was that after leading a clan that was lead by Death240 and Bunty, I didn't want to let that legacy down.  

I hope you are well mate!

Appreciate this response mate. I am well, hope you're going well also.

Yeah I definitely turned a blind eye in the end to things in relation to you that I wouldn't have allowed against anyone else. Was petty as fuck to say the least and not right.

7 minutes ago, Robtokill said:

Appreciate this response mate. I am well, hope you're going well also.

Yeah I definitely turned a blind eye in the end to things in relation to you that I wouldn't have allowed against anyone else. Was petty as fuck to say the least and not right.

It takes a bigger man to admit their mistakes.  I stand by the fact that despite that issue, I always had respect for you.  It's good to see we've all grown up (okay I was already grown but you get it) and realize that we all did some shit we'd take back,  Our clans rivalry was one of the very best in RS history and our names will always be linked, and I'm honored to have been a part of it all.  

• Like 1
  • heart 1

Back when you where leader of DF i was active in the GMT timezone. first i was in RDC, after RDC closed i joined TRWF.

What are your memories about the GMT clan scene (and RDC/TRWF)

Posted Image

7 hours ago, Lego said:

Of course I remember you.  I'm glad to hear you are doing well and in a good place!  Thank you for the kind words, I'm sorry you went through that as well, it's a tough thing to deal with and nothing you can do to help them really.

I seem to remember buying rune from you and Ves basically worshipped you lol.  And Eowyn ❤️.  Yeah, LOTR was everything back then, I had to range in every game I played because Legolas was a beast.  

Not sure why I would've been selling rune because with all the PKRIs I went to in EH, I was always buying rune LOL.  And omg Ves.  I asked on a previous DF AMA if Ves was just high 24/7 back then, but they CLAIMED he wasn't.  I'm still unsure LOL.  ? That guy was crazy, but he was a good friend of mine.  I became a special guest on DF forums and attended karaoke nights with y'all because of him. ❤️ I still remember his voice saying "PEEEEQUUUU PEQUPEQUPEQUPEQU" Like. He's just not someone I could ever forget. No one seems to have any contact with him; I wonder how he's doing these days lol.

Also. Can I just say how much it warms my heart to see you & Rob making amends? Omg. ❤️ 

Speaking of friendships. I know what question I could ask (hopefully a better one than my last one, argh)! EH & DF got to be pretty good buddies and did events together, anti-crash for each other, etc. Did you ever wonder about forming an official alliance with EH? Also, gonna drop my little DF+EH deathmarch vid I made back then because it reminds me of the good times!

Edited by Krystal

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

What are some of your favorite memories on the game?

Who are some people you've lost touch with that you'd like to hear from again?

What is one thing you hope people remember you for?

Did you enjoy other aspects of the game you played? What was some of the other game content you liked?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

I seen through the AMA that you and your son were in the same clan?

What kind of feeling is it? I think I'd feel a bit awkward for me but maybe it's a bit different for you seeing that you experienced that kind of thing.

Edited by Pietru

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png