Are you getting vaccinated for Covid?

oob

Are you getting vaccinated for Covid?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

It's your choice. Whether you want too or not the decision should be yours to make. 

Certain vaccines also depend on if you're allergic as well.

End of the day no one should be attacked or shamed for leaning either way. 

Yea sure it's a persons choice not to take it but on what grounds would someone not take it? Yea there was some side effects for people with certain allergies but those aren't going to kill you. COVID can kill you/others though.

• Like 3

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Atvdinner said:

Nope. 

I was kicked out of work because  I came in contact with someone who tested positive after he was vaccinated. 

I won't because  it offeres nothing. I'll still have to wear a mask and social distance. Things arnt going to open. I won't get it for the same reason I don't get the flu shot. It's not effective. Period. 

My body my choice, right? 

If anecdotes work as "proof" that something does or doesn't work, then let me chime in with my own:  I've been taking the flu shot every year because it's provided for me for free from working in healthcare. So I don't really see the harm in having it.  My husband has caught the flu a few times over the years because he hates shots and is stubborn about getting the shot.  Meanwhile, I have NEVER caught the flu from him.  Therefore, from my own perspective, the flu shot is effective since I've evaded it despite living with someone who has caught it a couple times. It should be noted that there are many strains of the flu; however, and the shot is (from my understanding - I could be wrong) only targeted for what they believe will be the ones that you are most likely to catch that season.  So yeah, it doesn't protect from *all* strains, but to say it's not effective at all is false.  

• Like 4

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

2 hours ago, Atvdinner said:

I won't because  it offeres nothing. I'll still have to wear a mask and social distance. Things arnt going to open. I won't get it for the same reason I don't get the flu shot. It's not effective. Period. 

666E4326-3B3F-471D-9704-EB803EED899C.gif.f18eb326012958b27da72e1c4cf9f3d9.gif

• Haha 1

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

23 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yea sure it's a persons choice not to take it but on what grounds would someone not take it? Yea there was some side effects for people with certain allergies but those aren't going to kill you. COVID can kill you/others though.

People could also feel it's been rushed and want further studies done. Some may feel it's not necessary.

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

1 minute ago, Vanzant said:

People could also feel it's been rushed and want further studies done. Some may feel it's not necessary.

Why would these people believe further studies when they don’t believe the science in the first place? Sounds like these people are just waiting around to hear what they want to hear.

• Like 1

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

2 hours ago, Wee Man said:

They should definitely be shamed for leaning towards no if the reason for doing so is stupid.

There isn't a human in existence who hasnt done something for a stupid reason. So no its not right to shame them. 

Have to take into consideration globally how for the most part this situation hasn't been handled well. Social media giving so many different views and with thr virus having such a high survival rate. 

If people were dying at say 50% who contract the virus I don't think there would be much discussion at all.

Edited by Vanzant

iDPoiRL.png

2 minutes ago, Dickus said:

Why would these people believe further studies when they don’t believe the science in the first place? Sounds like these people are just waiting around to hear what they want to hear.

You are aware people who want the vaccine also fall into this category yes? I know 3 people at work personally who want it but hoping for more studies. One is pregnant and close to maternity leave.

Edited by Vanzant

iDPoiRL.png

1 minute ago, Vanzant said:

There isn't a human in existence who has done something for a stupid reason. So no its not right to shame them. 

Have to take into consideration globally how for the most part this situation hasn't been handled well. Social media giving so many different views and with thr virus having such a high survival rate. 

If people were dying at say 50% who contract the virus I don't think there would be much discussion at all.

Ye wouldn’t be much discussion because society would’ve collapsed LMFAO

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

Just now, Dickus said:

Ye wouldn’t be much discussion because society would’ve collapsed LMFAO

Lol I'm just saying. Borders would have closed long time ago and maybe China nuked who knows lol

iDPoiRL.png

8 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

It's your choice. Whether you want too or not the decision should be yours to make. 

Certain vaccines also depend on if you're allergic as well.

End of the day no one should be attacked or shamed for leaning either way. 

Sure you have a choice but if you don't know anything about the subject especially something complicated like this then you should heavily lean towards whatever the experts say. I'd like to point out that this does not include any newspapers or news/social media. In my opinion it's pointless to listen to the media about these types of issues. At least if you are trying to find high quality information. Journalists even from the ones that are established simply don't know enough about this subject to properly report on Covid. Many stories are very poor summaries of research papers, sometimes the papers aren't even peer reviewed which means you should take them with a grain of salt.

The only reason to not getting vaccinated right now, at this very moment in my opinion, would be to say that you don't think there's been enough research to determine how effective the vaccines are and all their after effects. Most vaccines and their research so far has been ass. Either because it's done by the supplier itself (directly by their own research teams or indirectly by massively sponsoring an external team), which obviously creates biases, or because not enough times has passed and because the right questions aren't being asked / answered. Proper research takes time, patients don't just magically appear and you can't simply determine how a vaccine reacts in 30-60 days (and longer) if you've only started mass vaccinating people a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think shaming is the right way to do anything but like most complicated issues if you don't know any real details about a subject it's in your best interest to listen to those that do (ie. actual doctors and researchers). Not me and not Wee Man. @Wee Man Your behavior here is sad to see I thought you were more than this. I'd like to see you stop just laughing at peoples opinions and either ask them why they think that or don't say anything at all. Being most toxic is not a reward you should aspire to get.

2 hours ago, Atvdinner said:

Nope. 

I was kicked out of work because  I came in contact with someone who tested positive after he was vaccinated. 

A vaccine never 100% protects against a disease, the question is how bad was your colleagues case? If he was hospitalized then fair your fear is more justified. What a vaccine does is it basically boosts your immune system to better control any invading virus. Sometimes the viral load is so high that your own immune systems still can't fight of the virus before you get sick however you'll be far less likely to get seriously ill by it. It's sad that you couldn't go to work because of that. How has that effected you, have you been able to go back yet?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

3 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

Who would've thought the downfall of tempest was a covid vaccination discussion :jim:

I'm always open to hearing other people's perspectives as long as their reasoning makes sense.  Like I can understand why people are nervous about jumping into getting a vaccine that was put out pretty quickly.  And I can understand why someone like your pregnant co-worker or people with underlying conditions would be hesitant as well.  These are valid reasons imo.  I do get frustrated with people who are just anti-vax in general though.  They *do* work.  Hello polio? Where you at, boo? Oh right. We got that shit on lock because of vaccinations.  *shrug*

• Like 1

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

15 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

There isn't a human in existence who has done something for a stupid reason. So no its not right to shame them. 

Ah yes of course. Social media opinions. 

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man