Are you getting vaccinated for Covid?

oob

Are you getting vaccinated for Covid?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, Lander said:

Its crazy how ppl in panic are willing to take vaccine that is rushed.

Ppl please do some research about vaccines rushed in hurry. Its scary

I don't blame someone for being cautious about taking a vaccine that has been produced this quickly. However, that argument flies out the window when millions of people have already taken the vaccine with little/no downside, particularly when compared to the effects of covid.

I don't see myself changing your mind, but I hope you understand that taking the vaccine is about protecting people who are at risk (and those who cannot take the vaccine due to health issues) as much as it is about protecting yourself. If you're worried about one vaccine over another, do your research and talk to your pharmacist. See what options are available.

I believe that once bars, restaurants, gyms, etc. begin requiring the vaccine to enter without a mask, everyone will cave and take it, regardless of how they currently feel about it.

• Like 3

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

Here are some more resources on the mRNA vaccine. I really don't know where people are getting information saying that there are problems with it. Please list sources so I can read up on them as well.

The moderna mRNA vaccine showed 94.1% efficacy at preventing Covid-19 illness, including severe disease. Aside from transient local and systemic reactions, no safety concerns were identified. The Pfizer mRNA vaccine conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33301246/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33378609/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I don't blame someone for being cautious about taking a vaccine that has been produced this quickly. However, that argument flies out the window when millions of people have already taken the vaccine with little/no downside, particularly when compared to the effects of covid.

I don't see myself changing your mind, but I hope you understand that taking the vaccine is about protecting people who are at risk (and those who cannot take the vaccine due to health issues) as much as it is about protecting yourself. If you're worried about one vaccine over another, do your research and talk to your pharmacist. See what options are available.

I believe that once bars, restaurants, gyms, etc. begin requiring the vaccine to enter without a mask, everyone will cave and take it, regardless of how they currently feel about it.

I don't really see requiring the vaccine to enter an establishment to be feasible at this point. They gonna make you carry around your shot records? I think you open up some serious privacy issues here. 

The microchip theory I see is the funniest thing. Most people carry their phone with them everywhere. They already have a microchip to track you with.

I will get the vaccine when it's convenient and readily available. Not going to go out of my way to do it. There are people who need it more than me. In the meantime I refuse to live my life in fear of covid. We are all going to die sometime and while it's natural to want to postpone that for as long as possible I won't miss out on living the time I have. 

I can understand why some are skeptical of the vaccine. People see new technology and it scares them. While mRNA vaccines have been in development for a while we haven't seen them used in such a high profile way.   I think as time progresses and we see how quickly mRNA vaccines can be developed as well as how effective they are people will become more accepting of them. 

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

6 hours ago, Vanzant said:

I meant as in the trials and time to create. Not the production afterwards.

Yes I am aware of how large a study they did in that 3 months of testing.

No. Trials weren't rushed.

There are three trials that are required for the approval of a medicine by all regulatory bodies (FDA, EMA, MHRA etc.) and each trial is designed in partnership with a regulatory body. For Infectious diseases, an MIT study of 406,038 clinical trials between 2000 and 2015 found that there's an attrition rate of 25.2% which is not significantly different to the attrition rate of Covid vaccines that have entered phase 1 through to approval.

Phase 1 - Typically looks at toxicology and dosage

Phase 2 - Typical looks whether the vaccine can elicit an immune response, as well as side effects

Phase 3 - Typically looks at natural infection, as well as any additional side effects in a larger population (more heterogeneous). 

Clinical trials are often very hard to recruit for, and this is one reason drug discovery takes so long. In the case of Covid-19, this was not the case and clinical trials were over subscribed within days.

From the numbers in the MIT paper, you can imagine regulators are typically a bottle neck. There are hundreds of Pharma & Bio-Pharma companies typing to design and coordinate studies with a single regulatory body. As a result, there's often long delays between studies and regulators don't have the capacity to run more trials simultaneously as they're involved with each throughout; You basically have to queue up for each phase.  With Covid it was prioritised by the EMA and FDA, meaning you were at the front of the queue for the next trial and didn't have long lag periods between.

Additionally, Pharma companies were risking a lot of capital by planning, designing and recruiting for the next phase trial before the results of the first trial were known, and then making any modifications and adjustments to the next study based on the outputs of the previous study when known.  Studies are science led and data driven. There is no one-size fits all blueprint in drug development.  Finally, Pharma companies were producing large quantities of the vaccine whilst the studies were ongoing so in the event of approval there is stock to immediately distribute. Capital was being risked because all of that would be thrown away should a drug fail as seen with Merck

By everyone (Regulators, Pharmaceutical Companies, General Public, Governments) having the same prioritised goal and doing steps simultaneously rather than sequentially it's possible to shave a huge amount of time off the clinical process without risking safety. 

If you want to have an educated data-driven conversation then I'm happy to entertain you, but so far you've produced nothing of substance.  No matter how often you repeat what you read on qanon's website doesn't make it become true.  I've worked as a CRA in clinical studies and hold a postgraduate with a focus on Immunology. I'm all for trolling runescape battles, but there's a line when baseless trolling has dangerous implications on peoples health.

• Like 2
  • bank 2

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

No. Trials weren't rushed.

There are three trials that are required for the approval of a medicine by all regulatory bodies (FDA, EMA, MHRA etc.) and each trial is designed in partnership with a regulatory body. For Infectious diseases, an MIT study of 406,038 clinical trials between 2000 and 2015 found that there's an attrition rate of 25.2% which is not significantly different to the attrition rate of Covid vaccines that have entered phase 1 through to approval.

Phase 1 - Typically looks at toxicology and dosage

Phase 2 - Typical looks whether the vaccine can elicit an immune response, as well as side effects

Phase 3 - Typically looks at natural infection, as well as any additional side effects in a larger population (more heterogeneous). 

Clinical trials are often very hard to recruit for, and this is one reason drug discovery takes so long. In the case of Covid-19, this was not the case and clinical trials were over subscribed within days.

From the numbers in the MIT paper, you can imagine regulators are typically a bottle neck. There are hundreds of Pharma & Bio-Pharma companies typing to design and coordinate studies with a single regulatory body. As a result, there's often long delays between studies and regulators don't have the capacity to run more trials simultaneously as they're involved with each throughout; You basically have to queue up for each phase.  With Covid it was prioritised by the EMA and FDA, meaning you were at the front of the queue for the next trial and didn't have long lag periods between.

Additionally, Pharma companies were risking a lot of capital by planning, designing and recruiting for the next phase trial before the results of the first trial were known, and then making any modifications and adjustments to the next study based on the outputs of the previous study when known.  Studies are science led and data driven. There is no one-size fits all blueprint in drug development.  Finally, Pharma companies were producing large quantities of the vaccine whilst the studies were ongoing so in the event of approval there is stock to immediately distribute. Capital was being risked because all of that would be thrown away should a drug fail as seen with Merck

By everyone (Regulators, Pharmaceutical Companies, General Public, Governments) having the same prioritised goal and doing steps simultaneously rather than sequentially it's possible to shave a huge amount of time off the clinical process without risking safety. 

If you want to have an educated data-driven conversation then I'm happy to entertain you, but so far you've produced nothing of substance.  No matter how often you repeat what you read on qanon's website doesn't make it become true.  I've worked as a CRA in clinical studies and hold a postgraduate with a focus on Immunology. I'm all for trolling runescape battles, but there's a line when baseless trolling has dangerous implications on peoples health.

I dont know what qanon is and I'm stating reasons people have for not taking it. I have not listed my reason for taking or not taking the vaccine:p

If you read all the way back you would see thats where this started. Brian asked why people wouldn't. I never said these were my reasons lol. Why is why I said I was aware of the trials. I know they had a quite large sample size at the time.

Edited by Vanzant

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

1 hour ago, dnd5 said:

I don't really see requiring the vaccine to enter an establishment to be feasible at this point. They gonna make you carry around your shot records? I think you open up some serious privacy issues here. 

Without being able to comment on the US, the school of thought in Europe is that if vaccines are shown to reduce community transmission (which initial results from Israel indicate, but it'll take time for data to be peer-reviewed) then it is much more likely that there will and can be imposed restrictions based on whether you have been vaccinated or not. Of course this is extremely unlikely to happen in the short term, and wouldn't even be contemplated until everyone has at least had access to the vaccine.

The rational is relatively straight forward as viruses constantly mutate, and allowing unvaccinated people to spread the disease increases the risk for a mutation that can possibly negate the effects of a vaccine putting everyone back at square one.  Very tangibly, it's like telling someone they can't smoke inside a bar because they're harming everyone around them, people who don't want to be harmed. 

Again, that's just the school of thought by some senior people in medical ethics. There will almost certainly be court cases at the highest level in each country, but it'll be interesting to follow and likely that there will be a lot of different outcomes in different countries. 

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

Good to see these people going up against the anti Christian evil ones that are pushing this on Us. This is ALL about population control.

• heart 1

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

the3amigos.png

3fc45b0fb59abd6ee943ef1689b73b.png

People who say vaccine developments are rushed tend to have absolutely zero background knowledge on medicinal development. 

I literally know sceptics who don't trust it yet are happy to shove powders up their nose every weekend

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tomisme said:

People who say vaccine developments are rushed tend to have absolutely zero background knowledge on medicinal development. 

I literally know sceptics who don't trust it yet are happy to shove powders up their nose every weekend

Lmfao fucking there he is @Tomisme

To this:

Yer my gf, most of her fam and my mum have had it. I'll be getting it and anyone who doesn't is a silly fool

Edited by JayJay
  • Like 1

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Without being able to comment on the US, the school of thought in Europe is that if vaccines are shown to reduce community transmission (which initial results from Israel indicate, but it'll take time for data to be peer-reviewed) then it is much more likely that there will and can be imposed restrictions based on whether you have been vaccinated or not. Of course this is extremely unlikely to happen in the short term, and wouldn't even be contemplated until everyone has at least had access to the vaccine.

The rational is relatively straight forward as viruses constantly mutate, and allowing unvaccinated people to spread the disease increases the risk for a mutation that can possibly negate the effects of a vaccine putting everyone back at square one.  Very tangibly, it's like telling someone they can't smoke inside a bar because they're harming everyone around them, people who don't want to be harmed. 

Again, that's just the school of thought by some senior people in medical ethics. There will almost certainly be court cases at the highest level in each country, but it'll be interesting to follow and likely that there will be a lot of different outcomes in different countries. 

I'm sure it will be required in schools here in the US because that's pretty standard, but to require it everywhere would be much more difficult to enforce. Even if it's required there are exemptions from vaccines based on medical, religious or other reasons that vary state by state. It will for sure be interesting to watch. 

• Like 1

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

9 hours ago, dnd5 said:

I would guess in the US it will vary wildly by state, city, etc.

I don't see shot records as much of a privacy issue given that you get a vaccination card with date, etc. It's something that will almost definitely be required at some point in order to fly/travel and doesn't step much outside information already required. That alone will likely push the vast majority of people to get vaccinated.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

Im still unsure about it. I would like to wait a solid 6 months to see what are some long term affects people are having. But I more then likely will.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, True 2k8 said:

I'm not actually a crazy person ?.

1 hour ago, Clark Kent said:

Im still unsure about it. I would like to wait a solid 6 months to see what are some long term affects people are having. But I more then likely will.

Lol 6 months isn't long term

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council