What are your thoughts on teams sharing members with each other?

Scleritis

As far as I know vr is a clan?

This has been going on for a good 12 years or so. There were times I believe with se and tko which were different.

A big part is some people love to war as much as possible and a big part of teams was that aspect.

I've never had a problem with it. I do prefer clan vs clan battles compared to fighting teams personally.

I do value it a bit different in their achievements. Se vs tko was a battle of some solid f2p cwa teams though.

Edited by Vanzant
  • Like 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode? 

I think teams are an outdated concept. I remember when I was so in so many different teams as well as a country clan + DI I needed a calender to remember when all my fights were, especially since I was a caller/warlord for almost all of them so I needed to not overlap my own fights. There were enough people to fight other clans and still have 35v35/40v40 with/without shareds and even other teams. Can two teams fight eachother now? No. Teams were great in the CWA era of the game where Wild was dead because people wanted to fight eachother, not clear a deathdot of Adamant wearing ROT for an hour. You absolutely had to be in one or even more teams to be good at CWA imo, because if you didn't join teams you were behind, both as a warrer and as a caller. All the best CWA fought multiple times a week. Now teams are just Adversity really, which is a VR morale boost team when all their best members aren't actually VR, but I guess being able to beat a clan with stacked team quality (because CWA teams are in essence, stacked in quality; generally you only join one if you're enthusiastic about CWA and think you're good at it), AF which honestly, before the weird AF/WL merge thing which I still don't really get (if there's a member from either here, explain what the situation is atm I can't tell whos left for who and whos a shared, my understanding was AF are not fans of shared members anymore) - I treat AF as a clan. Teams were good back in the day to meet people from other clans and improve, now, I think their purpose is more of a negative than a positive, but country clans still have their place, it's just a shame there are only two left. Because in country clans we do not consider ourselves teams, we don't consider our members as VR, DF, DI, AF w.e. Which is why it's always been a foreign concept to many that most country clanners see their "main clan" as their country clan and give it priority.

2. Why do you think these teams take on this approach instead of being independent clans?

CWA is member diff. Wild is number diff. Go figure. Doesn't matter how good you are if you're outnumbered by 30. I remember back in DI we would pull like 80-90 on a Sunday, VR would pull 130 and despite how god awful they were it was meaningless because they would send 40 snipers; more people than we had in mage and callers combined in the first place.

3. Should the achievements of said teams be considered lesser due to them being teams and not independent clans?

Yes.

• Like 2

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode?

I don't like it honestly. Ends up with fights against the same recycled people. IMO there is a big difference between cwa teams and what is happening now. These clans/teams fight in the wilderness and it's basically a multi-clanning situation.

2. Why do you think these teams take on this approach instead of being independent clans?

They feel like they can't compete due to numbers so they go as a team so they can recruit anybody. 

3. Should the achievements of said teams be considered lesser due to them being teams and not independent clans?

Yes. It's much easier to have large pulls of quality members when you can recruit whoever and however many people you want. The real achievement is putting together a clan that is strong enough to compete without shared members.

• Like 1

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

It's definitely strange when both "clans" take part in the same game mode or are active in the same timezone. I feel like it shows a weakness in the ability to sell your clan as being good enough at an aspect of the game.

I'd guess because they value numbers over quality in most cases. Maybe some even think their members aren't good enough so they need to get more numbers.

Doesn't make a difference to me personally

• Like 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Clans only allow members to to join teams or team members to join their clan when they're desperate for numbers. I was never a fan of the concept. It was ALWAYS more trouble than it's worth. I can understand it now because the player base probably isn't as vast? as it was back in the day but regardless.

Edited by Applerune
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Vladi x said:

idm, but I would like to know if where do they get so much free time to be in multiple teams 

I could answer that after being in almost every team with the question "what the fuck else am I doing after work on a weekday?"; also timezones; if I have work at 7am and most of my events at like 5:30AM, I get up for work at 5am I may as well snare some niggas while eating my cheerios ya feel me - granted, this was also back when I enjoyed the game's clanning scene a lot more and would be at anything and everything, 3-4 years on you end up getting more priorities and say "well I'd rather do this than war" even if X involves a different game, years back that was considered skipping, now-a-days the balance is such that if people would rather do something else one night because they already had it planned, let em. 

Edited by Lavigne
  • Like 1

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

If that helps them step up and fight us I don't really mind it

Probably for higher pulls or more action

Yes, it's easy enough to assemble a dream 20v20/30v30 team and call yourself #1, like no shit

• Like 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

1 hour ago, danex said:

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode? weak

2. Why do you think these teams take on this approach instead of being independent clans? irrelevant alone

3. Should the achievements of said teams be considered lesser due to them being teams and not independent clans? they sure should

• Like 2

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

As an international clan leader myself on another game I'd say this is the reason why the competitive scenario died. There's no point in setting up a fight with different clans with the same member base. The only thing that changes is the clan name, its colors. So it all kinda ends up being very boring, not worth the effort. 

In RuneScape it's not the very same thing since there's way more people, therefore lesser amount of shared members making difference, but it feels quite the same. The very meaning of a "clan" is against it, otherwise it can't be called a "clan" anymore. Altho it doesn't ruin the game it can diminish your value as a clan since you're not able to keep up with every other clan without having to appeal to such resources. And here lays my response to the other 2 questions.

I'm not sure what to think on country clans tho. Seems to me that the language barrier may have an influence on it, since a country clan is way more limited than others by its nature. I could lean towards the your choice your consequence, but that doesn't seem like fair game to me. Even tho I'm not a fan I do understand the concept and I may even encourage the sharing if it means more clanning experience to such limited clans.  

7jmTOjL.png     

Pretty trampy to see old school clans like VR turn into a team, but it's better than being unable to fight anyone for 2 years because you pull 15-20 ppl I guess

• Like 1

1gHvtra.png

its kind of expected really. There are only a handful of clans that put in the effort to recruit, the rest are just lazy.

^ same as above. when 95% of the leadership in other clans /teams actually lack the brain cells to communicate.

Yes, its just a mix/match of their "best" from team to team

• Like 1

PSkn5nd.gif

Not my thing for many reasons, never really liked having my wilderness clan sharing members when we compete in the same areas (including country clans that essentially operate as main clans). The bigger clans (that allow this) definitely made positive additions since they seem to have these priority on these multi-clanners.

To each their own these days

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png