What are your thoughts on teams sharing members with each other?

Scleritis

I think the reality is that clans cannot uphold the same standards that they did back in 07-10 etc. If there could be clan member sharing I could see it as a way to expand the lifetime of clanning. Of course I think it is more honorable not to, but I just feel like the activity / amount of people just arent there anymore and will likely continue to decrease. if covid ends and people start to disappear again I think double clanning or whatever you want to call it should be considered even by tempest. trust me, youll be able to evolve from whatever happens from that.

• Like 1

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

ask me this question in 2010 and I would have said HELL NO. but ask me in 2021, you get a different answer.

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

I've never had a problem with it personally as long as members who were in teams/country clans acknowledged that our clan took priority and that said clans/teams weren't in the same bracket of competition (aka if I was VR or AF I wouldn't be happy about their arrangement).

3 hours ago, D2master12 said:

I think the reality is that clans cannot uphold the same standards that they did back in 07-10 etc. If there could be clan member sharing I could see it as a way to expand the lifetime of clanning. Of course I think it is more honorable not to, but I just feel like the activity / amount of people just arent there anymore and will likely continue to decrease. if covid ends and people start to disappear again I think double clanning or whatever you want to call it should be considered even by tempest. trust me, youll be able to evolve from whatever happens from that.

Could it not be the opposite? If clans/teams are just a mechanism to get fights, then it takes away what clanning used to mean - being part of a group where everyone else was the 'other'/enemy. That was the attraction to the clan scene for me, and was why I joined Tempest. Fights are fun but it's the community which makes being part of the clan different than PvM. I guess that's where the lack of a Zybez/Tipit comes in when clans don't dominate the wider community like they used to.

I never had a problem with people being in country clans (e.g. Fools) where the main clan was the focus and there was a specific reason for them being part of a team (e.g. language), but it seems strange that when some clans fight the members have to decide who they fight for...

Edited by Blogs
  • Like 2

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

I think if the teams/clans overlap in terms of scene (pure vs. main, F2P vs P2P) and they both participate in wilderness fights, then it's weird to have shared members. CWA feels different to me because CWA fights are generally set up with more amicability where as wilderness fights generally feel more hostile.

I also think members should focus on improving a single clan and that clan's community rather than splintering themselves. It might also lead to less burn out for some people.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode?

VR has few chosen shared members in AF/REV/WL  - never caused any problem

2. Why do you think these teams take on this approach instead of being independent clans?

It's 2021 - only cringe rival dog clans use it as some kind excuse to cry about.

3. Should the achievements of said teams be considered lesser due to them being teams and not independent clans?

Whatever makes you sleep at night dogs

Edited by Potrahs
  • honk 1

1 hour ago, Potrahs said:

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode?

2. Why do you think these teams take on this approach instead of being independent clans?

It's 2021 - only cringe rival dog clans use it as some kind excuse to cry about.

3. Should the achievements of said teams be considered lesser due to them being teams and not independent clans?

ty

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

2 hours ago, Potrahs said:

woof

HfpoZbC.gif

WOLhPbX.png

OlvN3Fk.png

3 hours ago, Potrahs said:

You're actually so braindead god bless you and god bless vr for having the biggest retards in the whole clan world

5 hours ago, Potrahs said:

What are ur thoughts on VR jcup?

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png