What are your thoughts on teams sharing members with each other?

Scleritis

At the moment there are a lot of teams such as AF, VR, DR, WL etc that share members with each other. Some of these share members with each other despite prioritizing the same mode eg P2P for AF and VR or members from WL, traditionally F2P, fighting in F2P fights for AF/VR. Another example would be members of VR P2P pking with DR. This has always been a thing in the clan world but traditionally members would be shared across the different game modes. For example members would be in Brutality for P2P but VR for F2P (before Brutality became a clan and disallowed this).

Some may say this is a result of less people being involved in the clan world and clans struggling to recruit therefore resorting to being teams and sharing members but imo this isn't true and is disproved by Tempest, an independent clan, being capable of pulling 100+.

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode?

2. Why do you think these teams take on this approach instead of being independent clans?

3. Should the achievements of said teams be considered lesser due to them being teams and not independent clans?

Edited by Scleritis
  • Like 2

giphy.gif

UCRfdoD.png

tX2cpQ2.png

spacer.pngspacer.png70b696a3da.gifspacer.pngspacer.png

HwzhImT.gif

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode? weak

2. Why do you think these teams take on this approach instead of being independent clans? irrelevant alone

3. Should the achievements of said teams be considered lesser due to them being teams and not independent clans? they sure should

• Like 1

HfpoZbC.gif

WOLhPbX.png

OlvN3Fk.png

It's mad I think VR can't go into p2p without another clan holding their hands confirmed many times when they fight DF. You seen we had to drop 30 members to fight them in f2p. So I guess overall for clans like these it benefits them.  It sucks but unfortunately to get fights these things have to happen. So in this current climate I guess its okay? never been a fan of it though and that is my personal opinion. 

Edited by Vegeta

Vegeta2.png

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode?

some people have no choice, most clans want referrals. How else would you meet other people and have fun playing the game?

2. Why do you think these teams take on this approach instead of being independent clans?

see above

3. Should the achievements of said teams be considered lesser due to them being teams and not independent clans?

why? They're playing the same game you are, unless its some kind of "gatekeeping" winning fights shouldn't make a difference if its a team or clan

2iAkAAG.gif

13 minutes ago, Scleritis said:

Think rev also has shared members? CL leader is in rev and some others I think, plus they used to have VR guys not sure how many are still there though

anyways

If they want to share members that's their own thing, the clan world is pretty dead, there isn't a surplus of individuals at all let alone new people coming into the clan world. If they want to share people and both clans are fine with it, that's good for them as long as they're willing to accept potential drawbacks of having shared members.

I think it depends on the clan. VR allow shareds I imagine because it gives them allies and a bit of backup and as Steve said on his AMA sometimes allows them to pick up a few quality members. AF allows shareds because they basically just end up absorbing other clans or at least a large part of their community (not shared but took most of CT/jaja when they closed, now have a fair few VR/CL/WL I think and possibly others?). A huge drawback being if VR decides to start shit with WL and they have shareds from both it will probably be aids for their clan. WL is a country clan (i'm pretty sure?) and I imagine most country clans do allow their members to be shared with the exception of Fools after a certain point so I don't think that's really abnormal.

I think the achievements for clans like AF are fine, if WL/VR were to achieve something but only because they had AF helping them due to shareds, that would perhaps tarnish it a bit but at the end of the day still an accomplishment I guess and good for them. AF I feel very much wear the pants in their relationship with other clans so don't know if having shared members from other clans would really diminish much.

At the end of the day everyone just wants to have fun I think even if some people are more toxic/spasticated than others, in a lot of cases people don't want to close their clan down and lose their community so I think shared members is good in that aspect that they can still maintain their community and have some events of their own, but also allow them to be part of something more significant and by extension probably have a bit more fun. 

• Like 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1. What are your thoughts on teams continuing to share members despite prioritizing the same game mode?

Always hated it and did not like it one iota and I feel many others have had similar experiences in their past clans. In Downfall in OSRS we had a healthy amount of Exotic members and although they were all very top quality members and conflicts rarely arose, when Exotic did get a bit more ambitious with Sunday events it was annoying to maneuver around. I believe similar issues arose in DF and DI with Fools and Vitality members. One ironclad rule everyone involved with the inception of Tempest agreed from the get-go that no shareds from other teams/clans from mains that are involved in PVP in any capacity in any game mode will ever allowed (regrettably a few pures snuck in along the way).

It's worked out great for our clan and community. I think having shareds also lessens the community aspect if you have people just showing up for wars and hanging out in other communities/discords outside wars. There's no sense of pride if you're representing multiple flags.

A lot of the teams / clans that allow multi-clanning have done so historically, and unless you are a new clan opening up -- I can imagine it's hard going back and undoing the past. If Tempest wasn't a new clan, it probably would have been harder for us to be strict with this as well. For example, VR shareds in Rev and AF were always there and both Rev and AF looked the other away since VR was largely irrelevant until recently. Nowadays I believe many people try to undersell their shareds, and to some extent it is possibly true, but even if you only have one shared -- you're going to get grief for it because it is hard to go and confirm who is actually in your clan or not. It's not like clans have mandated quotas.

Not necessarily, but in my opinion when a clan with shareds is in a position of strength to me it makes sense to make individuals choose one clan vs. the other. Not only are shareds a concern from an intelligence standpoint (events or information getting leaked -- see example from GEOIDE being pressured to leak WL event to VR -- he kept this exchange in his war video), but also can detract from your overall community and general mission.

unknown.png

• Like 4
  • hash 2
  • pepesus 1

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

I don't really understand how you can devote yourself to multiple teams. Maybe people join multiple teams so that they are able to PvP more often? It must get tricky when your teams are fighting each other lol. Idc if people do it though since it doesn't really affect me. 

• Like 2

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

46 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

Watching it happen isn’t ideal but I guess it’s the state of things right now. Don’t know what’s more trampy though, the Dynasty / DR shares or the EZ / SV / ROT shares. 

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

1. - I don't mind it but it does seem weird to me when both are focusing on the same aspects of the game. when clans focused f2p and people joined a team for p2p I totally understood. Same with pvp vs cw before. 

2. - I think the big issue is most teams/clans don't have a good enough community around them to keep members coming in and happy. this results in needed mass joins/idiots to join so that they can improve their pulls. They will cater to whoever they can get recruits from

3. - In my opinion an achievement is an achievement. Saying you could discredit someone achievements could also be trumped by, If you saw it was working why didn't you do it?

• Like 1

rdFTH2V.png

Q2HE8JW.gifAdkNBbg.png