Venenatis AMA - [HOT] [FRESH] [EXCLUSIVE]

Venenatis

8 minutes ago, The End said:

Can you explain why Nolan and Hax left VNG to make a team called NL (Nothing Left)?

Mike became very anti-war as he took leader in Vanguard. He believed we shouldn't prep any clan involved in a crash war, which was the entire scene. @Nolan wanted to continue to build up our PvP side but was at a loss with Mike. This led to many aggressive exchanges between the two until Nolan left with Hax. 

• Like 1

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

Just now, The End said:

What was the most embarrassing Vanguard event?

We set up a F2P fight against SE and got our asses handed to us. After the war @Nolan proceeded to have the excellent idea of bringing SE into our TS, so we could all aspire to be as good as them. Vanguard proceeded to be lectured, by our own Officer, that we were in fact, very ass. He continued to hype up SE members for 15 minutes telling our entire ts that we needed to work hard to be like them.

I dunno what my man Nolan was smoking this day maybe he can fill us in. 

• Like 2

Were you surprised when NL merged with PD? What did you think of them as a clan before they closed? Apart from apparently VnG members, they were a mix of ex UNK/WG largely right?

If VnG were reopening regardless but the leader hadn't been the person who took over, who do you think would have been a reasonable person to hand the reigns down to?

Do you play some variant of ironman or have you thought about it?

What games do you play/enjoy other than OSRS (may have been asked already) ?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

When I was new to Vanguard still low level I remember you guys trying to possibly find a spy(maybe it was random hits), I know I was a suspect (of course I wasn’t a spy, I would never) but I wonder, did you guys think/almost kicked me?

I know because when I got promoted I scrolled up XD Think I already spoke to you about it

bbe0171816dd2e2703a5c7e35ae3ccad.png

6BkaIin.png
VnG Pur3 / Pur3 str0ng2 / I work high
= Vanguard Retired Leader, Tempest OldSchool =
= Ex Kissing the Shadows Council / Darkness Awaits CouncilCrimson Raiders Moderator - The Rising Elite member

1 hour ago, Pur3 Str0ng2 said:

When I was new to Vanguard still low level I remember you guys trying to possibly find a spy(maybe it was random hits), I know I was a suspect (of course I wasn’t a spy, I would never) but I wonder, did you guys think/almost kicked me?

Lol Kneeled thought you were for some reason but I knew 100% you weren't. Next event we knew for 100% certainty it was Lucho. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Were you surprised when NL merged with PD? What did you think of them as a clan before they closed? Apart from apparently VnG members, they were a mix of ex UNK/WG largely right?

I never really gave them much thought. They wanted to beef with everyone and I kind of suspected Vanguard would be next if we stayed open. 

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

If VnG were reopening regardless but the leader hadn't been the person who took over, who do you think would have been a reasonable person to hand the reigns down to?

If Kneeled was quitting there really wasn't anyone else that could, not to the degree of what it was. My choice to pass on the reigns and take my place was VonoV, the current leader of Terminus. I expected he would do away with PvP and create a new rank team. I think with him as leader the clan would have carried on and more of the old veterans would have stuck around. But people were so used to me leading VnG for many years it's possible he would have ran into a similar problem as Mike had. Some members may have started to complain about the changes he was making as leader and justifying this drama by holding onto the past. He wouldn't think so reading this because he definitely wasn't a fan of many of Mikes actions, which resulted in much harsher backlash than was necessary. And he would definitely have a point regarding that.

However, during our wow binge he took the mantle and I was getting random complaints that he was rude and power hungry and I should be in charge. So, it's quite possible OG Vanguard may have been one of those clans that couldn't go on without the original leader similar to DK, etc. But I think VonoV would have had the best chances at retaining and leading the OG Vanguard. Annie has been successful because it's not the same clan. Everyone is mostly new and they have no idea who I am or what Vanguard was like besides a small history section in the disc server. Although again - to her credit, it's not an easy task leading any clan be it new or old. I don't think there was anyone that could have done what she did either. She created a new community from scratch under a history that was more of a burden than an asset. She also retained a few of the OG's as well, despite Terminus' subtle yet consistent recruitment efforts. 

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What games do you play/enjoy other than OSRS (may have been asked already) ?

aoe2/eso/gta/minecraft/div2

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you play some variant of ironman or have you thought about it?

I did but got burned quickly. RSN is VnG.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, true said:

did you agree with the no talking about weed thing in discord 

No, that was really stupid especially when other conversations could be way more controversial but deemed OK. Vanguard was often very strange.