Venenatis AMA - [HOT] [FRESH] [EXCLUSIVE]

Venenatis

Who was VNG's biggest rival?

If you were to re-do your run at VNG leader, what would be different?

Who is the best caller in VNG history?

What was working with Bow like?

Favorite Bunny Guest?

aUBwTQ1.png

1 hour ago, true said:

Who was VNG's biggest rival?

Ruin. Though this was a nooby era for VnG, Ruin and Vanguard pulled similarly. Every time we went out we got into a scrap. I used to think they were toxic in my naïve days, but honestly I've grown to respect them. They always fought in gear and pushed us to really excel and want to beat them.

1 hour ago, true said:

If you were to re-do your run at VNG leader, what would be different?

I wouldn't do PvP.  I would leave it as a community clan and join a PvP clan on the side.

1 hour ago, true said:

Who is the best caller in VNG history?

Mike, especially in P2P. 

1 hour ago, true said:

What was working with Bow like?

Sometimes he gave great advice which really helped me. Sometimes I feel like he judged Vanguard too much as he would RSD. They were very different clans. Some of the decisions I made for Vanguard were decisions I really didn't want to make. But Vanguard was small. It was often fragile. The need to "act" superseded the risks of these said decisions. I know he looked down on certain decisions but I didn't have an 80 man ml and elite rank team to provide me with alternatives. 

1 hour ago, true said:

Favorite Bunny Guest?

@Adam_ & @sheli~

• sus 1
  • heart 1

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

45 minutes ago, Brazz said:

What kind of fiction do you read?

Do you enjoy f2p or p2p fights more? 

Currently reading the screwtape letters by C.S Lewis & The Book Thief.

P2P.

• Like 2
  • bank 1

If you could take one member from each of the following clans and bring them to Tempest, who would you take? (just leave blank if you don't think anyone would be a good fit or don't know anyone in the clan)

Rev

AF

DF

CL

SV

RoT

WL

PD

VR

DR

Did VnG ever interact with or have events with PvM clans? It seems like you guys participated more in PvM than a lot of clans cared to though I could be wrong. If so, what was your experience with them?

Do you think there are any now-dead clans that could come back in 2021+ and do reasonably well? If so, who?

When Ruin closed, what did you think of that? Did you feel your rivalry had any involvement in that happening (gonna be honest don't know much about them or when they closed or who was even in that clan)? Did you guys take on any members from Ruin?

What have been your favorite additions to OSRS that weren't a thing in Pre-EoC? What things did Pre-EoC have that you wish were in OSRS?

What was the name of the original clan you co-led?

What are some other movies or popular series you've been a fan of other than (part of) Arrow and Star Wars?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Been really good getting to know you over the months.

Who are some of the people you looked up to in the clan world throughout your time? Did your mirror any historic clans while making VNG or did you just do your own thing? How aware were you of the history of Pre-EOC clans before OSRS came around?

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Rev

AF

DF

CL

SV

RoT

WL

PD

VR

DR

Rev - Paul

AF - D96

DF - IMK

CL - ?

SV - ?

RoT - Bullerik (His random humor always makes me laugh)

WL - Le master 

PD - @Panic Tab

VR - The person I would pick has already been in Tempest but it sadly didn't work out

DR - Blue Ivy

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Did VnG ever interact with or have events with PvM clans? It seems like you guys participated more in PvM than a lot of clans cared to though I could be wrong. If so, what was your experience with them?

We were undefeated in PvM comps with other clans including both DF's. 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Do you think there are any now-dead clans that could come back in 2021+ and do reasonably well? If so, who?

RSD, if the desire was there. 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

When Ruin closed, what did you think of that? Did you feel your rivalry had any involvement in that happening (gonna be honest don't know much about them or when they closed or who was even in that clan)? Did you guys take on any members from Ruin?

Being a bit of a nooby leader at the time, yes, I thought it was Vanguard haha. It gave me a corny sense of pride defeating our rival. Realistically the answer is no, we didn't close Ruin. Ruin was exclusively PvP and the members were getting increasingly bored of having small scale fights. At the time most small clans closed so the wilderness for both Ruin and VnG was dry. The scene was dominated by a midsized crash war. Ruin members wanted to join bigger clans and that led them deciding to disband. Vanguard didn't rely exclusively on PvP, so the dry wilderness didn't affect us much. We merely outlasted them in a wilderness drought.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What have been your favorite additions to OSRS that weren't a thing in Pre-EoC? What things did Pre-EoC have that you wish were in OSRS?

Wilderness bosses, iron mode. I miss dungeoneering. 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What are some other movies or popular series you've been a fan of other than (part of) Arrow and Star Wars?

LOTR. Harry Potter. The Walking Dead. The Witcher. Black Mirror. The Queens Gambit. The Office. Star Trek. Anime, OwO.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Vanuckle said:

Been really good getting to know you over the months.

Who are some of the people you looked up to in the clan world throughout your time? Did your mirror any historic clans while making VNG or did you just do your own thing? How aware were you of the history of Pre-EOC clans before OSRS came around?

1. @Des Troyer and @true
  2. Mostly did our own thing but stole a few ideas from RSD and EH.
  3. I only knew about DI through my brother, and WG from their media campaigns. I learned most during OSRS.