Venenatis AMA - [HOT] [FRESH] [EXCLUSIVE]

Venenatis

Just now, Howl said:

Who first pitched the name 'Tempest'?

Me!

1 minute ago, Howl said:

What was the conversation like for pulling in/picking other officials?

That was mostly True but I remember saying we needed to get The End.

• Like 4

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

Vanguard was comprised of new people to the PvP scene, something you've talked a good bit about.

What's your pitch to people who have never done clan PvP before?

Do you think the clan world is too difficult to join these days? What kind of changes would you make (across clans) if you could? What about from Jagex's perspective?

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

57 minutes ago, Howl said:

What's your pitch to people who have never done clan PvP before?

Just try it once and if you don't like it you never have to do it again. That's literally how easy it is most get hooked immediately. New players just have no clue this scene exists. 

59 minutes ago, Howl said:

Do you think the clan world is too difficult to join these days? What kind of changes would you make (across clans) if you could? What about from Jagex's perspective?

Yes it is. Lower combat and set requirement, if I could force every clan to make a junior branch. From Jagex it goes back to my previous post about a Jagex endorsed clan site.

• Like 1

What did you prefer name wise between Atlantis and Redemption?

Would you wear a Tempest or Vanguard (or TR...) hat into the Gielinor HOF?

Thoughts on @Brian as an official? What did you expect from him and what about him surprised you?

Would Bow enjoy Tempest?

Favorite book?

If you could live in a fictional world, which one?

aUBwTQ1.png

14 minutes ago, true said:

What did you prefer name wise between Atlantis and Redemption?

Atlantis so people could say "Atlanis is coming." That sounds pretty bad ass. 

16 minutes ago, true said:

Would you wear a Tempest or Vanguard (or TR...) hat into the Gielinor HOF?

Tempest. I had a lot of good memories in Vanguard and there is a sense of pride starting with nothing, but I often felt like I wasn't appreciated by a few members and even some ranks. They could at times really underestimated all that I did for that clan lol. Wearing a TR hat into the HOF would be like Lebron wearing a Western Conference hat into the HOF. I can't really picture TR as an actual clan with all the shares. 😞 

24 minutes ago, true said:

Thoughts on @Brian as an official? What did you expect from him and what about him surprised you?

Some of the old era leaders I've met over the years typically boast about having a lot of experience building from the ground up. But I have come to find that a lot of their success is from inheriting an era thriving with players. Hell, even WG pulled 60+ back then. Many of these leaders reached out to me over the years giving me advice on Vanguard, I dunno why but they did. Nothing they told me was reasonably viable, especially in the OSRS era. I actually found some of their tips very strange and often wondered how much their success was based on skill, or having the blessing of a very active era. @Brian came into the rank team without saying a thing about what he accomplished in the past, (humble,) he immediately put his hands to work and started implementing practical things to benefit Tempest that I would have never thought of. The more I have seen from him I've started realizing he probably was the founder of clans as rumors suggest and all the other clans prob did copy what he was doing in DI lol

40 minutes ago, true said:

Would Bow enjoy Tempest?

Oh yeah. He would love it. It's a nostalgia rush and we run a tight, mature ship. He's probably afraid to join because of the possibility of getting too hooked in all this RS stuff again. He may also worry you're still the same 15 year old spazz from back in the day, or that I would eventually rank someone extremely emotional. 

45 minutes ago, true said:

Favorite book?

The Bible.

45 minutes ago, true said:

If you could live in a fictional world, which one?

Star Wars!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, true said:

Thoughts on @Pur3 Str0ng2 as an official 

Super work ethic, but needs to be stronger and not give into things he doesn't agree with. Disagreeing does not = being heartless. Standing up to others for what you believe in doesn't = hurtful. 

• Like 1

I believe Vanguard’s discord had a real life pictures channel. There were some rumors floating around that somehow this innocuous channel caused a lot of rifts and divisiveness in Vanguard? Do you agree or disagree with that take? If agree, can you elaborate on what the underlying issues and motivators were?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

8 minutes ago, The End said:

I believe Vanguard’s discord had a real life pictures channel. There were some rumors floating around that somehow this innocuous channel caused a lot of rifts and divisiveness in Vanguard? Do you agree or disagree with that take? If agree, can you elaborate on what the underlying issues and motivators were?

Hmmmm, no I can't say I remember that.