Venenatis AMA - [HOT] [FRESH] [EXCLUSIVE]

Venenatis

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Hey Vene, thank you for doing this AMA! Who knew that the leader of the clan we dubbed ‘Team Mush’ back in 2014 would wind up playing a pivotal role in bringing all of us back and essentially restoring clanning to an extent. I have a couple questions mostly regarding people, who I would like to get your opinions on so here they are: 

Do you still talk to Mike (killer fame) at all? I actually have him on several social media’s and am tempted to try to recruit him but I’ve heard he’s a bit of an rs3 freak now. 

Branching off of the first question, what did you think of Mike as a member and then a leader? 

What happened with that vng aaron guy? I remember @Adam went to a f2p fight with Vng and the guy wound up blowing up at Adam for something. When he decided to make it all better I think he apologized and tried to give Adam 500 half pizzas as an attempt to correct his outburst. 

1. We still talk. I think he's disappointed in me for returning to the scene in Tempest. He would never return to the PvP scene.
  2. He was a great member from the start. He led well, too. He had his weaknesses, but we all have them and he really gave his all to Vanguard.
  3. He went insane, bro. I stopped talking to him after he chucked a members t bow and we kicked him. RS was not an ideal game for him lol. 
  • Like 1

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

Do you think things would have turned out differently if only a few of us (Forsaken) joined Vanguard? Before we closed I know only me and Pato really showed any interest of joining if FSK ever closed. In other words, people who actually knew how Vanguard operated rather than just mass joining for more F2P action.

Did you ever feel a disconnect when trying to run a clan without a microphone? Two (yourself & tomato) of the three leaders at the time were both muted so the only person people really heard was Kneeled. 

What were the main challenges of trying to lead without being able to communicate on voice? 

What's the difference between officer & marshal in terms of your responsibilities towards Tempest?

How did you deal with people like VnG Aaron & Ekim for so long? 

Did DI officials ever approach you about some of their members being in Vanguard on 'hider' accounts?

If the Jagex Cup is hard confirmed, do you think Tempest should try entering P2P categories?

Edited by Out

KSVDZyo.png

SCE5Fis.png

o1Uh7MU.png

3 minutes ago, Out said:

Do you think things would have turned out differently if only a few of us (Forsaken) joined Vanguard? Before we closed I know only me and Pato really showed any interest of joining if FSK ever closed. In other words, people who actually knew how Vanguard operated rather than just mass joining for more F2P action.

Yeah, I think it may have. I think it was also partly my fault for trying to appease them with F2P fights. At this time we had barely done F2P, and it just gave Fsk something to really fixate negatively on. Our P2P fight against EZ and Rev went well. 

6 minutes ago, Out said:

Did you ever feel a disconnect when trying to run a clan without a microphone? Two (yourself & tomato) of the three leaders at the time were both muted so the only person people really heard was Kneeled. 

For sure. It's hard to express emotion through text. If I could have mic'd I feel a lot of issues would have been solved. 

7 minutes ago, Out said:

What were the main challenges of trying to lead without being able to communicate of voice? 

Relying on callers and expressing yourself with the same level of emotion that should be conveyed on voice.

9 minutes ago, Out said:

How did you deal with people like VnG Aaron & Ekim for so long?

Ekim had some really good moments and was a core part of our community. Unfortunately he wasn't ready to evolve with the clan. 

11 minutes ago, Out said:

Did DI officials ever approach you about some of their members being in Vanguard on 'hider' accounts?

Nah. If you're talking about who I think DI 2.0 didn't care. They knew.

14 minutes ago, Out said:

If the Jagex Cup is hard confirmed, do you think Tempest should try entering P2P categories?

Possibly. I quite enjoy P2P myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing all the Vanguard stories, I wasn't around during that time as well but it's very fascinating to catch up on what i missed.

What does Psalm 89:9 mean to you? I see it on your discord profile, why that verse of all the bible verses?

What do you do IRL? Job,hobbies, etc

What are your long term goals for:

1. Tempest

2. RS

3. IRL

What's your top 3 favorite foods?

Can you elaborate more on how they chose the name Venenatis for the spider boss? What was the decision process? Did you have to submit it somewhere and they voted or?

My apologies if any of my questions had already been asked.

Uncrackable

Never Broken

Always Egg Nar

Thanks for doing the AMA!

1. What were your thoughts of me when I was joining Vanguard?

2. What are your thoughts of me in Tempest? If anything changed, why?

3. What is your proudest runescape achievement? Regarding anything

4. Any regrets regarding clanning?

5. Favorite F2P fight you have ever been apart of and why?

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

5 hours ago, TheEggMan said:

What does Psalm 89:9 mean to you? I see it on your discord profile, why that verse of all the bible verses?

Psalm 89:9 You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves rise, you still them.

It means whatever trouble or storm in life comes your way, God can still it.

What do you do IRL? Job,hobbies, etc

Writer.

What are your long term goals for:

1. Tempest

2. RS

3. IRL

1. 100 man ml
  2. max my zerk
  3. finish some book deadlines 

What's your top 3 favorite foods?

1. Chicken 
  2. Baked ziti
  3. Swordfish 

Can you elaborate more on how they chose the name Venenatis for the spider boss? What was the decision process? Did you have to submit it somewhere and they voted or?

I had a forum post on the OSRS forums named "Venenatis the spider boss." @Mat K was all for supporting player suggested content so they kept that name. I made it a latin name similarly to how Nex on rs2 means death.

• Like 3

If I remember correctly, you were in Downfall for a couple months.

What were your thoughts on how we ran the clan as opposed to how you ran VNG?

Did you take anything that we did in DF back to Vanguard?

If you could do Vanguard all over again, do you think had you had a bigger f2p presence at the start the outcome of VNG would be different?

IkxZxGH.png

0sj0La8.gif

uiKF6Vo.mp4

1C8F9B31-BBB3-4390-9DD8-F36B27BFD592.png

409FD042-2929-4DA3-9AE4-D8C2C23A0CB5.png

3 hours ago, Gochance1 said:

1. What were your thoughts of me when I was joining Vanguard?

Honestly, I was worried you wouldn't enjoy Vanguard because Mike acted like you were born with a scimitar for a left hand. He pretty much said you would want to turn us into a clan that wars 24/7. But I quickly realized that wasn't the case at all. You adapted to the community very fast and you had a pretty good idea of our strengths and weaknesses. I remember you came to me sensing some of the troubles with the community nearing the end. I was reserved about it but I wish I would have been more open with you because I think you could have helped!

3 hours ago, Gochance1 said:

2. What are your thoughts of me in Tempest? If anything changed, why?

Well, as I said I above thought you were more into warring rather than community. But I quickly saw that wasn't the case even way back in Vanguard. I guess that was reaffirmed further in Tempest as I've come to see that you do enjoy warring, but you would never put it above the community. 

4 hours ago, Gochance1 said:

What is your proudest runescape achievement? Regarding anything

Maxing

Any regrets regarding clanning?

I regret sometimes trying things I knew would never work in hopes of taking Vanguard to the next level. For example the FsK mass join. I knew the communities were completely different but I risked it to further us on the scene. The same happened with WG. I've done this on a few occasions and probably caused Kneeled some major headaches. Mistakes like these butchered our own core community causing a lot of unnecessary turmoil. I regret not being more patient and building up our own core slowly.

5. Favorite F2P fight you have ever been apart of and why?

Vanguard vs PD at 10 PM EST. They kept saying we could never fight them in their own timezone. I told @Nolan let's prove them wrong and we did with 38 strong. Even our gmt stayed up for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woot said:

Favorite Star Wars movie?

Revenge of the sith.

2 hours ago, true said:

Favorite Arrow or Flash quote?

"I was 11 years old when I killed my first man. I remember the look in his face when the light went out behind his eyes. Such a sudden change, almost imperceptible, between life and death. And I felt ashamed. I had stolen from that man the most precious gift of all - life. But I also felt something else - pride, because I had taken up arms against someone who sought to do ill against my family. And I realized what I had done was necessary. You see... I have replaced evil with death. And that... is what the league exists to do. And I have killed several thousand more men since then. And the world is better for it."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nick said:

If I remember correctly, you were in Downfall for a couple months.

What were your thoughts on how we ran the clan as opposed to how you ran VNG?

Did you take anything that we did in DF back to Vanguard?

If you could do Vanguard all over again, do you think had you had a bigger f2p presence at the start the outcome of VNG would be different?

1. I was pretty amazed at how much thought went into everything. I was used to just recruiting off the rs forums after a simple app. Being in DF was a big change for my perspective. And honestly - I joined to learn.
  2. The app process.
  3. Absolutely. Vanguard enjoyed F2P more but we lacked experience to go from a clan like NB to say fsk. The gap was massive and difficult to overcome so we had to stick to P2P until I recruited @Nolan who helped a lot with it.
  • Like 2

What was vanguards highest pull?

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png