Venenatis AMA - [HOT] [FRESH] [EXCLUSIVE]

Venenatis

Hello there.

That's a Star Wars reference, if you're a nerd like me you probably caught it. My name is Venenatis, I am a founder of Tempest and I currently hold the prestigious rank of Marshal. I am most known for suggesting the wilderness spider boss during the early stages of Oldschool Runescape. During this era, I also suggested various other content that Jagex revised and later implemented into the game. 

782f2f7de56f144809e5928a4e4dec2d.jpg

For me, my clanning started around 2008. I was just a wee lad, very eager and very enthusiastic for our little game called Runescape. I co-led a pre-eoc community clan which would eventually fall into my hands to maintain. I led this clan for about two years before we disband and moved on with our lives. There was never anything uniquely different about this clan. However, the experience I gained would help me with the second subject I'm most known for: Vanguard. 

Vanguard 

The clan Vanguard was just an ordinary social community that I and a few friends founded. For the most part, we remained small. Because of our size we were all very close-knit. In the beginning Vanguard rarely partook in PvP outside of our weekend PKs. As time went on in Vanguard exponential growth occurred, and the members hunger for more action in the wilderness became abundantly clear. I began to investigate other PvP clans and how they operated. This was a means as to learn and better serve the desire of my members.

I had learned a great deal in a short time, but I did not fully adopt their methodology. I chose instead to keep our unique style, and only adopt certain functional aspects that would benefit our operations. I was told frequently (even by @true himself,) that it would be impossible for newcomers to compete with clans that had decades of experience. You can call it arrogant but this only fueled the passion in me to see us succeed. 

The path ahead was rocky and long. Yet in time, we were able to compete with every clan in the scene. Vanguard was by no means the best, but we surely put up a fight and oftentimes won despite the odds. Vanguard closed in 2019, but would later reopen as a community clan under different leadership. Many of the old members quit the game, some of them play on iron men in a PvM clan called Terminus, some are here in Tempest, and a few remain in Vanguard. 

Above all, I strived to uphold these two things in Vanguard.

1.) Community always came before PvP and we would never sacrifice the quality of our community for PvP success.

2.) We would always remain an honor clan. 

e9430901ad47ba1c8d752e7fb34b624e.jpg

The Rising 

After I retired from Vanguard I joined TR in hopes of rekindling some of the great memories I had in VnG. (At this point, Vanguard was exclusively community) I met some nice people there and I would eventually achieve the rank of Advisor. Unfortunately, I was too accustomed to being in a clan that prioritized community whereas TR was exclusively PvP. I felt a bit out of place. I would eventually step down and leave TR to create Tempest with @true and @david, Tempest I knew would prioritize both, similarly to Vanguard.

Zybez Mod

Not a whole lot to say about this other than I met some cool people. Some of them even ended up joining Vanguard. 

Ask away

• heart 3

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

What are the biggest differences beteween TR and Tempest?

How was Ben HG as leader? What about the rest of the TR officials?

What was you initial reaction when I told you I was down to make a clan/start Tempest? Did you think it would last?

Has your impression of me as a clan leader changed since working together?

Who are some Tempest members you think could make great officials?

Who is the most insane person that you've ever clanned with?

aUBwTQ1.png

Why do you never speak on ts? 

Whats you’re favorite moment on Vng

What made you leave Vanguard

bitmap.png

buzAajZ.png.bfd4ca33d2a77553c881737e475ad2ad.png

Latin Crew Officer Tempest Member

What was your proudest moments in Vanguard, The Rising and Tempest?

What has been your biggest surprise about Tempest?

What Tempest members do you think would have been great members in a clan like Vanguard?

If you could recruit one Bunny Guest to Tempest, who would it be?

What is a disgusting food you can't help but eat?

aUBwTQ1.png

What was True's recruitment pitch like?

How do you feel Vanguard worked out at the end of the day, being a skilling, pvm and pvp clan at the same time?

What was being an advisor rank like in TR?

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

Can you elaborate on Vanguard's closure in 2019 or so? I believe Tim/Firehands invited me and I joined or so for a month and then the clan abruptly closed a little after I got full member.

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

8 minutes ago, true said:

What are the biggest differences beteween TR and Tempest?

How was Ben HG as leader? What about the rest of the TR officials?

What was you initial when I told you I was down to make a clan/start Tempest? Did you think it would last?

Has your impression of me as a clan leader changed since working together?

Who are some Tempest members you think could make great officials?

Who is the most insane person that you've ever clanned with?

For the most part TR had no community, I would say that's the most notable difference. We would war and that would be the last we'd see each other till the next event. TR was also very loose with multi-clanning. 

Ben was actually a nice guy and he cared for TR as well as the members. He could be pretty smart when it came to strategies to avoid crashers, etc. We rarely ever had a poor event because we were always prepared. Ethan and Peter also contributed a lot. The other ranks were very nice people but I didn't really see that they added much to the staff team. 

I was surprised you finally said yes. You were always so opposed to clans after DF. Yeah I knew it would last but I never expected to be pulling 100 and changing the entire scene. 

Nope.

@Nick @Icedragon D @Pur3 Str0ng2

Someone that now streams named Dave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • heart 1

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

Just by what you've read and the stories you've been told, who are some clans you think you would have fit in with in the RS2 era?

Tell us a really nooby story from the VNG days.

Who are the best 5 officials from VNG?

Compared to the other leaders that were leading in 2016-2018, you were definitely on the newer end of things. Do you feel like that gave you any kind of advantages to say Brian and I?

What are your favorite subreddits?

aUBwTQ1.png