Venenatis AMA - [HOT] [FRESH] [EXCLUSIVE]

Venenatis

Are you a fan of how the boss named after you currently is? Do you feel it should be changed/reworked?

If Tempest weren't around do you think you'd still be clanning? What clan?

Have you ever been involved in anything NH during your time in the clan world? If yeah, what?

What would you like to see changed / added to the game in terms of the wilderness or just PvP in general?

Ever had any interest in DMM?

What content do you like in the game outside of PvP? What's your favorite boss?

What do you feel the strengths and weaknesses of Tempest's officials are?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

3 hours ago, The End said:

When I joined Vanguard there was some FA by the name of Annie. She was recruiting heavily via Facebook. I was surprised to learn she eventually became a leader with @Pur3 Str0ng2 in the new Vanguard. Can you give more color on somehow so new to Vanguard managed to get the leadership position in the new version? What is your opinion of her?

Her and I are pretty good friends. After the closure she gathered the remnants of Vanguard into a clan she called White Horse Tavern. She convinced Mike and I to give Vanguard another go since we both cared about the clan deeply. White Horse Tavern became Vanguard soon after that. Mike was very insistent that she be his replacement as he wanted to step away from the game. Overall, I think she's proved that she has what it takes to lead a community clan. With that said, I think she would have saved herself a lot of trouble if she rebranded, or if she kept it as White Horse Tavern. Many OG Vanguard who are now in Terminus couldn't see her as a leader of VnG. But the new people that Vanguard recruited love her. I think she's a very kind person and has been very kind to me throughout the years. I'll always consider her a good friend. As far as her leading clans go, there have been times she's impressed me, and other times I couldn't help but face palm at decisions she's made. She knows that lol

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

Why did Killerfame (Mike) want to avoid fighting Renegades? Was it b/c he thought the wars would end up badly given RNG consisted mostly of old F2P veterans, or other reasons?

Yes, and he thought the members would be demoralized and not want to war as much. I think he overestimated RNG's strength sometimes. We could easily pull 40 at the right time, we probably would have lost but I think members would have enjoyed trying.

Can you give a deep dive on the VR/VNG crash war? How did that even begin and how did it end? You mentioned earlier Sparze was VNG at one point, but nowadays he seems a staunch VNG hater. 

VR was on the verge of closure, it came so far to the point that they thought the best way to rebuild was a merger. Sparze seemed to have joined VNG to get to know me and make the proposal? Rather than a merger it was proposed we mass join VR, in return, I would become leader with Cera. I declined but tried to in a nice way lol. I explained my members would think I was nuts if I ever proposed such a thing. 

So instead they merged with DK and Gotenks became leader. Gotenks had a weird hatred for VnG. So to appease him, they started crashing VnG. They were very very unsuccessful but it was a bit of a nuisance when Gotenks called Iblyss to rag us. Very unhappy VR members / ranks gave us a ton of memeable content which we could have posted but didn't. Eventually DK left VR and they didn't really stand a chance against us, plus everyone Gotenks pissed off. I messaged Cera.. Showed him some of the things we got sent... But chose not to release.... Told him there was no point in beefing and that was pretty much that.

• Like 2

Hey Vene, thank you for doing this AMA! Who knew that the leader of the clan we dubbed ‘Team Mush’ back in 2014 would wind up playing a pivotal role in bringing all of us back and essentially restoring clanning to an extent. I have a couple questions mostly regarding people, who I would like to get your opinions on so here they are: 

Do you still talk to Mike (killer fame) at all? I actually have him on several social media’s and am tempted to try to recruit him but I’ve heard he’s a bit of an rs3 freak now. 

Branching off of the first question, what did you think of Mike as a member and then a leader? 

What happened with that vng aaron guy? I remember @Adam went to a f2p fight with Vng and the guy wound up blowing up at Adam for something. When he decided to make it all better I think he apologized and tried to give Adam 500 half pizzas as an attempt to correct his outburst. 

• Haha 2

IkxZxGH.png

0sj0La8.gif

uiKF6Vo.mp4

1C8F9B31-BBB3-4390-9DD8-F36B27BFD592.png

409FD042-2929-4DA3-9AE4-D8C2C23A0CB5.png

While Vanguard was first starting up as an official clan around 2015-2016 and I saw you posting around on Divine Forces forums -- I warned you several times that @true was trying to make Vanguard the next Poison by siphoning off your members one by one. How seriously did you take these warnings? Did True ever attempt to recruit you to Divine Forces in hopes of recruiting more people into Divine Forces?

Oh, I took it serious. He definitely wanted to in the beginning. All good clan leaders try to recruit from other clans, if you don't you're probably a bad leader. But our communities were just too different. He realized that pretty quickly and stopped trying. Poison only did F2P and rarely won a thing. Poison was the perfect target for a clan like DF with similar interests but 10x better quality. Vanguard on the other hand was too accustomed to a different type of atmosphere. Skillin, PvM, P2P etc. I remember True snuck a Vanguard member on a DF PK and the dude was totally lost. And he didn't relate to discussions at all. He also told me he spent an hour hitting on Rene only to realize said Rene person was a guy. The only clan that successfully recruited from VNG was CT. I've been told the communities were similar. 

Also, I almost joined DF a few times during moments of frustration in Vanguard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, true said:

Describe these clans in one word:

Tempest

Rev

AF

VR

TR

DF

PD

WL

DR

Tempest - Kings 

Rev - Villains

AF - Green

VR - Retarded (sorry)

TR - Dead

DF - Stuck 

PD - Impressive

WL - Sex

DR - lol

3 hours ago, Tika191 said:

These Vanguard stories seem fascinating, I missed most of that era so I have no idea what happened. 

What was Vanguards biggest f2p fight ever?

Our biggest fight was a 50v50 against Divine Kings 

• Like 2

Did this guy who spied on VR (and on VNG to get in VR) -- come fully clean to you after the incident and apologize? He seems very positive towards Vanguard throughout the video:

Yeah he did exactly like you said and also provided me with a ton of leaks if I wanted to use them. 

2 hours ago, true said:

Why the name Vanguard?

What was your preferred name for Tempest?

How much did your relationship with Des Troyer lead you to TR? Even if he wasn't active anymore etc.

Seemed fitting 

van·guard
/ˈvanˌɡärd/
a group of people leading the way in new developments or ideas.

Tempest was my preference.

A little. I thought he might be happy if I could bring in new blood to TR. Unfortunately, TR was opposed to bringing in the less experienced. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Not sure if you were in TR at the time but I seem to remember you guys closing after fighting rot in F2p, I remember mainly because after the fight they all (still in f2p gear) found mog time streaming callisto and went and killed him and the clip got pretty popular. I think TR announced their closing that day or shortly thereafter (?) but obviously TR reopened and was around until a few months ago. Why did you decide to close and why did you decide to reopen?

Wasn't in TR at this time. 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Why did Ethan leave TR for DF (or was he allowed to multiclan?)

He wanted to P2P and bring in different ranks, overall he wanted TR to become more than just a F2P clan. He tried very hard but the other ranks weren't very keen on changing their ways. They liked how it was. He eventually lost motivation and gave the clan back to them to lead as they saw fit. 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What are your disagreements with how VnG is currently run?

At the time it was mostly the strategy to rebuild anew rather than to keep the core satisfied. I think the approach should have been both. Decisions were often rushed or based on emotion instead of careful planning. They were trying to tackle too many things without finding a purpose. I was removed from PK chans after creating Tempest which felt retaliatoryas they have an SV member, etc. A lot of things, honestly.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Have you considered, even briefly, returning to VnG since they're a community clan now?

Rarely.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Are you surprised at where any of your ex TR/VnG members ended up clanning wise?

I'm surprised some went to rs3 lol

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What sponsorship did TR have which you didn't approve of? (The one you said you would have nuked) Why didn't you like it?

All of them. Gold sponsors make clans look corny, imo. 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Thoughts on the following clans ? (As they are now, or how they ended)

SV

RoT
Jaja

CT

DK

1. Should change sides 
  2. Used to respect them, but not anymore 
  3. No
  4. They needed to stop trying to act like villains and admit they were as corny as VnG
  5. Weird but I can't help and respect Gotenks
2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

It sounds like you didn't have a great opinion of FSK or many of their community members during your time in VnG due to what happened when they mass joined. Has your opinion changed since then?

Only for the few that are in Tempest.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

When are you and Caro going to get married already?

9/22/22

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Who are some members from VnG/TR you wish were in / around Tempest?

Who are some that you've lost contact with and wish you could talk to again?

Harry from VnG. Kneeled from VnG. 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What do you think of the current state of the clan world

Very active seems to be improving.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Thoughts on clients when it comes to warring?

Reminds me of scouters on dbz.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Are you a fan of how the boss named after you currently is? Do you feel it should be changed/reworked?

Safespots should be removed. Originally I wanted it to be inside the mound of spider hill in the deep wilderness,

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

If Tempest weren't around do you think you'd still be clanning? What clan?

Probably a community clan 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Have you ever been involved in anything NH during your time in the clan world? If yeah, what?

Nope.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What would you like to see changed / added to the game in terms of the wilderness or just PvP in general?

More banks. Skulls appear automatically after 15 minutes in the wilderness.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Ever had any interest in DMM?

Somewhat. 

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What content do you like in the game outside of PvP? What's your favorite boss?

Arma/ training my zerk.

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What do you feel the strengths and weaknesses of Tempest's officials are?

We all own. No weaknesses.

• Like 2