What is the Greatest Sports Dynasty?

Vanuckle

Remembering that @true's initial concept of Tempest was founded around The Last Dance documentary of the 90s Chicago Bulls, it got me wondering what everyone considered to be the greatest sports team dynasty? 

For me growing up, my grandpa always spoke about the Montreal Canadiens of the 50s/60s/70s as being the greatest team he had ever witnessed. They won five Stanley Cups from '56-'60, then four in five years from '65-'69, then another four from '76-'79 (total of 13 championships in 23 years). Only question would be is that one dynasty, two, or even perhaps three.

The ones I remember most vividly from being able to watch sports myself are the Yankees in the early 2000s, and the Patriots in the 2010s. Be curious to see how others stack up teams like the Fergie era United (do you have to split up his reign to different eras?), or maybe the Galatico Madrid of the 2000s.

1. What do you think is the best dynasty in sports?
  2. Who do you think will be the first post-COVID-19 dynasty?

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

I only seen max 5 minutes of the last dance. I guess I should watch it at some point..

Honestly, in my life time it's probably the New England Patriots. There is a ton of others though I just wasn't privy to it.

Look at the Edmonton Oilers for instance. They started as a franchise in 1979. 5 years later they won their first Stanley Cup. From 1984 to 1990 they won the cup 5 times. In their first 11 seasons 5 cups. Crazy lol

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

I'm thinking Ferrari in F1 when I started watching this as a kid with my dad, he was a crazy Ferrari / Michael Schumacher fan and by proxy so was I. They got 16 Constructor Championships in ~70  years...but Mercedes might end cleaning them up and achieve this in 30 years if they keep up their domination into the 2020's.

Edited by Da Bazz
  • Like 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

Bayern/Juventus dominance in their domestic leagues, Mercedes F1, Ferrari F1, Sebastian Ogier/Sebastian Loeb in WRC, Real Madrid in Champions League - Sevilla in Europa League.

There's been plenty as of late. 

• Like 1

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

Was gonna say Mercedes F1 but Juri beat me, to get like 8 in a row is pretty crazy, with a possible 9th this year. Being unbeatable for close to a decade is damnnn

• Like 1

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

1 hour ago, Da Bazz said:

I'm thinking Ferrari in F1 when I started watching this as a kid with my dad, he was a crazy Ferrari / Michael Schumacher fan and by proxy so was I. They got 16 Constructor Championships in ~70  years...but Mercedes might end cleaning them up and achieve this in 30 years if they keep up their domination into the 2020's.

45 minutes ago, Juri said:

Mercedes F1, Ferrari F1

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

Was gonna say Mercedes F1 but Juri beat me, to get like 8 in a row is pretty crazy, with a possible 9th this year. Being unbeatable for close to a decade is damnnn

Good shout tbh hadn't considered F1 but yes, very strong dynasties there too.

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

it's impossible to compare across so many sports, but here are the ones that come to mind

UCLA basketball under Wooden

Patriots in 2000s to 2010s

United under Fergusen

Canadiens in the 60s/70s

Oilers with Gretzky

Alabama football under Saban

Bulls with Jordan

UConn Women's basketball

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

Oilers with Gretzky imo, can only imagine how many more championships they would’ve won if they didn’t literally sell him to Los Angeles

• Like 2

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

1. What do you think is the best dynasty in sports? Oilers with Gretzky easily
  2. Who do you think will be the first post-COVID-19 dynasty? Buffalo Bills (unbiased of course)

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png