Yoto32- AMA

Yoto32

46 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

do you feel the addition of the trading post (lol) and then eventually the ge contributed at all to zybez downfall? 

No, the absence of the ge during osrs's initial launch just prolonged the inevitable. Props to No1 for recognizing the void and coding the solution until they  put in the ge.

45 minutes ago, true said:

what were some heavily forced RSC rules that you hated/disagreed with?

I mean, ya'll probably coulda handled swearing.

39 minutes ago, true said:

In your opinion, who are the top 5 clans all-time?

Who are the top 5 leaders of all-time?

If you could go back and join any clan, which would you pick?

Who are some smaller/lesser-known clans that you liked to keep tabs on?

1. DS, DI, DF, THE, and Corr will always be the top 5 in my head but that's definitely not true.

2. Can't name 5 but Ghjjf is probably GOAT considering his longentivity.

3. I would pick DS just like two years before I actually did.

4. Torreoria basically forces me to keep track of Zero Tolerance

37 minutes ago, true said:

Tell us a W13 story

Learned this from reading the archives of the admin board, but apparently during the early years of Zybez, W13 had a penchant for randomly promoting people without telling the rest of the admin staff, which inevitably lead to conflict as they didn't go through the vetting process. He did a lot of ad-hoc unilateral decisions like that.

30 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Who was the most hardest working zybez mod that you worked with?

Lord Grug was a machine and had far more mod actions than any other person alive.

19 minutes ago, true said:

If you were to reboot Zybez/RSC today, how would you go about it?

I would let a lot more people banter and tease each other. Seems like the entire point of clanning is just to shittalk each other.

54 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Lmaoooo

Yeah, we had a post of shooting the shit in the CLs section just before Zybez closed down for good where I admitted (since obviously I wasn't going to get punished for it by that point) that I'd actually been ban evading and just somehow never got caught despite being -3'd within a couple months of creating that account. The only reason that one never got permed too was somehow after having what was probably a total of -9 over 3 accounts by that point, I decided to grow up I guess lol.

Yea honestly we were definitely too strict with the ban evading stuff. Clearly ban evaders wanted to be part of the community, I woulda been fine unbanning/rebanning the trolls and give the people who actually cared and changed their ways like yourself a second chance.

7 minutes ago, Yoto32 said:

Yea honestly we were definitely too strict with the ban evading stuff. Clearly ban evaders wanted to be part of the community, I woulda been fine unbanning/rebanning the trolls and give the people who actually cared and changed their ways like yourself a second chance.

Honestly I think we were fair, if you asked to get unbanned after you let some time pass, it was rarely denied providing you didn't hack, scam (without repayment), ddos etc. It's more I already had that chance and blew it hence why I did it again lol.

I definitely have you, W13, Suox and Jacko to credit with keeping me on the straight and narrow and improving.

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

50 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

what clans are you surprised still exist?

what clans are you surprised are gone?

what clans do you think could come back and do reasonably well in this age of clanning?

have you considered even briefly in the osrs era joining a clan again? if you were to join one, what clan?

1+2. I don't really know any new clan, but it really surprised me how long DI lasted. Hard to imagine they died.
3. DS can always come back and smash change my mind.
4. Yea, I thought about it, when I get bored of my iron. Did a couple fights with Tempest, might join this one considering this is where all my friends are.

37 minutes ago, true said:

Do you ever read SB?

I watch Strong Bad Emails all the time.

2 minutes ago, true said:

Thoughts on @Wee Man?

Thoughts on Billy Boi?

ngl Wee Man lasted a long longer ias Zybez staff than I thought he would be. I didn't think he would be the type of person who would really like the job, but he proved me wrong!

Billy was my boi, we rose through the CD ranks the same time together, although I took so long he retired by the time I got to mod.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, true said:

Who were the top 5 worst CD staff ever and why?

I'm not gonna throw my peeps under the bus like that but I will say because we're on good terms now that I butted heads with Aragon the most. He was very stubborn.

13 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

You were always unbiased about the greatness of The BlacKnights ty

Yes, my original top 5 like was BK listed 5 times but thought that would be obvious.

Edited by Yoto32
  • bank 1

19 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Honestly I think we were fair, if you asked to get unbanned after you let some time pass, it was rarely denied providing you didn't hack, scam (without repayment), ddos etc. It's more I already had that chance and blew it hence why I did it again lol.

I definitely have you, W13, Suox and Jacko to credit with keeping me on the straight and narrow and improving.

That was the new system. At the start it was ban evading = banned for life.

And I'm glad I was a positive influence on you! That's what I loved about Zybez, the mentoring roles and bringing up new generations.

As staff did you ever find members of certain clans or even ranks making threats for one reason another (moderating them too hard / not moderating competition / not granting them special privileges/whatever)? If yea who and why?

How did you catch robinhoodrs leaking IPs? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

What happened with Aragon? I remember him getting demoted/removed or whatever but I don't think we ever got a proper explanation of what happened. I can only assume he got on the wrong persons nerves lmao.

You should join Tempest, super laid back so you can still play your iron. :amusing:

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man