Hi, I'm Lucas / fm11, AMA

fm11

9 hours ago, fm11 said:

❤️ Who else? Hello frandz.

Hello Lucas. We didn't interact much (GMT+1 and extremely shy back then).. I was in Solace in the last 1,5 year or so, 2011-2013, under the same name. Garyhoods with Cyan:Sol is still installed on my PC 😂.

I absolutely loved my time in Solace and what you had going (even during the crash war and EOC). I loved winning and we were just fucking good and organized. I think much of our success and quality came from discipline; preparations, never letting anything slip. Concepts you were very dead set on.

I lived for grinding and collecting the Champion rank and those medals. That lovely lime colour is still one of my favourites to date.

It's good to read that you are doing well as a family man! Thanks for doing this AMA mate. It's always great to read about the crazy RS2 adventures.

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

Was fun times in Fools/TT/TKO fighting against or alongside Sol. Think I ran into Exo too a few times, but not sure when.

I joined TB pretty late on, but still have a random recording or two from that time. Even got to call in the closing fight vs Team Morphic(?) after Mystical and you were piled at the start.

- Any memories / recountings of fights with Fools?

- Why do you think so many core members from the Sol, TT, etc. "alliance" joined RoT in OSRS, despite its (leaders') reputation?

- IIRC b289 was one of the RoT members in Sol. Did he do any calling and was he good / motivated at it?

- Care to elucidate the bromance between Mystical and Eomeri in Sol?

image.png.9cb4da3ab59f52e749d2e942e934ccc1.png

"Mystical paid another visit" (to his acc & to the makeover mage)

Edited by S3lvah

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

4 hours ago, S3lvah said:

Was fun times in Fools/TT/TKO fighting against or alongside Sol. Think I ran into Exo too a few times, but not sure when.

I joined TB pretty late on, but still have a random recording or two from that time. Even got to call in the closing fight vs Team Morphic(?) after Mystical and you were piled at the start.

- Why do you think so many core members from the Sol, TT, etc. "alliance" joined RoT in OSRS, despite its (leaders') reputation?

- IIRC b289 was one of the RoT members in Sol. Did he do any calling and was he good / motivated at it?

not lucas but he called a good amount after joining, think he got a rank(?)

ex Border Patrol

ex Reign of Terror oldschool member/moderator

ex Solace member

templar nov dec feb july

🥳

I heard you were the mastermind behind the varrock sewers fight.....xd

Who was the least biased official in solace and why was it me

@fm11Good to see you too.

uRNt3ZR.png

Through action, a Man becomes a Hero

Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend

Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth

By learning from the Myth, a Man takes action

16 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

What are some clans you always wanted to join, but didn't?

In hindsight, are there any clans you think you would have fit in with besides the ones you joined?

I always browsed DI forums, who didn't back in the day? Didn't have the combat level and the apps were always closed when I had an opportunity.

Rank top 10 clans of all-time?

Biased list but in terms of what I saw in strength and dominance over a sustained period... 

Dark Slayers

Damage Inc

Divine Forces

The Titans

Mystic Knights

"The Alliance" - not the clans individually, but the most successful alliance in history. Holy Alliance and Slave Alliance got nothin' on the fruits.

Reign of Terror

TRWF

Solace

Corruption

Worst/shittiest clans you've ever fought?

Worst? The Rising. Shittiest? Quality wise VR was the easiest to fight in terms of recent memory.

If you didn't have to/want to retire and Solace stayed open, how do you think you guys would have faired on on OSRS? Did you have a few years left in the tank if IRL/family responsibilities didn't come up?

There weren't any clans really winning against us except Ascension winning 1 round in a Bo3, so I'd say we'd be ready to dominate. The bigger question would have been with RoT reopening would we have been able to balance out our possible return of members with the departure, what officials would actually be staying etc. I think it's safe to say our members were confident getting the most out of everything we had available so even with limited levels/numbers we'd still do well. Idk how the release of OSRS really went with clans but ... I'm pretty good at runies so I'm sure I would have put in some serious hours and helped out as many peeps as I could.

Did you have any spies/leaks in DF in the time I was there?

Mah man Ross was always good for some drama, give a lil take a lil. Granted what I was giving was stuff that was 'almost' public knowledge, as in breaking the news to him first but that's just cause he was a G (before he did some shady stuff if I recall correctly? Or just retired?) but that was pretty much it. We kind of made it a point to have different people manage different spies so they didn't come into our IRC spamming officials with weird stuff. I primarily dealt with EoS and VR, and I found the best incentive to be runies GP or dirt on other clans.

16 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

C/d?

b83dc9f3dea97db5f0e7d6238adb9a3c.png

Yeah that's some of the craziest shit I've ever seen... I definitely remember Josh wanting to leave but I'm pretty sure I'd remember cleaning out Josh's bank... I guess when you don't think the other person would ever come back to counter your statement you can say some off the wall stuff,

15 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What were your regrets from clanning other than how Solace ended?

Being an overarching asshole to members that didn't deserve it. Going hard on RSC for no apparent reason. Not taking enough time to enjoy the wins.

14 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

What was it like working with @Justinlol?

Super interesting when I found out he was coming to Solace, and Cordy & Justin had quite the dynamic. I really got to enjoy being in a clan with Justin and it really spoke to Solace and how we were for the most part, okay with past issues between clan mates/applicants and were able to give people chances that deserved them.

14 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Would you kick @True 2k8 ass? Some say he needs an ass kicking 

I'm all out of bubblegum.

12 hours ago, Da Bazz said:

Hello Lucas. We didn't interact much (GMT+1 and extremely shy back then).. I was in Solace in the last 1,5 year or so, 2011-2013, under the same name. Garyhoods with Cyan:Sol is still installed on my PC 😂.

I absolutely loved my time in Solace and what you had going (even during the crash war and EOC). I loved winning and we were just fucking good and organized. I think much of our success and quality came from discipline; preparations, never letting anything slip. Concepts you were very dead set on.

I lived for grinding and collecting the Champion rank and those medals. That lovely lime colour is still one of my favourites to date.

It's good to read that you are doing well as a family man! Thanks for doing this AMA mate. It's always great to read about the crazy RS2 adventures.

Yeah Bazz you were a VERY active member and it's so cool to see you here doing well, congrats on years of hard work! I agree, a ton of discipline from teenagers playing runies, it was truly wild. Champion was so cool because all those other clans had senior ranks and we were so new... I just thought allowing an activity reward while also making it a type of 'currency' for other member-style ranks made it an interesting and fun way to progress. Individuals like you and Bhatu that made me keep going into FileZilla and Photoshop and editing the fkin champion tags under your member titles... that was a grind. I think Electrosofa, Bhatu, yourself and myself had a "22c"... that's just nuts to think of in terms of activity and there were tons of 12+ in there ofc too. 

11 hours ago, S3lvah said:

Oh nice! I loved TB for the reason that we got to fight all the freakin time. And I primarily bugged Hugo about not leading so I could just participate in fights. I've gotta sharpen the tools every now and then! Screw leading through the orb

I've got a cool Cheer Up memory/video of using Ankit's account 

Other than that, I just remember FOOLS being one of those 'do we really wanna fight @ 2pm EST and go balls deep for 2 hours or is someone actually gonna fight us'...? It was never a fight I wanted to take as a Solace PK Leader and onwards lol. It takes one Fin tanking your pile to God knows where to ruin momentum/a new member experience.

Primarily because that's where all their friends went. Also I was an ass so being told how to conduct yourself vs. being unchained... there's some obvious draws to joining RoT.

Glad you asked the question yourself at the end--he was a good caller. I think the graphics/current state of our fights when he was leading made it slightly more difficult because some of the things that for me, Duv and Mystical might be automatic in terms of clearing snipers/targeting something specific. He admitted to us several times he wasn't as motivated and it was effecting his calling.

Yeah I really don't know it was some weird stuff. Loved the GMT unit in Solace though they were all extremely active and dedicated.

11 hours ago, Nanne30 said:

Hi @fm11 When are you going to app?

Heya friend 🙂 Hope all has been well! Not in the works my friend.

6 hours ago, Jim Jim said:

not lucas but he called a good amount after joining, think he got a rank(?)

Yea Mystical was one of the first Privileged/Provisional Warlords and then got promoted a month or two after.

6 hours ago, Logan said:

I heard you were the mastermind behind the varrock sewers fight.....xd

Who was the least biased official in solace and why was it me

I've got a better answer... ADAM. Cause mah man didn't give a single fuck. And yes I loved the goofy as fights but Varrock Sewers omg... Al Kharid Palace baby!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Lucas, glad you decided to do an AMA and hope you're doing well!

Will post more questions later but for now I have one that the people have been waiting for:

-thoughts on neo shadow and his calling ability?

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

Great to hear from you, it was amazing to fight you and alongside you in the 2012 crashwar

Definetly set a new standard in clanning with the ''cyan: Sol'' Spam and it was just great

All the beef the irl stuff... man 🙂