RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

On 9/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, Lavigne said:

How old were you when you led RSD? RSD always came across to me as a very mature clan in and out of the game, and I remember FAing aged 16 and being advised my age was an issue but I would be given the chance to be seen as someone mature enough regardless of the number, something I always appreciated.

What are any regretful decisions you made or were a part of as an RSD official?

What were the original RSD requirements? I remember DI's old HP requirement but by the time I joined RSD it was just combat (I think 122?)

How was your honor code in comparison with DIs?

Who were RSD's best Mage Bank PKers post-Desert Treasure and why?

@RSD 

How old were you when you led RSD?

Co Leader between 17 and 19, Leader 19 to 22.

What are any regretful decisions you made or were a part of as an RSD official?

No major regrets spring to mind.  There would no doubt have been a lot of regretful smaller decisions week in/week out, but I don't regret any key decisions around strategy or the direction that RSD took over the years.

What were the original RSD requirements? I remember DI's old HP requirement but by the time I joined RSD it was just combat (I think 122?)

It changed a lot over the years.  In 2001 it was probably very low and it would have included some sort of skilling requirement routes to membership.  I'd be interested to know what our requirements were when we reopened in 2005.  I don't remember.  I had a quick Google and couldn't find anything.

How was your honor code in comparison with DIs?

In terms of in-game behaviour very similar.  The game changed rapidly (I remember when things such as "pile jumping" were considered dishonourable) and generally the RSD rules on things such as "logging" and "praying 1 vs 1 in single" were on a par with DI.  The rest of the clan world's standards were usually somewhat lower.  RSD conducted ourselves more honourably/respectfully outside of the game. 

Who were RSD's best Mage Bank PKers post-Desert Treasure and why?

To be totally honest I don't remember how Desert Treasure changed Mage Bank PKing.  Peak Mage Bank era (I'd say 2004/5) is a long time ago!

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 3:42 AM, True 2k8 said:

@Icedrop - What kind of power abusing did you do on Zybez? How do you use your status to manipulate things in favor of RSD?

I wouldn't say I abused any "Zybez power".  I had a reasonable amount of influence/my input on Clan Discussion decisions was often sought, but I was ultimately just one voice.

I would say that my opinion on various discussions around the direction of the Clan Discussion section was always made on the basis of what I thought was best for the clan world, rather than what was best for Zybez itself (e.g. driving traffic towards the forums).  That was almost certainly at odds with what some people running Zybez wanted.  Inevitably what I considered to be best for the clan world would almost always overlap with what would be best for RSD, so I didn't see that there was a conflict at all.

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 3:45 AM, RagingPanda said:

@Icedrop @Bow @LivinLarge21

How does it feel to be a Jagex Cup Champ? 

If you guy could bring RSD back to OSRS  would you? 

What led to the closure of RSD? If you had the choice would you have kept the clan open? 

Did you guys have any spies in any clans? 

How does it feel to be a Jagex Cup Champ?

It was a great achievement for RSD and it felt good!

If you guy could bring RSD back to OSRS would you? 

Not for me.  I don't have time and wouldn't be interested. 

What led to the closure of RSD? If you had the choice would you have kept the clan open?

It was ultimately Bow's decision as leader at the time, but I recall that he consulted various people including former leaders at the time.  I can't recall specifics, but I agreed that it was the right timing/decision.

Did you guys have any spies in any clans?

Yes, although not until perhaps something like 2007/8.  We had historically been against it when every other clan/rival had used them which put us at a bit of a disadvantage.  We never had too many though - the focus was always on bettering ourselves rather than trying too hard to meddle with or check in on our rivals.

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 3:47 AM, True 2k8 said:

Have you ever lowkey doxxed anyone? Even for non-malicious reasons?

Have you ever hacked anybody on RS? Scammed anyone? 

No and no.  I would never consider doing either.

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 3:53 AM, True 2k8 said:

@Icedrop @Bow

What was your least favorite things about each others leading styles?

Difficult question given that I was retired for Bow's stint as leader, albeit I was generally about.  Perhaps Bow was a bit more formal in his approach/style with things discussed in detail on leader forums, whereas back in the day I would have discussed things/thrashed out ideas over a Teamspeak discussion alone.  That might have just been the people around at those times though (e.g. F1r3o/etc).

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 3:57 AM, Hat said:

@all three most favorite moment of being in RSD can be event, hanging out on TS, IRC, a fight, post fight etc

Not sure I would single out one moment.  Generally my favourite times were the big Saturday night fights after a few days of build-up and preparation.  I also loved chilling out on Teamspeak - impromptu smaller PK trips, boss hunting, and playing some other non-RS games.

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 4:00 AM, Flukejiver said:

@Icedrop did you ever delete RSD member posts on zybez?

I think I was officially not supposed to, with the exception being if nobody else was online to moderate/tackle those posts.  I probably did rely on that exception on occasions when I should have left it to somebody else.

==ice==

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 5:20 AM, True 2k8 said:

What are some things you wanted to do with RSD that you never got to do?

If RSD never existed, what clan do you think you would have vibed with best during your peak RS activity?

Most overrated clan in RS history? 

What are some things you wanted to do with RSD that you never got to do?

I'd have loved to have had more full scale P2P wars, particularly before the age of barrages etc.  Unfortunately few clans bothered with P2P, even back in 2004/5.  Looking back, arranging some huge 2 vs 2 fights with multiple clans could also have been something a bit different and fun.

If RSD never existed, what clan do you think you would have vibed with best during your peak RS activity?

Probably DI, although I'd like to think that I'd have helped to shape it and put some of my influence in to it in the way that I was able to with RSD.

Most overrated clan in RS history?

Perhaps DS?  I think they closed prematurely and they would not have kept up momentum had they stayed open.  I think they were worshipped for far too long after they closed.  That said, they are somewhat forgotten these days.  I was also never impressed by EoS.

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 11:26 AM, Pietru said:

What were some of the weakest points in RSD history in each of your opinions?

Second half of 2006 - as mentioned in the intro, we got to the point where the dual skill/PK aspect to the clan was always going to hold us back in the PKRI era where the expectation was to be active in the wilderness and return in fights.  In previous years a member could get by turning up for the occasional war.  We were already in a little bit of a spiral and then everybody was pretty much made to reapply which dented our numbers we had even further.  We were left with a really solid core of members that set us up well for regrowth, but that is the weakest I think we have ever been (at least from 2003 onwards).

I'm unsure on exact timings, but at some point in 2008 we were struggling after the removal of the wilderness.  That had caused a lot of members to lose interest in the game and the clan to lose a lot of momentum that we had built up in 2007.  We went on a bit of a recruitment drive and gradually got back up to strength, which was boosted when proper PKRIs were made possible again.

==ice==

Edited by Icedrop

On 9/20/2020 at 2:40 PM, Tika191 said:

Who was the worse member - drinkndrive5 or superkev360?

Superkev360.  I can't remember what it was, but he either did something bad, was a trouble maker, or did something to annoy me.

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, dnd5 said:

Is there anyone you regretted ranking?

is there anyone you think would have been a good rank but never got the opportunity?

Is there anyone you regretted ranking?

As indicated in my earlier post, Hohto.  There were various members that we promoted over the years that just didn't really do much or seize the opportunity to excel in a rank, but I wouldn't say that many were actively bad.

Is there anyone you think would have been a good rank but never got the opportunity?

Similar to a previous question I answered.  Nobody really springs to mind.  There are probably some that were in RSD for a shorter period of time that could have been good and would have stayed in the clan had they been promoted/hooked in, but people tended to have to wait their turn (which they usually got eventually, hence few members never getting an opportunity).

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 6:10 PM, Tubman said:

Do you think that RSD would of survived if you remained as a skill/pk clan? 

Yes, but we would have probably dwindled and ended up like some old/forgotten giants like Gladz/'The' Clan/etc.

==ice==

On 9/21/2020 at 3:16 AM, True 2k8 said:

Who would you say were the worst PK Leaders/callers (not Trial) in RSD's history?

Rogers1182, Gzusfrk4lf, Lilflip1820, Laizan Jr (sorry if any of you are reading!)

==ice==

• sus 1

On 9/21/2020 at 3:43 AM, Vanuckle said:

Who were your favourite and least favourite ranks in opposing clans to deal with?

What were some of your favourite clans to beat?

What did you think of EH and when they closed, what are your memories of some of the members who went on to join RSD?

Who were your favourite and least favourite ranks in opposing clans to deal with?

Few stood out.  I used to keep things pretty short and simple dealing with other clans. Perhaps 3lite and Ghjjf (neither messed about, tried to play games, and both were reasonable about times/rules/etc).  I recall it being a bit of a pain trying to get a hold of Bishinmo and at times I think the final say had to go via him.  VR/EoS could be a pain to try and speak to.

What were some of your favourite clans to beat?

Victories against DI in the earlier years (2006 and earlier) were always great.  It was good to beat TT in the ~2009/2010 era when they were at or around their peak.  For other clans it varied from time to time - usually the most rewarding victories were the ones against opponents deemed to be the strongest or the ones against our closest rivals.

What did you think of EH and when they closed, what are your memories of some of the members who went on to join RSD?

I never had any issues with EH and I think they were a well run clan and a good opponent for RSD when the relative strength of us/them allowed it.  It was a shame to see that they closed.  Given that EH and RSD had certain similarities and shared certain values it did not surprise me that a number of former EH applied to RSD.  I remember Lil Blaknite being a great member and one of the best/most persistent binders about (he certainly never gave up when I sniped him vs EH!).

==ice==