RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

@Bow @Icedrop

What do you think of the fights between RSD/TT during the years of 2009-2011? Also @Bow there was a specific fight where TT was getting heavily crashed by VR and we approached you, asking you to stop and you didn't. It was a very odd thing from RSD to do (you ended up losing that fight). Why? We always had clean and respectable fights, but that one you decided to rebel against your own codes. 

It's 2020. I don't really care or hold grudges, but it's still something I remember shocking me back then. Ty for doing this btw ? 

Q2Qhkdy.png

7 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@ all 

What is the most "NH" thing you did as leader? Or even something you allowed to happen? If nothing, what have you been tempted to do? Have you ever coordinated your fights to be crashed?

How do you feel like you stood compared the other leaders in your era? What other leaders did you feel like were "overrated"?

How do you want to be remembered? 

I think I may have crashed a fight once or twice when I was a member and it was still considered less severe.  Once ranked I never did.   I never coordinated or was a part of antics that had happened though, often I would have loved to avoid them all together.  

I never compared myself to anyone else.  I wanted to be as successful as Livin was early on and bring that kind of greatness back to RSD.  I felt like I was able to do that but only because of the people who I surrounded myself with and putting the faith in the members to carry out their part of the responsibilities.  I never understood how most people got to where they did, like you did in DF.  But people like you so I guess that explains itself.  

Honestly, I'd rather people forgot about me.  I just did what needed to be done.  

• sus 1

6 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

who and when lmfao

It was in 2005 and I don't remember their full rsn, it was Sammie#s something.  Nothing scandalous, just thought I could trust them to not run off with a hat.  

1 minute ago, MILAD said:

@Bow @Icedrop

What do you think of the fights between RSD/TT during the years of 2009-2011? Also @Bow there was a specific fight where TT was getting heavily crashed by VR and we approached you, asking you to stop and you didn't. It was a very odd thing from RSD to do (you ended up losing that fight). Why? We always had clean and respectable fights, but that one you decided to rebel against your own codes. 

It's 2020. I don't really care or hold grudges, but it's still something I remember shocking me back then. Ty for doing this btw ? 

Best fights hands down, only ones I truly looked forward to for a challenge.  No one else could bring out the best in us.  

There were a couple fights in a row that were filled with nonsense, that one especially.   It had little to do with code and everything to do with being tired of time being wasted chasing a handful of people around.  We were given intel on VR and DK's whereabouts and at the time the consensus was it didn't justify the repeated stoppage.  People were growing impatient and decisions were made.  It happened to us in return when RoT closed to mass join TT, at the end of the day, Shit happens.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bow said:

Best fights hands down, only ones I truly looked forward to for a challenge.  No one else could bring out the best in us.  

There were a couple fights in a row that were filled with nonsense, that one especially.   It had little to do with code and everything to do with being tired of time being wasted chasing a handful of people around.  We were given intel on VR and DK's whereabouts and at the time the consensus was it didn't justify the repeated stoppage.  People were growing impatient and decisions were made.  It happened to us in return when RoT closed to mass join TT, at the end of the day, Shit happens.  

Fair enough ?

Edited by MILAD

Q2Qhkdy.png

14 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

What official do you respect the most/least from these clans:

VR

DF

DI - Brian

EH - Islamia

TT - Kezzab Reds

EOS 

COR - Andy3409

@Icedrop

During the 2008-2009 period, I considered you to be one of the leaders in the clan world with the best tactical abilities.  You were very calculated and rational regarding the fight decisions you made.  I could see it as being a double edged sword.  It could be a positive because setting up favorable fights that are more likely to result in victory could mean improving morale within your clan and (perhaps) increased interest from members in the community for recruitment.  However, being selective about planning fights would often result in greater difficulty in ensuring a fight each weekend.  Often other very active clans, such as EoS or VR, would pressure clans for fights that were most advantageous to them (e.g., weekday, low prep, or odd hours) and try to anger other clans on forums into making a poor tactical decision.  It could probably be frustrating to the average RSD member to see EoS or VR flaming on forums and RSD leadership not be willing to engage them on a whim.

Did you ever get much backlash, either from individual members or collective groups of members, for the tactical decisions you made?

@LivinLarge21

A very random question.  My first ever P2P pk trip was when I was in Gladiatorz and RSD invited me to join them for a P2P trip.  It was probably around 2004 and I remember that we killed Bigaboys at red dragons for ranger boots.  It sparked a response from DI leading to a PKRI and I remembered my 15 year old self thinking about how different the operating of RSD and Gladz was.  At the time, Gladz was so solely focused on warring, they didn't really have PKRIs.  Do you remember that trip?

A follow up, what do you think was the catalyst that caused such a different approach to the transition from RSC to RS2 across clans?  We saw some powerhouses from RSC (the alliance clans) become so focused on warring that they were unable to adapt to a changing clan world.  We saw some (e.g., Exercitium) try to adapt, but ultimately have quite short life spans, despite sizable memberbases.  Lastly, RSD, DS, and DI helped to pave the road to what the clan world would eventually become with longer and longer PKRIs.  My take is that it was a combination of rivalry, clans wanting to be the best at any cost, and increased ability to afford rune in battles.  Would you agree (and if so, which of those would you think contributed to the greatest degree)?  If you disagree, what is your take?

Edited by 3lite

7R85FSe.png

How old were you when you led RSD? RSD always came across to me as a very mature clan in and out of the game, and I remember FAing aged 16 and being advised my age was an issue but I would be given the chance to be seen as someone mature enough regardless of the number, something I always appreciated.

What are any regretful decisions you made or were a part of as an RSD official?

What were the original RSD requirements? I remember DI's old HP requirement but by the time I joined RSD it was just combat (I think 122?)

How was your honor code in comparison with DIs?

Who were RSD's best Mage Bank PKers post-Desert Treasure and why?

@RSD 

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

@Icedrop @Bow @LivinLarge21

How does it feel to be a Jagex Cup Champ? 

If you guy could bring RSD back to OSRS  would you? 

What led to the closure of RSD? If you had the choice would you have kept the clan open? 

Did you guys have any spies in any clans? 

Edited by RagingPanda

imageproxy.png

DEkDNzZ.gif

LkcsY.gif
i1a4jjh.gif
nfVcZsC.gif
cO9INAK.gif