RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

What are some things you wanted to do with RSD that you never got to do?

If RSD never existed, what clan do you think you would have vibed with best during your peak RS activity?

Most overrated clan in RS history? 

aUBwTQ1.png

@Bow - Going from nominated >co leader > Leader. with the "didn't expect getting it/no one did" Did that force you to step up/enjoy the game again? Or was it more so "I'm happy to keep playing the game the same way?" or did it force you to change how you played / led.

It’s always who built the pyramids and never how are the pyramids ? 

giphy.webp

Leader / Founder at: 

https://discord.gg/zUkKbwF3zW

~ Clans & Teams ~

Clans:

Satan's Men | Sorrow of Knights | Chivalry Legion | Australian Army | The Neggas Clan | Anarchy | Prodigy | KCR | The Migrants | Agony | TuF | Infliction | Ronin | Damage Incorporated | Violent Resolution | Divine Forces | Chivalry Legion 2.0 | Divine Kings | Cutthroat | Currently Chivalry Legion |

Teams: 

Hitsquad - Founder / Leader - Retired/Left

Ayuda/CommunityPk - Officer/Council (Yeah, I did that) 

Bad Intention - Warlord (Closed)

Team X - Moderator (Closed)

11 hours ago, LivinLarge21 said:

Always had the respect for him for what he accomplished with DI.  But at the same time I think he let quite a few do as they pleased and didn't care of the aftermath.  Also believe he wanted to win so badly, some not so admiral things were done on his end.  I will leave it at that.

I always had respect for you too and you being a few years older than me and added of me in terms of experience I tried to model my actions on yours. I wouldn't say I had a "win at all costs" mentality especially compared to what clans did later on, but some of the out of game stuff I did along with Ekaggen was certainly "below the belt".

Edited by Brian

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

@LivinLarge21

- What happened between you and Dravenstormn?  I remember sometime in 05 or 06 he would constantly rag on you on forums for hacking and screwing him over with his girlfriend or something, he tried joining DI vowing to "destroy the clan he created" etc.  How much did Draven actually put into RSD and what happened there

11 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

@ all 

What is the most "NH" thing you did as leader? Or even something you allowed to happen? If nothing, what have you been tempted to do? Have you ever coordinated your fights to be crashed?

How do you feel like you stood compared the other leaders in your era? What other leaders did you feel like were "overrated"?

How do you want to be remembered? 

I can't recall a specific time where I did or allowed something that was considered 'NH'.  Not saying I haven't, just nothing comes to mind.  I am sure some mistakes were made at times, as we are human.  I do recall one instance of a few individuals trying to give me information on DI prior to a war we had, such as their tactics, that I 'thought' about accepting but eventually turned down.

I honestly never paid much attention to what other leaders of other clans did, I focused on RSD only and our goals.  I couldn't even tell you who the leaders of the other clans were, besides DI, as RSD had the most interaction with DI.  If I saw the name, then I could probably tell you what clan they led, I delegated a lot of the clan interactions to other officials (setting up wars, events etc.).  I usually only got involved if needed. 

I feel I stood above majority of the other leaders in my time, it was evident due to the nature of what people knew RSD stood for and our sheer strength and will.  Near my latter years (2007), I wasn't dedicating as much time as I wanted to, so there were times where RSD wasn't at it's best.  But there was still a great core that was capable of doing what was needed.  I feel like most leaders (including myself) are overrated.  It is the other officials and clan members that make a clan great, leader only points them in the direction.

I don't care if I am ever remembered TBH, just that RSD will always be considered a #5 clan of all time.  Because if you don't think so, then I feel you are very misinformed and never experience the RSD during its time.

10 hours ago, 3lite said:

@LivinLarge21

A very random question.  My first ever P2P pk trip was when I was in Gladiatorz and RSD invited me to join them for a P2P trip.  It was probably around 2004 and I remember that we killed Bigaboys at red dragons for ranger boots.  It sparked a response from DI leading to a PKRI and I remembered my 15 year old self thinking about how different the operating of RSD and Gladz was.  At the time, Gladz was so solely focused on warring, they didn't really have PKRIs.  Do you remember that trip?

A follow up, what do you think was the catalyst that caused such a different approach to the transition from RSC to RS2 across clans?  We saw some powerhouses from RSC (the alliance clans) become so focused on warring that they were unable to adapt to a changing clan world.  We saw some (e.g., Exercitium) try to adapt, but ultimately have quite short life spans, despite sizable memberbases.  Lastly, RSD, DS, and DI helped to pave the road to what the clan world would eventually become with longer and longer PKRIs.  My take is that it was a combination of rivalry, clans wanting to be the best at any cost, and increased ability to afford rune in battles.  Would you agree (and if so, which of those would you think contributed to the greatest degree)?  If you disagree, what is your take?

Yes I do recall the PKRI after we killed Bigaboys.  That happened a lot in those days, kill a member of another clan, 10 mins later you would have a mini battle between both clans.  Those imo were the best and most fun days.

I think what might have caused a lot of clans to not transition to RS2 very well, was the multi areas in the wilderness.  It was a huge change from RSC to RS2 and I think a lot just gave up too easily.  I personally never enjoyed the long PKRIs, at times they got way too long, this might also be a reason some clans didn't last long.  But yes, I believe you hit the nail on the head with your opinion of rivalries and being able to afford items and wanting to be the 'best'.  There were times where we attempted to work with the other clans to have a set time tables on wars and some of the PKRIs that just took too long.

10 hours ago, Lavigne said:

How old were you when you led RSD? RSD always came across to me as a very mature clan in and out of the game, and I remember FAing aged 16 and being advised my age was an issue but I would be given the chance to be seen as someone mature enough regardless of the number, something I always appreciated.

What are any regretful decisions you made or were a part of as an RSD official?

What were the original RSD requirements? I remember DI's old HP requirement but by the time I joined RSD it was just combat (I think 122?)

How was your honor code in comparison with DIs?

Who were RSD's best Mage Bank PKers post-Desert Treasure and why?

@RSD 

I was 21 when I started leading.  I was in the military as well which is probably what caused the maturity level to be higher than my actual age and I wanted to instill that into RSD as well.

Biggest regret was closing RSD for the first time in 2004, doing this completely shifted the clan world, as RSD was on top when I closed it.

Our requirements shifted, but they were high.  I believe in RSC days they were combat 110, RS2 and beyond 120? Looks right, but I can't say with certainty though.  There were other type of skill requirements as well.  Perhaps Icedrop can correct me if I am wrong.

RSD never purposely crashed wars, DI did.  DI at least during the RSC days were allowed to PK members if there was no official war or PKRI.  DI implemented spies, hacked forums and other things.  I will stop here as to not turn this into an RSD and DI thread.

Mage Bank PKers, that was so long ago, I can't give you names.  I know I practically was at the Mage Bank daily, so can I include myself lol?

10 hours ago, RagingPanda said:

@Icedrop @Bow @LivinLarge21

If you guy could bring RSD back to OSRS  would you? 

What led to the closure of RSD? If you had the choice would you have kept the clan open? 

Did you guys have any spies in any clans? 

If I had the time, the character leveled and the motivation, sure I would haha.

In 2004, I was spending far too much time on the game and I got burnt out, so I closed RSD on whim, with zero notice.  Yes I would have kept the clan opened, if I had just given it some more thought and not close it out of nowhere.

In 2008, I was finishing up college courses, had two little kids with a third on the way, I just couldn't dedicate the time required to be an effective leader, so I handed the reigns to Icedrop and walked away.

During my time, no spies were ever purposely implemented in other clans.  We did have individuals contact us occasionally to offer information, which I personally never accepted.

10 hours ago, Hat said:

@all three most favorite moment of being in RSD can be event, hanging out on TS, IRC, a fight, post fight etc

RSC Pking by far was my favorite with RSD, especially those MB PK's.  A lot of fun times, then RS2 came with multi wild and I never survived again lmao.

8 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

What are some things you wanted to do with RSD that you never got to do?

If RSD never existed, what clan do you think you would have vibed with best during your peak RS activity?

Most overrated clan in RS history? 

Would to have like to cement RSD more in the record books, but tbh, I think we did alright ?

If RSD never existed, hmm, maybe at the time I was playing, probably BK or Gladz, who knows I might have never joined a clan.

Most overrated? I always thought VR was a bit overrated, at times DI and DS too.