RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

Who were your favourite and least favourite ranks in opposing clans to deal with?

What were some of your favourite clans to beat?

What did you think of EH and when they closed, what are your memories of some of the members who went on to join RSD?

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

9 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Who would you say were the worst PK Leaders/callers (not Trial) in RSD's history?

Nickroo, Rogers1182, Joy when his internet was crap.

9 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Who were your favourite and least favourite ranks in opposing clans to deal with?

What were some of your favourite clans to beat?

What did you think of EH and when they closed, what are your memories of some of the members who went on to join RSD?

Favorite.. Kezzab, Islamia.  Least.. everyone else especially those who tried to threaten to get their way.  

49 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

@Bow

Were you guys ever convinced by the accusations I used to receive about IP leaking and other abuses of power?

Convinced? No.  Concerned early on, a little.  

• sus 1

@Bow You are a Twins fan?  Are you from MN?  If so, what part?  Would have been interesting to get together with a fellow person from the clan world.  Only one I ever met was Flinstoneman from DF.  

On 9/20/2020 at 12:24 AM, Ssj said:

One clan I've always admired- one of the few clans that NH shit was unheard/unseen of whilst I was around- and always held themselves well in public light.

- Most memorable/favourite fight?

- Longest RSD fight you've been a part of if not the same as above?

- If there's one thing you could've done differently as an official what would it be?

- If you could name 3 of your top non-officials members that come to mind during your eras who would they be?

Most memorable favourite fight:

Official war/non-returning - RSD vs DI 2004
PKRIs - None really stand out, but I really enjoyed one of our last PKRIs vs DF before the wilderness removal (14 hours/RSD victory/~December 2017).  I also enjoyed one of the fights vs VR when I think we started with ~120 people vs ~180 people and managed to win with >399 options.  We gradually broke them down and I think I was sniping the whole fight, which I always enjoyed.

Longest fight I was a part of:

I don't actually remember.  I was not able to be there for all of the 24 hour fight vs VR so I can't include that one.  I think there were various fights that lasted between 14 and 20 hours.

If there's one thing you could've done differently as an official what would it be?

I would get to know my enemies better and make more of a proactive effort to recruit/poach good members from rivals.  At times we took a bit of a passive approach to recruitment and assumed that good members would apply on their own accord or that existing members would recruit their friends.  A bit more of an aggressive approach could have got us some good additional members.

If you could name 3 of your top non-officials members that come to mind during your eras who would they be?

Tough question.  Generally the better members did get noticed and ended up holding a rank of sorts.  I have had a quick click through some of our old Runehead memberlists on the Way Back Machine (https://web.archive.org/web/20070801000000*/http://runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=rsdinasty in case anybody wants to take a look themself) to quickly find/throw up some names.  Dj Mochasins probably did hold one rank or another at some point during his time in the clan, but he was a good and longstanding member who could have perhaps been a PK Leader or even Co Leader.  H A 12 D was a bit of a maverick but a very good PKer and an asset on the battlefield in the earlier days.  Similar to Dj Mochasins, Beckham69 did hold ranks but spent a good amount of time unranked and was a very solid all round member and one of few Aussies in the clan.

==ice==

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 12:35 AM, True 2k8 said:

@ all

Top 5 PK Leaders you had?

Worst promotions you made? 

PK Leaders:

F1r3o, Vaggerbond, Lord Weasley, Godsmoke, Miner Cire.

Worst promotions:

Hohto.  He developed a bit of an unhealthy hate for the clan that resulted in him posting a rather strange "RSD Manifesto".  I am not sure he actually ever did anything once he was promoted.  A very odd character!

==ice==

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2020 at 12:44 AM, Victor said:

@RSD

1.What you guys think about the clan world nowdays? does it have any chance of being something better then that shit?

2.Would you guys play in a clan again or rebuild/reopen RSD?

3.What you guys think about this RoT domminance? most exactly about their "we do everything to win, including DDoS, Doxing, hacking,etc." posture. 

What you guys think about the clan world nowdays? does it have any chance of being something better then that shit?

To be honest, I completely stopped tracking it or even checking in for the past few years.  It is only now that Discord has become a thing and since I have been directed to these forums that I even became aware that people were still about.  I see that there are some fights taking place, so I'm impressed that there is still something there at all.  I guess it'll never be back to what it used to be like though, or anywhere near.

Would you guys play in a clan again or rebuild/reopen RSD?

I wouldn't have anywhere near enough time.  I am days behind just responding to posts here!  If somebody let me on their account I'd join a fight for old time's sake!

What you guys think about this RoT dominance? most exactly about their "we do everything to win, including DDoS, Doxing, hacking,etc." posture.

A win through those means has always been a dirty win that wouldn't gain any respect from me.  Even less so if they feel the need to do that kind of thing to win in a clan world where most of the other good clans have closed and are long gone.   They never had the raw quality to win fights on merits alone when I was still active and they always had to resort to underhand tactics to become relevant.  It looks like not much has changed.

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 12:49 AM, Venenatis said:

@ all

If RSD opened today how would you adapt to the current scene? Who would be your ideal staff team from the entire rsd ml?

Given that I am not really up to speed with the current scene, it is hard to go into too many specifics.  Generally I would say:

- We would do both F2P and P2P
- We would focus on attracting quality/elite members who actively contribute on the battlefield and to the community off the battlefield
- Given that everyone is a lot older and has different priorities in life, to the extent possible we would limit the length of PKRIs/fights even if it meant sacrificing technical victories based on last man standing
- Leaders would be Livin, Bow, me (perhaps a 3 full leader structure to split the burden, rather than the traditional co-leader structure).
- PK leaders would be Lord Weasley, F1r3o, Vaggerbond, Miner Cire, Godsmoke as PK Leaders (per my top 5 in response to a previous question)
- Mr 800, Carlos Dx, Bclayj2 as RSD Court/additional advisors

I probably missed out some key people that we would want in the ranks, but I just went with what came in to my head first.

==ice==

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 1:34 AM, dnd5 said:

@Icedrop

Did you and your brother ever get along outside of RSD?

Why did you love risk so much?

Did you and your brother ever get along outside of RSD?

I get on fine with my brother.  We are quite different people and live in different towns/cities so I don't see him too much these days, but it is always good to catch up over the holidays and around birthday times.

Why did you love risk so much?

It is the best board game!  I loved a session/team game with fellow RSD members.

==ice==

@Bow / @Icedrop

What can you tell me about Godsmoke? As someone who didn't join RSD this guy is like an enigma to me. Also, I remember him getting Leader with Bow but quickly stepped down to member and then did the Trial PK Leader -> PK Leader thing again. What can you tell us about that?

aUBwTQ1.png