RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

To all: How did you all find spies / figure out spies? Favorite person to kick? Favorite person that was promoted?
@Bow: Why did you think I was a spy? Was it because of @True 2k8 ?
@Bow: How did it feel having me join at 110 combat and progressing my combat as slow as a turtle :HAT: 

• Like 1

Tempest-CST-Sig.png

25 minutes ago, Ammastus said:

What % of the clan we're actually boomers at the time

Define boomer....

I think our members were a bit older than those at other clans, but we are probably talking people typically in the 18-22 range rather than 14-18 range.  We did some some 30+ year old members, but we are talking a minority.

==ice==

28 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@ all: Thoughts on Ghjjf? ?

Always had the respect for him for what he accomplished with DI.  But at the same time I think he let quite a few do as they pleased and didn't care of the aftermath.  Also believe he wanted to win so badly, some not so admiral things were done on his end.  I will leave it at that.

@RSD

1.What you guys think about the clan world nowdays? does it have any chance of being something better then that shit?

2.Would you guys play in a clan again or rebuild/reopen RSD?

3.What you guys think about this RoT domminance? most exactly about their "we do everything to win, including DDoS, Doxing, hacking,etc." posture. 

fBUa3oi.png

24 minutes ago, Rclav said:

@rsd What was your most memorable banning/striking moment of a member or members that you had to deal with? 

You guys ran a tight and disciplined ship in RSD, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and truly appreciate the connections I made in that clan. 

Truth be told, none stand out to me.  I was probably involved in the striking/kicking of 100+ people, but no individual one stands out.  I think that is a good thing.  It was never anything personal.  We had rules and punishments and those had to be upheld and applied in a pretty strict fashion.  Of course two offences are never the same, but you really couldn't let the decisions be emotional.  Often I'd consider the people being striked or kicked a friend, but I don't think it ever led to any falling outs or hard feeling.  People knew that we had rules and that those rules would be applied so it never came at much of a surprise to somebody when they were punished.

Glad that you had a great experience with RSD!  I remember you being a solid member.

==ice==

5 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@ all

Top 5 PK Leaders you had?

Worst promotions you made? 

@Bow a question specific to you -- XL Frozen (I think he had that Court rank) always flaunted in DF that he was "close" to being promoted to Co-Leader of RSD. How true is this? He mentioned this enough to become basically a meme for a few years and we've always wondered since he seemed a little out there.

F1r3o, Miner Cire, Scythe355, Godsmoke, Scotty Dont.  

D156/Scotty - Both great guys and people loved them, but damn the baggage they came with as far as drama.  Props to scotty on never spending a single gp on funding his own 99 farming.  

Alex was never in any serious consideration for any promotion beyond Court.  My memory fogs a little but I remember there being some kind of dispute to where he ended up retiring over.    

10 minutes ago, Hat said:

To all: How did you all find spies / figure out spies? Favorite person to kick? Favorite person that was promoted?
@Bow: Why did you think I was a spy? Was it because of @True 2k8 ?
@Bow: How did it feel having me join at 110 combat and progressing my combat as slow as a turtle :HAT: 

If you were a spy, it would have been because you wore a fedora.  Honestly who does that at your age and isn't shady as hell.

You still trained faster than Raji did.  

• honk 1

24 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

For all:  Who do you consider as some of the more influential and important members throughout the years?

I could stare at old memberlists and ponder this one for a long time, but F1r3o / Vaggerbond and Lord Weasley / Mr 800 came to mind when I first read this.  I group them like that because both the pairings are brothers in real life.  During my time as Co-Leader and Leader both were very influential and important to the clan.  For me, F1r3o was the best caller that RSD ever had and we really raised our game when he was calling.  He was also very intelligent and did a lot for a clan behind the scenes.  Although not a caller at PKRIs/etc, Mr 800 put in a great shift as Co Leader in 2007 and is often a forgotten name/character in the history of RSD.  Vaggerbond and Lord Weasley were big characters and great callers too.

==ice==

38 minutes ago, Rclav said:

@rsd What was your most memorable banning/striking moment of a member or members that you had to deal with? 

Not many stick out, it was never a memorable moment having to kick someone from the clan.  However, one person by the name of 'Bigaboys' was kicked as he just didn't want to follow the PKing rules.  This lead him to create, what some of you may know as 'Damage Inc.' lol.

• sus 1

33 minutes ago, Rclav said:

You guys ran a tight and disciplined ship in RSD, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and truly appreciate the connections I made in that clan. 

There was a lot of controversy around removing iHockey/D156 and ending as much drama between those two groups of friends as possible.  It put a lot of tension around people but in the end it was always the right decision.  Rules were rules.  By in large people were pretty mild and it was a bunch of petty crap, not a lot of notables.  

25 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@Bow

What were your thoughts on on 2011-2012 DF? 

What was your approach to EOC? Do you regret it? Do you have any regret about RSD not making it to OSRS?

Its hard to say, we chased you around the wild forcing you to go code red more often than not.  We didn't really fight much in the last two to three years because of the crash war the entire clan world was so obsessively involved in.  

The approach to EoC was exactly what we needed to do.  We took on fights, did practices and pushed onward with it.  I personally hated it and it was hard to get ranks onboard to motivate members as well.  A lot of people quit and many more retired in the months after it was announced, as expected.  If anything it compounded the way the game and especially the clan world was already headed towards.  It wasn't sustainable and it zapped the energy out of the majority of the members.  

I don't regret RSD not making it to OSRS, it wasn't even a realistic option at the time.  I looked at OSRS as a new start for people who wanted to keep playing or a means to an end for others.  To start off it was a temporary relief that there was no guarantee that it was going to last either.  But in hindsight nostalgia kicked in for thousands of people and Jagex realized it was a necessary money move to keep their company afloat and capitalized.  I've never stopped playing and I will never regret not forcing RSD into OSRS.  

• Like 1