RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

10 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

@Bow have you ever leaked any IP's from RSC

@Bow @Icedrop - What kind of power abusing did you do on Zybez? How do you use your status to manipulate things in favor of RSD?

No and the thought never crossed my mind.  I'd say the most power abusing thing I did was delete some really stupid posts by RSD members and often opponents when no one else was on to take care of them.  Everything else I tried to stay out of if it involved RSD.   

10 hours ago, RagingPanda said:

@Icedrop @Bow @LivinLarge21

How does it feel to be a Jagex Cup Champ? 

If you guy could bring RSD back to OSRS  would you? 

What led to the closure of RSD? If you had the choice would you have kept the clan open? 

Did you guys have any spies in any clans? 

Felt pretty good, which is why we did it multiple times.  It was definitely better than all the CJ tournaments we won.  

I would not bring it back.  The timing was right to close, people were losing interest and the game had gone stale.  Less people playing for the enjoyment of it and more of a chore and that was not healthy.  Combine that with a very lackluster clan world and outlook at the time and it was closed down. 

I never personally had a spy, more often than not it was disgruntled members who just wanted to share information for whatever reason.  They never wanted anything in return. 

Have you ever lowkey doxxed anyone? Even for non-malicious reasons?

Have you ever hacked anybody on RS? Scammed anyone? 

@Bow Did you ever strike out lurking on some cute RSD chicks?

@Bow did you smash phoenyxx

I never doxxed anyone.  Sure I looked into a brief overview of peoples clan histories and account histories if there was any selling or sharing that could be found but thats it.  

Never hacked, never scammed.

I don't remember ever lurking on RSD members.  No, never met her.  

@Icedrop @Bow

What was your least favorite things about each others leading styles?

Least favorite?  There were times it was hard to get him to focus and would be hit with the most random comments, gifs, videos, and whatever else when you were trying to have a serious conversation.  Most of the time though alcohol was involved so that was probably my mistake.  

• hash 1

2 hours ago, Echliurn said:

@LivinLarge21

- What happened between you and Dravenstormn?  I remember sometime in 05 or 06 he would constantly rag on you on forums for hacking and screwing him over with his girlfriend or something, he tried joining DI vowing to "destroy the clan he created" etc.  How much did Draven actually put into RSD and what happened there

Oh this is a fun one.  This guy was a lose cannon to say the least.

So the story goes (short version).  Dravenstormn and Needamaid ended up e-dating or whatever you call it on RS.  She gave him a lot of her stuff as he was always begging for shit.  I was good friends with both, at least I thought I was.  Anyways, as Dravenstormn does and has done on multiple occasions, he just stopped logging in.  He was probably in jail lol.  Months had past and no Dravenstormn, so Needamaid came begging to me to help her get her stuff back, after hours of begging, I finally said fine.  She gave me his account information and I logged in and gave her, her items back (based on what she told me). It honestly wasn't all that much, some runes, pots, and maybe a few armor sets.  Also, she pulled this same shit with Rem0xing who was the old co-leader, so apparently he did the same thing I did.  Who knows who else she got involved, to clean out his bank.  That was that, so I thought.

Maybe a year or two later, Draven is contacting me asking why I "hacked" him.  Needamaid had stopped playing by this time.  So apparently, they rekindled their relationship (don't know if it was online thing or actually in person), anyways apparently she told him that I hacked his account and took all his stuff, lol.  So I attempted to explain to him what happened, apologized because I shouldn't have helped her to only get back stabbed.  I ended up giving him quite a lot to try to make amends on my actions.

Only thing that should be mentioned with RSD and Dravenstormn, was he created it.  He was not dedicated to the clan, he didn't give a shit tbh.  If I hadn't taken over when I did, there would be no RSD.

9 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

What are some things you wanted to do with RSD that you never got to do?

If RSD never existed, what clan do you think you would have vibed with best during your peak RS activity?

Most overrated clan in RS history? 

I always thought the idea of an actual real life meet up with a larger group of members would have been worthwhile.  It would been interesting to see how personalities would have meshed.  Everything game wise I feel like we accomplished however.

If RSD didn't exist then DI wouldn't have existed and they were likely would have been the second choice.  Maybe Titans but their unwillingness to p2p pk would have been terrible.  The rest of the clans I don't know if I could have stomached the average ages.  I could have seen myself finding a smaller clan and just hanging out just the same.  

VR, definitely.  

5 hours ago, Andy said:

@Bow - Going from nominated >co leader > Leader. with the "didn't expect getting it/no one did" Did that force you to step up/enjoy the game again? Or was it more so "I'm happy to keep playing the game the same way?" or did it force you to change how you played / led.

Honestly not a lot changed for me.  I always was fairly vocal in my opinions, suggestions, and wanting the clan to succeed.  I just didn't do it from a rank role.  I thought the entire thing was a joke to begin with and I believe I may have even told Icedrop to stop messing with me.  I didn't have to change a whole lot, I continued to play the game as much as I always did, if anything it elevated me because I played alongside with the active members and got to gain that level of respect with them.  I was always present. The one thing it did change was I did withdraw from some closer friendships to keep my impartiality when it came to clan decisions.  It kind of sucked on some level but at the time I felt it was necessary to lead appropriately.  I would have liked to have found a better balance, lost touch with a lot of awesome people since.  

4 hours ago, Brian said:

You should ask our mutual friend.

Alright, I will hunt them down.  Her, correct? 

3 hours ago, Pietru said:

What were some of the weakest points in RSD history in each of your opinions?

I would have to say the lowest point was when RSD went to being a p2p pk only clan in early 07 and lost a ridiculous amount of members in that transition.  I get the reasoning behind it and such but it really took a toll and a reality check.  Luckily the course corrected and the rest is history.  Other than that, there was a fight in bounty hunter where RoT basically demolished our entire fall in in a barrage pile in a few minutes, that was hard to stomach.  Luckily it didn't have any long term effects, it was just embarrassing.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bow said:

Other than that, there was a fight in bounty hunter where RoT basically demolished our entire fall in in a barrage pile in a few minutes, that was hard to stomach.  Luckily it didn't have any long term effects, it was just embarrassing.  

You gotta say though, things like that do happen to the best of everyone, glad you managed to shake it off though

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

7 minutes ago, dnd5 said:

@Bow what did you think about rsd spare unit crashing and why was no action ever taken against those involved?

It pissed me off.  There were a lot of people strike over crashing over the years when they were caught.  

Of the one notable occurrence that it happened I was extremely pissed, I don't think I could even talk to the people involved for a day.  Less annoyed that people did it but more about it involving 20 members including co leaders and a multitude of ranks who outright lied about doing it to me.  

5 hours ago, dnd5 said:

Is there anyone you regretted ranking?

is there anyone you think would have been a good rank but never got the opportunity?

Probably Aragon.  It became a complete joke to the members.  

Not sure on the other, its hard to say because I feel most people were ranked that wanted to be and deserved to be in time through their commitment.  

3 hours ago, Tubman said:

Do you think that RSD would of survived if you remained as a skill/pk clan? 

Yes.  Only clan of its size to manage the ability to do both over the years.  It was part of the foundation and rooted in the community. 

3 hours ago, Diglett said:

@Bow Will the Twins finally beat the Yankees in the playoffs?

I have hope.   Yankees are coming off injuries and peaking and the Twins are still up and down with pitching, and a few injuries ourselves.   Same old shit different year.