RSD Leadership AMA - LivinLarge21, Icedrop, Bowhunter65

LivinLarge21

On 9/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, Tubman said:

Do you think that RSD would of survived if you remained as a skill/pk clan? 

Absolutely, majority of RSDs years were a split between the two, more so the PK side.  But everyone pitched in for the most part.

7 hours ago, Xero said:

@Bow You are a Twins fan?  Are you from MN?  If so, what part?  Would have been interesting to get together with a fellow person from the clan world.  Only one I ever met was Flinstoneman from DF.  

I am a Twins fan to a fault.  I am not from MN.

6 hours ago, Scleritis said:

@Bow thoughts on the legend that is Pt37?

If you hit him, you better be prepared for an unending barrage of arrows hitting you, no matter what side of the fight you are on. 

6 hours ago, Flukejiver said:

@Bow which time period of RS was your favorite and why?

2006 to 2007, I had the absolute most fun and care free time of my game play. Met most of my best friends on the game in those years as well.  

1 hour ago, True 2k8 said:

@Bow

Did you/leadership think Kim/Christina had real chances at becoming full PK Leaders?

No

On 9/19/2020 at 8:21 PM, LivinLarge21 said:

Miner Cire, Lord Weasley, Mr 800, Doe Slayer, Joker10384, Icedrop ?

I am adding to this since I saw a 2007 Member list to bring back some memories.

Prinze Joe, Dj Mochasins, Hlprap, F1r3o, H A 12 D, Skeletorus09, Beckham69, Godstruewill, Timebeast, Bclayj2.

Honestly, so many more I could add, if only I could remember the members from the earlier days.

1 hour ago, LivinLarge21 said:

I am adding to this since I saw a 2007 Member list to bring back some memories.

Prinze Joe, Dj Mochasins, Hlprap, F1r3o, H A 12 D, Skeletorus09, Beckham69, Godstruewill, Timebeast, Bclayj2.

Honestly, so many more I could add, if only I could remember the members from the earlier days.

did you know that Timebeast is back?!

8UbwyZv.png

image.png.27fc9253e555dae9d60c01aac1de43b0.png

Rxj6cZX.png

On 9/20/2020 at 1:51 AM, True 2k8 said:

@ all 

What is the most "NH" thing you did as leader? Or even something you allowed to happen? If nothing, what have you been tempted to do? Have you ever coordinated your fights to be crashed?

How do you feel like you stood compared the other leaders in your era? What other leaders did you feel like were "overrated"?

How do you want to be remembered? 

What is the most "NH" thing you did as leader? Or even something you allowed to happen? If nothing, what have you been tempted to do? Have you ever coordinated your fights to be crashed?

I didn't really do anything bad.  Technically we discouraged RWT as a clan and I sold a bit here and there whilst I was active and then sold a lot when I retired, but that really isn't much to do with the clan.  I condoned and supported use the spies, but by the time I did that it was something that every clan did.

I was never tempted to crash fights, directly or indirectly, or to have our own fights crashed.  That is a very slippery slope that I would not have wanted us to go down at all and if I ever had knowledge of somebody planning that behind my back they'd likely have been kicked.  Having our own fight be crashed would as a minimum render any victory completely meaningless, null and void.  Perhaps more importantly, it would bring in to question the legitimacy of any future wins where we had been crashed.

How do you feel like you stood compared the other leaders in your era? What other leaders did you feel like were "overrated"?

I felt that I stood well and that I ran a pretty tight ship at RSD.  I had been in the clan world and involved in the leadership of RSD for longer than most rival leaders, so the additional experience was helpful at times.  I led the clan with my head and tried to make smart decisions, rather than make decisions purely on a whim/with my heart.

As for other leaders, most were pretty good in some way or another or else they would not have been leading the clans that I called our rivals.  Filling out my responses on 3lite's topic a few weeks ago probably made me realise that I didn't really care for EoS too much.  I think by extension their leadership was not up to par with the leaders of the likes of DI, DF, EH, TT, etc.

How do you want to be remembered?

I suppose this isn't really something that you get to choose!  That said, I always saw myself as one clan man who was very passionate about RSD and fighting as hard as I could to make sure the clan succeeded.  I tried to lead by example and encourage the members to always do their best and to fight for the clan with the same enthusiasm and passion, of course whilst having a lot of fun along the way.  I hope people look back and think "he really cared and tried his best, so did I/the other members, and because of everyone's efforts it was a great time and and a great clan to be a part of."

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 2:03 AM, MILAD said:

@Bow @Icedrop

What do you think of the fights between RSD/TT during the years of 2009-2011? 

Some of the best that we had during that era.  Pound for pound I think TT were our best rivals at the time.  If we pulled 100 people vs 100 people against any other clan (DF, VR, EH, etc) then I would be very confident that we would win unless we really took our eye off the ball.  Against TT on even options I knew it was going to be close and that we would need to be on form in the various key areas - leaders/calling, binding, sniping, returning/maintaining numbers.  Wins felt hard earned and a hard earned win is the best type of win.

==ice==

On 9/20/2020 at 2:03 AM, True 2k8 said:

What official do you respect the most/least from these clans:

VR

DF

DI

EH

TT

EOS

COR

VR - I didn't particularly respect any of them, but I think Cera S6 and Evizu were the most bearable.

DF - I think you were decent.  I don't think I cared much for Veseble or Zedest.

DI - Ghjjf deserves respect for his achievements.  Unsure if he was ever ranked, but I never liked Bibbleboy.

EH - Most respect for 3lite.  Islamia was fine too.  I don't think there was anybody I had any issues with.

TT - I recall Bishinmo being a bit of an idiot.  I had a quick look at their old memberlist and surprisingly I couldn't see anybody I particularly respected.  I have probably forgotten someone... as a I clan I generally had respect for them.

EOS - I don't think I have much respect for any of them.  Generally a bunch of clowns.

COR - No strong feels either way for COR officials.

==ice==

• Like 1

Why/how did you start the whole 1 year prep trip?

Why did people call you grandads/grandmas - was your average age actually that much older?

Why did your clan have such a "holier than thou" attitude. I hated fighting RSD because it was hard to get motivated to. If so much as one of my members dropped any kind of flame your officials were always straight into my pms complaining. 

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

On 9/20/2020 at 2:35 AM, 3lite said:

@Icedrop

During the 2008-2009 period, I considered you to be one of the leaders in the clan world with the best tactical abilities.  You were very calculated and rational regarding the fight decisions you made.  I could see it as being a double edged sword.  It could be a positive because setting up favorable fights that are more likely to result in victory could mean improving morale within your clan and (perhaps) increased interest from members in the community for recruitment.  However, being selective about planning fights would often result in greater difficulty in ensuring a fight each weekend.  Often other very active clans, such as EoS or VR, would pressure clans for fights that were most advantageous to them (e.g., weekday, low prep, or odd hours) and try to anger other clans on forums into making a poor tactical decision.  It could probably be frustrating to the average RSD member to see EoS or VR flaming on forums and RSD leadership not be willing to engage them on a whim.

Did you ever get much backlash, either from individual members or collective groups of members, for the tactical decisions you made?

This was never particularly an issue.  At the end of the day we managed to get a steady flow of fights with our rivals, and where rival officials were being ridiculous about rules (e.g. proposing fights starting at silly times on a school day, 5 sniper caps, etc) then we would simply look elsewhere to set something up or during the appropriate eras we would look to hit those clans on a PK trip.  Of course, in setting up fights there always had to be a bit of give and take on things like days, times and rules of fights.  I would make reasonable and appropriate concessions, but I was never up for caving in and accepting fights with ridiculous rules just to appease the likes of EoS/VR officials.  A lot of the time their idea of discussing details for a fight was "my way or the highway" and I wasn't going to set a precedent of letting them entirely dictate all the terms.

There was sometimes some hot steam from the likes of EoS/VR (and others) on forums, but it was usually just that.  There may have been EoS/VR members crying "RSD refusing to fight us omg" on forums, but it was pretty easy for our members to see through that.  If I turned down a fight I would do so for good reason and I would be happy to let the members know the rationale as to why.  Our members were generally on the same page with the decisions and knew what our opponents were up to.  Of course the odd individual would disagree from time to time, but there was never any wide-scale backlash.

==ice==