I am GHJJF - AMA

Brian

26 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

What do you think of Bowhunter and his leadership style relating to RSD?

Every clan needs a different "touch". Don't think his style is bad, it definitely suited what RSD were trying to do when I was there but it wasn't something I agreed with. During some fight someone crashed us (VR I think?) and there was no talk of retaliation. Made a topic asking why not and got shot down pretty much.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

3 hours ago, Doc Artemis said:

1. What influenced you to become a software developer?

2. If you could remake any decision while you were the leader of DI what would it be?

1. Probably my cousin whose about 10 years older than me introducing me to computers from a very young age

2. Would of went hard at the start of OSRS rather than taking a laid back approach. Wouldn't of lasted as long as I did but would of done more in that time.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Hey. Foy here. For the record, you're correct in that I didn't leak anything to Rot (I'm nothing if not stubborn, and I said I wouldn't lol). Still impressed that Mattyb trusted me despite my refusal in that regard.

Good to see you're still around and able to enjoy the game. I'll admit I don't regret my decision to leave at all, but I do regret the way I did it. Hope you forgave me.

Anyway, in sticking with the style of the thread, here's two questions for you:

1. Was there more going on behind the scenes when you kicked Mta48 for logging at mage bank? It was shocking as a new member to see the head warlord kicked for that.

2. Who was the most impressive spy that ever infiltrated Di, and why do you think they were so successful?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Interested by the Olde comments as I always felt he came across the same so;

who else would you say you refer to as the serious crew?

I remember in the original era when things got serious, Oergg with his data and all sorts, what was different in the new era's seriousness or was it just your not being as into it?

If you had indifferent feelings what stopped you demoting or stepping in to change things yourself?

Back in the day one, i remember a lot of surprise kicks with names such as Woodly, MTA, Bibbleboy etc, i know it went to the ruthless decision making you had but were there any big regrets, did things stay cool when they found out (as most rejoined to be fair).

Oh, i remember S1acker, i've always wondered but how did he join/was he ever a pker, Killerconvic always told me he was kept in the clan because you liked his position on hiscores lol but i've just always wondered as i remember never seeing him for years lol.

4 hours ago, Foyboy said:

Hey. Foy here. For the record, you're correct in that I didn't leak anything to Rot (I'm nothing if not stubborn, and I said I wouldn't lol). Still impressed that Mattyb trusted me despite my refusal in that regard.

Good to see you're still around and able to enjoy the game. I'll admit I don't regret my decision to leave at all, but I do regret the way I did it. Hope you forgave me.

Anyway, in sticking with the style of the thread, here's two questions for you:

1. Was there more going on behind the scenes when you kicked Mta48 for logging at mage bank? It was shocking as a new member to see the head warlord kicked for that.

2. Who was the most impressive spy that ever infiltrated Di, and why do you think they were so successful?

As I said previously there wasn't really anything to leak anyway. All it would of been was logs of RoT doing shady shit or our thoughts on other officials. Seen as I quit not long after anyway it wouldn't of mattered what you or I said about any of them.

I understood why you left. As you said it probably could of been differently and it was "betraying" me, but I was already long passed the point of no return by then so I didn't even care.

1. Not really. I wouldn't say their was any "dark forces" at play. There was certainly a growing cohort of people who didn't like him. I wouldn't say that influenced my decision. He put me in an extremely awkward position and left me with no option. If I could of done something to cover it up, I would of. Perhaps demoting him would of been enough.

2. That's hard to say. It was certainly a lot easier to get into DI during the OSRS era so I wouldn't count anyone during that period. What I will say is AG were really good at turning people and we really had to up our game to catch them. During that period we had a pretty impressive record of catching them. This guy wasn't significant or anything but the method I used to catch him was probably the "best" http://www.di-rs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45726 I hacked Geezers email, went on his MSN, started talking to the guy pretending to be him. Asked him what DI were doing and for the world etc. Of course he gave it, so we went to RR and bsed him.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

3 hours ago, Echliurn said:

Interested by the Olde comments as I always felt he came across the same so;

who else would you say you refer to as the serious crew?

I remember in the original era when things got serious, Oergg with his data and all sorts, what was different in the new era's seriousness or was it just your not being as into it?

If you had indifferent feelings what stopped you demoting or stepping in to change things yourself?

Back in the day one, i remember a lot of surprise kicks with names such as Woodly, MTA, Bibbleboy etc, i know it went to the ruthless decision making you had but were there any big regrets, did things stay cool when they found out (as most rejoined to be fair).

Oh, i remember S1acker, i've always wondered but how did he join/was he ever a pker, Killerconvic always told me he was kept in the clan because you liked his position on hiscores lol but i've just always wondered as i remember never seeing him for years lol.

It's not that I was against doing whatever it took to get better, but you can take things too far as well where it takes the fun out of things. Towards the end there was a topic created to discuss making a move from IRC to Discord. Discord was only fairly new at this time but it was obvious it was going to be the future for clanning, especially vs outdated technology like IRC. Olde, Ball and to a lesser extent Ray (Ffs M8) dissected the idea to death with essays and counter point after count point. That's when I knew I was wasting my time working with these guys. I mean I've always been up for a forum debate but you need to go into depth that much on a simple proposal...

Technology and data is something I was always interested in. Would consider that kind of thing a different kind of seriousness than the stuff like analysing videos of CWA etc.

In the OSRS era due to work commitments I wasn't able to stay up all night anymore. The game was very EST based. Demoting people would of left the clan in a pretty bad place.

As I said before if I could do something to cover up stuff I would, but some of those guys put me in incredibly difficult positions. If the rules started to be bent for them then things would of broken down and no one would of respected them. Perhaps demotions in the case of MTA (logging on vid from our #1 rival), Karl (teleporting from RSD) would of been suitable. Skipped though (in Woodlys case) I could never accept. The ultimate disrespect to your clan mates. I'm surprised people returned and didn't hold grudges, but perhaps they accepted they were in the wrong.

S1acker joined DI before I was leader. You're right there was an element of people (other than me) wanting to keep him in the clan because he was front page highscores and that was good "PR" for DI.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

52 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

Not sure how to edit post, but one other question, was there something that caused Suffocate V, Tonypopps (I think she/he did), Kelly, Sniper etc to all leave to do the CK stuff?

Well Kelly left because me and her had a "falling out". The others followed her because they supported her over me. Suffocate V was a bit different. Basically he wasn't in long and wanted to have a big say in how things were run. He went on a solo run without even talking to other warlords and started setting up fights etc to further his own agenda. When I slapped him down he left. CK lasted about 2 (?) weeks because when we were setting up an exploit on their forums I messed up and accidentally deleted them. Rather than try recover they just gave up.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

30 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

On the flipside, would you tell us about some of your most impressive spies (not just forum accs etc.)? 

To be honest we never did anything that impressive in terms of getting spies. In the olden days people would just come to DI and "offer their services" for a chance to get in. During OSRS bball was in DF for a bit on some account, can't remember the name now. Think you caught him fairly rapid though.

• Haha 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

45 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

How does it make you feel that if you were to talk on TS you’d definitely get a reaction? Are you chatty irl?

I mean there was almost deafening screams the other day lol

Not all that talkative really unless I've had a few drinks

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png