I am GHJJF - AMA

Brian

Did you keep track of what the "new version" of DI did in OSRS after you went mia? If so, what are your thoughts about it?

Why you feel like the "new version" of DI in OSRS should have used a different brand/name other than you not being there?

What are your thoughts about Olde?

How close were you to Mattyb?

Would you do something different regarding DI in OSRS?

Do you think there's anything that can be done to make the clan world better?

Why coming back to the game after closing DI/with your closest friends still not playing? What motivated you to get back at it/join RNG and now Tempest?

Edited by D96
  • Like 2

gucpsM8.gif

1 hour ago, D96 said:

Did you keep track of what the "new version" of DI did in OSRS after you went mia? If so, what are your thoughts about it?

Why you feel like the "new version" of DI in OSRS should have used a different brand/name other than you not being there?

What are your thoughts about Olde?

How close were you to Mattyb?

Would you do something different regarding DI in OSRS?

Do you think there's anything that can be done to make the clan world better?

Why coming back to the game after closing DI/with your closest friends still not playing? What motivated you to get back at it/join RNG and now Tempest?

1. No didn't follow them, quit the game so didn't care. Of course I wish them well in whatever they did.

2. They should of started a new clan because DI was mine. I gave almost 10 years of my life to making DI what it was. The fact I wanted to end it should of been respected. Some guys who joined in the last few years don't get to decide they want to keep it going. Make a new clan, build something of your own. Put your own blood, sweat and tears into it.

3. On a personal level he's a "good guy" but in the last few month's he was taking everything too seriously and over analysed situations to death. Took the fun out of it for a lot of people. No doubt in mind my mind he led to the demise of DI. People who were my friends for almost 10 years like Foyboy left because of him.

4. Not that close really. When he left RSD for DI I burned him on his attempts to join and he never recovered from that. The RoT official I contacted most was B289. Me and him were very like minded.

5. "Yes" but it was impossible. In the original era I had absolute control over every aspect of DI because I could be online almost 24 hours a day if needs be. By time OSRS came around that wasn't possible because I had too many responsibilities in real life. We had some great officials like Ashley, Joko, Paul, Zach but it's not my style. My style is absolute control. I couldn't do that in OSRS.

6. As long as winning and "getting the topic" is the most important thing then no. At the start of OSRS we had the opportunity, but it's way too late now. I tried to do my best but you can't compete when RoT had jmods in their pocket and look out for themselves. In the original era I had jmods in my pocket and I did the best for all clans like interacting with jagex to get wilderness restored etc. I didn't just look out for DI. People should care a lot less about winning and losing. "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" comes to mind.

6. My best friend was in RNG and asked me to join. As I said previously friendship is all that matters to me now. We play games for friendship. I have no "motivation" for playing other than friendship. If I really wanted to I could do it all again and be successful but what's the point? People might think RoT were a big deal during OSRS but as I said one time. DI did it when it actually mattered a damn. We really did take on the world and won. No achievement matters now and hasn't for a long time.

• Like 4

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

You've been an OG mage bank pker and had your fair share of seeing what different eras of multi clans and single teams bring to the table. What do you think of Reign of Terror and Frontline going at it? First time a multi clan and single team went up against each other since probably old wild and it was debatably the most chaotic crash war on OSRS seeing as both sides had similar tools to use. You mentioned DI hacked private forums before. I may be wrong here but I remember FL hacked RoT forums *that's why they did a massive forum update two years ago or so. RoT responded out of game. Is that justifiable? What would you have done with DI if a forum board you had compromised retaliated in the same manner? How did you handle aggressive attacks from rival clans? Thanks Brian, big fan x

32 minutes ago, Brian said:

DI did it when it actually mattered a damn. We really did take on the world and won. No achievement matters now and hasn't for a long time.

I think a lot of people don't realize how true this is, when the clan world was in its prime no way rot would even be top 5 imo lol.

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

1 hour ago, Brian said:

4. Not that close really. When he left RSD for DI I burned him on his attempts to join and he never recovered from that. The RoT official I contacted most was B289. Me and him were very like minded.

what happened here? why did you choose to burn him? would you say that he went out of his way to ensure that he won/earned your respect? he clearly admired you a lot, perhaps his only goal was to be with you? don't want to think of the internal turmoil it caused him to know his hero denied him. that's how people become evil. like elliot rodgers when he was denied constantly by girls, he went on a mass-shooting spree. it's a bit similar. mattbrazil decided the only way to redeem himself was to try and become you with the whole no mic thing and 'serious leadership style' and have something of his own, again like you. do you have any message you'd potentially like for him to see? he might've been waiting years to have closure. feel kind of bad lol

Edited by KyleBrah
typos

10 hours ago, EstonianPOWA said:

You've been an OG mage bank pker and had your fair share of seeing what different eras of multi clans and single teams bring to the table. What do you think of Reign of Terror and Frontline going at it? First time a multi clan and single team went up against each other since probably old wild and it was debatably the most chaotic crash war on OSRS seeing as both sides had similar tools to use. You mentioned DI hacked private forums before. I may be wrong here but I remember FL hacked RoT forums *that's why they did a massive forum update two years ago or so. RoT responded out of game. Is that justifiable? What would you have done with DI if a forum board you had compromised retaliated in the same manner? How did you handle aggressive attacks from rival clans? Thanks Brian, big fan x

Historically RoT never went near single because a lot of the players they recruited weren't good at it. When BH became single only they basically disappeared. You're right that single and multi clans tended to avoid each other going back through the years. I don't know much about their rivalry since I've been gone for most of it but I'd guess RoT went after them out of boredom rather than an actual interest in single. Assuming Mattbrazil still has a big say in how things are run there he was never interested in single.

To me "hacking" forums is justifiable for spying purposes. Hacking to delete/damage forums is not justifiable unless in retaliation for similar actions. DI forums were hacked twice. Neither time by anyone associated with a clan/team so there was no one to retaliate against as such. The one time we "crossed the line" here was when we warned AG not to crash our fight or we'd deleted their forums. Of course they crashed and about 30 seconds later their forums were gone. Other than that we never did "out of game" actions, At the absolute peak of our powers we could of done much to destroy people's RL lives but it's just not something we felt was the right thing to do.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

10 hours ago, Eric said:

I think a lot of people don't realize how true this is, when the clan world was in its prime no way rot would even be top 5 imo lol.

Exactly, we took on 8, 9, 10 actual clans at a time and would still win without resorting to shit tactics like sitting in GDS until people got bored and gave up.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

10 hours ago, KyleBrah said:

what happened here? why did you choose to burn him? would you say that he went out of his way to ensure that he won/earned your respect? he clearly admired you a lot, perhaps his only goal was to be with you? don't want to think of the internal turmoil it caused him to know his hero denied him. that's how people become evil. like elliot rodgers when he was denied constantly by girls, he went on a mass-shooting spree. it's a bit similar. mattbrazil decided the only way to redeem himself was to try and become you with the whole no mic thing and 'serious leadership style' and have something of his own, again like you. do you have any message you'd potentially like for him to see? he might've been waiting years to have closure. feel kind of bad lol

He used post on DI forums a lot:

UOA9WZn.png

He was well known around the DI community, but not well liked because of the way he used spam forums. Back then almost everyone aspired to join DI as long as they had some interest in P2P. It was hard to get in DI, really hard. Being active around the DI community was a good way of trying to get yourself known and improve your chances of getting in. I guess he went too far and annoyed too many people. That was enough to get himself shunned.

There's no doubt he emulated my style of leadership, It was successful so you might as well copy it. I don't think he set out to get revenge against DI or anything. Just wanted to do his own thing. It all felt a bit like this:

I never had any problem with him while he was leader of RoT, me and him were very "like minded". Didn't deal with him much during the OSRS period, but when we did I'd say we worked well together because we both knew what needed to be done to get a job done.

• ned 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, True 2k8 said:

How did you get recruited TDS? What was your first fight like? What got you hooked and were you early impressions of the clan world? 

I was trying to get into PKing but back then if you didn't have a clan you couldn't go high wilderness. Here's a picture of what happened if you came across a clan, Might of been TRWF:

eTaApu2.png

I had a friend that was in TDS, not really sure how I came across her originally but anyway TDS were going to be joining The Alliance as the 5th clan (others were BK, 'THE', Jagz and Gladz). They needed to ramp up numbers a bit so she asked me to join. Think this was my first wilderness event, an iron "fun war", they were pretty common back then. Took a picture of this guy in Jagz cheating with an R2H.

ZSB9Uqc.jpg

I was hooked instantly and wanted more. Obviously Alliance clans weren't going to provide me with enough so around the turn of RS2 I started looking for more. Even though I didn't like RS2 initially and was going to stick with RS1, I ended up moving to RS2 a few weeks later and started training at axe hut. Ran into a lot of DI there and got asked to join eventually after fighting back whenever they came to try and pk me.

Funny axe hut story:

Because of me doing this they delayed the release of clue scrolls by a week and changed it so you could no longer attack jmods:

vobKePC.png

QL0Gn5K.jpg

3BWahFn.jpg

CEl1ZNE.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

If you didn't do software dev, what would you want to do?

What's your current plan with DI forums being back up?

Do you drive? You seem like a bus guy for some reason....

Are there any misconceptions you think clanners have about you that you'd like to address?

Do you know who Venomous76 is?

aUBwTQ1.png

43 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

If you didn't do software dev, what would you want to do?

What's your current plan with DI forums being back up?

Do you drive? You seem like a bus guy for some reason....

Are there any misconceptions you think clanners have about you that you'd like to address?

Do you know who Venomous76 is?

1. Probably be a tradesman of some sort. Always been interested in hands on stuff. Wasn't allowed do woodwork/metalwork at school though because I was too good at computers.

2. None really. Just a good to have a laugh at some of the old stuff. A way for people to reconnect as well if they happen to come across the site. Not expecting them to ever be active again.

3. Yes but I don't own a car right now because where I was working for the last couple of years before lock down required me to use public transport and the only other time I'm going out generally involves alcohol. My insurance allows me to drive anyone's car though.

4. In the original era I don't think people should of had any reason to fear me. Yes in terms of decision making I was ruthless, but only because I had to be. I wasn't an asshole for the sake of it or because I enjoyed it. Sure when I was younger I used to lose my temper a lot but when you had to deal with the stupidity I did it you can't blame me. It was often said by time OSRS came out I was a lot more mellow and maybe that played a part in the second run not being as successful as the first. I probably only lost my temper with someone once in all of the OSRS era.

5. Heard of him and Poison but never had any dealings with him.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png