I am GHJJF - AMA

Brian

I had to think about what I wanted to ask because I’m bad at just coming up with questions on the spot. I have a few, might have more later.

1. Do you have a favorite “thing” about your country? Could be a destination, something that’s unique with the island or the community/culture. I’ll let you decide specifics.

2. Hobbies outside of RS? I know you’re a bit of a football follower, just curious about the things you like to spend time doing.

3. Did you and ggs ever meet up irl? On a similar note, did you ever visit Peckham to kick Titan in the ass?

4. Drink of choice? 

Edited by Victoria

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif

6 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

FROM @Andy

AndyToday at 5:42 PM
At work Wanna do me a massive ? Chuck a post on Brian’s AMA on my behalf and I’ll have a read today while at work    1: I noticed you use to lead di without a mic, did you make a decision to do it that way / lead from shadows or couldn’t afford mic ?  2: best and worst rs memories 3: how did true approach you / recruit you and what made you want to be apart of #tempest 4. Are you spying for rot ? 5: do you still own the white phat? 6: if you could do rs all over again what would you do different. 7: pineapple on pizza yes or no

1. Answered this already but I let the talkers do the talking. Ran the intel in the background.

2. Best in the original era was winning official wars. No bad memories from then. OSRS best was probably when we won a very long fight against DF, can't remember how long it was but it put us firmly above them.

3. We already talked on and off about other stuff. He didn't sell anything to me really just said I'd give it ago.

4. DF

5. Nope, long gone.

6. With the benefit of hindsight I would of become more lenient with our strict rules, it would of kept DI ahead of the game in all areas.

7. Nah

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Can you out drink me?

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

4 hours ago, King_Obina said:

Why not pass the leadership to some else instead of closing DI? What do you think would have happened, if DI had not closed and just endured through the gigantic sea of shit jagex (and clans themselves) put against multi pking/clanning environment?

Answered previously for the original era so I'll answer for OSRS. As I said I think the guys should of made a new brand/identity. I've seen lots of clans where the original leader stepped down and they've "come back to haunt" the new leadership. "This wouldn't happen under x" etc. You can't fully walk away if something you've put years into is still there.

We probably would of continued to be a powerhouse in the original era for as long as I had the desire. Think if we had stayed open the landscape for clans would of been a lot different since DI closing freed up 180 odd people to go to other clans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

4 hours ago, Trevor said:

I remember asking you before, way back in the day before you ended your first stint but, could you elaborate more on as to why you chose to keep DI on a separate IRC server as to the majority of other clans? 

Also, I don't know if it has been asked, nor if you're even willing to answer it but looking back, you were one of the very first people to be attacked on multiple IRL standings. How did you push through this and still manage to keep a level head with those around you? It was quite remarkable looking back and seeing how many people have not been able to just push it to the side and continue trucking on. 

What's one thing you never accomplish you wish you had?

And same as @True 2k8

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

1. SwiftIRC didn't exist when DI started adopting IRC. IRC was mainly a thing the Finnish clanners used and they were on Quakenet. Quakenet was infinitely more secure than what was going on with SwiftIRC. Admins were leaking IPs/passwords/logs etc.

2. Never bothered me in the slightest. Couldn't care less what someone I know says about me. Part of the way I grew up.

3. It would of been nice to have a run as the number clan in OSRS, but that was never going to happen for a lot of reasons.

4. Both of us will still be here involved in clans in some way or other.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

3 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

I think it would be fair that ROT had the upper hand for nearly the entirety of DI's existence on OSRS. Why do you think that was the case? Do you have any decisions you look back on that directly led to that? Did you ever consider ranking Bowhunter?

Have you ever considered joining ROT?

In OSRS DI was trying to do something much harder than all other clans. Every other clan was already open when OSRS rolled out. RoT had only closed within the last few months (year max?). DI had been closed for 4 years at that stage. I had to round up people I hadn't spoken to for years and try get the band back together. A lot of those people did not last long. We were only operating on a casual basis because of that. No one was going to commit to hour long fights every weekend. Trying to change that mentality was very difficult and basically involved replacing everyone and starting a new clan. Put it this way, RoT was the DI of the original era for anyone who wanted to take the game very seriously.

Bow wasn't DI for very long if I remember right

Never considered joining RoT. Unlikely to be the kind of environment I'd "fit in"

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

36 minutes ago, Aire said:

Can you tell about longest rs fight? Im not sure, but i think it was in 2005 or 2007 between all main clans.

Longest I was involved in was 13 (14?) hours vs EH in 2007. I'm sure I read about 24 hour+ fights sometimes during 2010.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

I remember back in the day the way the forums had different members seeing different posts and stuff and couldn't believe just how indepth it all got when it came to catching spies, do you have any methods that were impressive or anyone who completely took you by surprise when it came to being a spy?  I remember Staton attempting to leak forum posts lol.

In the early MB days and even all throughout til close in 2009 there was a lot of "Anti-Di" and specific people well known for being around (I always remember Egnar, Charlie, Bullblitzdog etc), did you have any specific players you enjoyed running into out of those groups or any that annoyed you?

Did you know GGS before he appeared on forums and became your what seemed like unofficial best mate?

24 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I had to think about what I wanted to ask because I’m bad at just coming up with questions on the spot. I have a few, might have more later.

1. Do you have a favorite “thing” about your country? Could be a destination, something that’s unique with the island or the community/culture. I’ll let you decide specifics.

2. Hobbies outside of RS? I know you’re a bit of a football follower, just curious about the things you like to spend time doing.

3. Did you and ggs ever meet up irl? On a similar note, did you ever visit Peckham to kick Titan in the ass?

4. Drink of choice? 

1. The pub culture. No other country (besides maybe Scotland, but never been) has something like that. Non Irish people wouldn't get it.

2. I've got a huge passion for sport, especially hurling. No other sport comes close to it in terms of excitement.

Currently don't have any real hobbies. Fairly good at DIY so like to take on projects around the house now and again.

3. I've never met anyone from RS irl. Not that I'm against it or anything, just never happened.

4. I'm partial to a pint of Heineken. Although it tastes a lot different in Ireland than other countries before people say it's shit (it is in other countries). Must be something in the water.

• Thanks 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

14 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

What are some very common/easy RS things that you have just never done (ex: a skill, activity, pvm) 

I'm not a good "gamer" and have never really done much PvM as a consequence. It took me years to get a fire cape and recently I attempted it again and literally got one hit by Jad. People say RS is an easy game but I've been bad at it for 16 or 17 odd years now, not sure what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

5 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

I remember back in the day the way the forums had different members seeing different posts and stuff and couldn't believe just how indepth it all got when it came to catching spies, do you have any methods that were impressive or anyone who completely took you by surprise when it came to being a spy?  I remember Staton attempting to leak forum posts lol.

In the early MB days and even all throughout til close in 2009 there was a lot of "Anti-Di" and specific people well known for being around (I always remember Egnar, Charlie, Bullblitzdog etc), did you have any specific players you enjoyed running into out of those groups or any that annoyed you?

Did you know GGS before he appeared on forums and became your what seemed like unofficial best mate?

Some of the stuff I did to catch spies wasn't "ethical" but no one lost money or anything like that. I did what I had to do to get rid of them. I'd do stuff like go onto people's MSNs and see who they were talking to. Caught a couple of spies that way. When imageshack was a thing we had a "man on the inside" who would tell us the IP address that uploaded a picture. As I previously said we had admin access to most clan websites so that certainly helped in catching spies. I also had moderator access on Zybez when it was in it's prime (not via an exploit). That gave me access to a lot of IP addresses. No one surprised me because I knew who was talking to who and knew when someone was going to turn. There's only one person I think I got it wrong on being a spy but the proof would of been extremely difficult to fake.

Rs Shark and his gang were the original anti DI. Yea they'd log/pray/x etc but it was still fun. When people started using "hit and run" tactics and wouldn't fight back it got a bit annoying. Why not stay and have a MB fight. It was a lot of fun.

GGS started to show up in DI IRC sometime around 2005 or 6. He used pretend to be Irish and say he was gonna get me etc. Me and him used be really good friends. He didn't join DI until 08 though I think. He came from #pkers on SwiftIRC which was the likes of Hotshot etc.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png