I am GHJJF - AMA

Brian

FROM @Andy

AndyToday at 5:42 PM
At work Wanna do me a massive ? Chuck a post on Brian’s AMA on my behalf and I’ll have a read today while at work    1: I noticed you use to lead di without a mic, did you make a decision to do it that way / lead from shadows or couldn’t afford mic ?  2: best and worst rs memories 3: how did true approach you / recruit you and what made you want to be apart of #tempest 4. Are you spying for rot ? 5: do you still own the white phat? 6: if you could do rs all over again what would you do different. 7: pineapple on pizza yes or no

• Thanks 1

aUBwTQ1.png

Why not pass the leadership to some else instead of closing DI? What do you think would have happened, if DI had not closed and just endured through the gigantic sea of shit jagex (and clans themselves) put against multi pking/clanning environment?

spacer.png

Ex The Call Of Legends (2008 - 2012) - Intro - Fa - Legend - Senior - Motm - Fa Manager - Council

I remember asking you before, way back in the day before you ended your first stint but, could you elaborate more on as to why you chose to keep DI on a separate IRC server as to the majority of other clans? 

Also, I don't know if it has been asked, nor if you're even willing to answer it but looking back, you were one of the very first people to be attacked on multiple IRL standings. How did you push through this and still manage to keep a level head with those around you? It was quite remarkable looking back and seeing how many people have not been able to just push it to the side and continue trucking on. 

What's one thing you never accomplish you wish you had?

And same as @True 2k8

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

ZUE0lMx.jpg

Did you ever watch my videos?

• Like 1

Twitch ► https://www.twitch.tv/Thesavageraven

Twitter ►  https://twitter.com/TheSavageRaven

Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/Thesavageraven

The Insta ► https://www.instagram.com/osrs_thesavageraven/

Playstation I.D ► Guthrie_Sniper

Steam Username ► ravensarrow

Battle I.d ► sRaven#11371

@Vanzant is my #1 Fan.

The hottest rapper of 2020. ?

opmg.PNG

I think it would be fair that ROT had the upper hand for nearly the entirety of DI's existence on OSRS. Why do you think that was the case? Do you have any decisions you look back on that directly led to that? Did you ever consider ranking Bowhunter?

Have you ever considered joining ROT?

aUBwTQ1.png

9 hours ago, Gochance1 said:

What are your thoughts on Sir Severed as a individual?

Longest runescape fight you have been apart of and how long were you there fighting?

Was there anyone you did not get along with in Damage Inc that was a rank? If so, who?

Who was your favorite person(was in another clan) outside of the DI community from 2004-2009 and then OSRS?

What was the most no honor thing you have done while clanning?

Most amount of rune sets you have had in your bank at one time?

1. Cringe. Nah but really he's grand once you get to know him. Think a lot of people are quick to "judge a book by it's cover" with him.

2. I'd guess the 13 hour fight vs EH in the original era. That was the longest at the time. They went on longer after DI had closed. I was there for every minute of every fight in original DI. Being the leader and leaving would of sent a bad sign. Couldn't keep that up in OSRS really with work etc.

3. In the original era plenty at the start, but once I was able to put my own stamp on it not really because I only picked people I knew I'd be able to work well with. In OSRS D156 was really hard to work with so I just had to demote him. Had disagreements with others of course but that's part and parcel of it.

4. I never had many friends outside of DI. In the original era I'd guess Lyncea, even though she was DI briefly. In OSRS probably the people I spoke most to that weren't in DI was either b289 or True.

5. Between me and Ekaggen we did a lot of "out of game" no honor stuff in the original run. We used exploits against multi clan forums for spying purposes. We had admin access in RSD, DS, EH, VR, TD as far as I remember. In OSRS nothing really. Did get RoT to ddos Freds Great for us so we could see who his account in DI was. Caught him easily when he dced at the same time he was hit off.

6. Never really had more than like 200. Back before GE rune smithers were affiliated with clans. E.G you'd either smith for DI or DS and you'd get a lot of business that way.

• Thanks 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

9 hours ago, Wales said:

Back in the old clan scene did you enjoy being the top dog / role model without any real competition? 

Did you ever take part in Di's infamous mage bank pking crew, ladder days and who do you think were your better opponents up there?

And finally. What were your opinions about Oerggs beard?

(Enjoyed my stint in DI 2, always felt it wasn't the same game so understood that closing when you did was the right call).

1. Sure it was a lot of fun. People think RoT are/were big with reddit etc and what now these days but DI was on another level. Clan world was massive then and we could do what we wanted. From 04 until around mid 06 we could pull off anything without any fear of losing. We'd have DI vs the world fights and win with ease. Jagex made a news post when DI closed and jmods wanted to interview me. I also got invited to jagex HQ later on to discuss clans (along with some other leaders I believe) but declined.

2. Of course. I was there from the very beginning. MB was a lot of fun when the game was simple. I'd always fight to the death, which not everyone did. "No honor" tactics ruined it.

3. He's still rocking it and it's as strong as ever.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

8 hours ago, Dickus said:

At what point did you decide that you'd rather close the clan with your departure rather than handing the leadership off to someone else? Did it have to do with your sense that the other officials were also tired?

I did not create DI, but having led for 5 years I felt DI was "mine" and everyone else was of that opinion. Handing down leadership was something no one would of ever considered back then. The guys, especially Flako and Tomisme might not of been ready to quit but there's no way they would of continued without me. I was a big behind the scenes factor in getting them set up with RJ.

I think everyone could of kept going for maybe another year or so but a lot of those guys were coming up on the age where they'd be heading off to uni etc. As I said RoT were gaining on us fast so I thought it was better to go out on top.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

8 hours ago, Rclav said:

What's your greatest achievement in RS?

Where is your dream vacation?

Favorite book?

1. Probably building DI up to become as big/influential as it was. Yes I was in the "right place at the right time" but I didn't have to become leader. I had no ambition or intention of becoming leader but I was the "people's choice". A lot of the things clans would go on to do were influenced by idea's that DI came up with.

2. Very rarely go abroad to be honest. Not my thing. Ideal vacation for me is a "staycation" and going to the pub everyday or something like that.

3. Never really been a book person to be honest. More of a movie guy, really love watching old movies.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

8 hours ago, dwg said:

Do you regret any of the time and effort you put into DI/rs over the years?

The original run definitely not. We had so much laughs every single day. I was still quite young when I called it a day.

The second run maybe I should of packed up a bit sooner (talking like 6 months here not years) because mentally I was checked out. Wouldn't say I regret it but it was probably a waste of time continuing.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png