I am GHJJF - AMA

Brian

18 hours ago, Victor said:

did you really use to lead wearing p hats in earlies DI pk days?

hBe3v9A.png

• Like 2

我买女朋友 

AkDy8Vb.gif

MLfh1wf.gif

SyiQsK8.gif

tzrmo9a.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM

36 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

Any chance you'd tell us some a bit of how much you've made off DI forums during their peak?

The money from google adsense was a lot better back then and they were really variable. On a really good day where a big topic would be dropped and we'd do like 200k page views (not unique) you'd get about $100. In total we probably made about $20k, but that isn't including the outgoing costs which were a lot. In the OSRS ad revenue was shit and was costing me money to run forums/ts/etc.

Unfortunately we fucked up and ended up having to pay the IRS a lot of money in taxes. Long story short when we set up the forums and the adsense account neither me nor Ekaggen were 18, so we had to run the money through his dads bank account. Think we ended up having to pay like $5k in taxes, which basically wiped out a good bit of what we had left.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1. What were your thoughts during your DS rivalry? Any behind-the-scenes info you can share with us like in terms of the communication/relations you had with the officials of DS?

2. How do you look back onto that rivalry now? The same? More respect? Less respect?

3. Anything you can share of your time in TDS? Were you in that clan at the same time as some ex-MK like Yamataka?

4. What clans did you have the most respect for? And what clans the least?

5. If you could have the chance to go back in time and do something different during your tenure of leading DI, what would it be?

6. DI had a certain code of honor they upheld for the longest of time (no praying 1v1, etc), yet on this AMA you've admitted to things such as spying (having access to other clan's boards) -- do you feel like these two things are at odds with one another and perhaps even hypocritical to an extent?

Thanks for the AMA, I've enjoyed reading a lot of these questions and the responses.

23 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

What clans/leaders do you feel like clearly emulated you? Did you take any pride in it?

Do you think Foyboy leaked to ROT?

How many edates? ?

1. Mattbrazil definitely tried hard to emulate my style with RoT. Wouldn't say I took pride in it, but I don't blame him for it. It was successful for me so why not? My style of leadership was very different between the original era and OSRS. Members were genuinely afraid of me back in the original era because I made ruthless decisions. That kept people in line.

2. No, I doubt it. He would of had nothing to leak anyway as the only thing he'd have was stuff that made RoT look bad.

3. Probably 3 I guess, not as much of a ladies man as yourself.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

10 minutes ago, Majin said:

1. What were your thoughts during your DS rivalry? Any behind-the-scenes info you can share with us like in terms of the communication/relations you had with the officials of DS?

2. How do you look back onto that rivalry now? The same? More respect? Less respect?

3. Anything you can share of your time in TDS? Were you in that clan at the same time as some ex-MK like Yamataka?

4. What clans did you have the most respect for? And what clans the least?

5. If you could have the chance to go back in time and do something different during your tenure of leading DI, what would it be?

6. DI had a certain code of honor they upheld for the longest of time (no praying 1v1, etc), yet on this AMA you've admitted to things such as spying (having access to other clan's boards) -- do you feel like these two things are at odds with one another and perhaps even hypocritical to an extent?

Thanks for the AMA, I've enjoyed reading a lot of these questions and the responses.

1. As I said before we had admin access on DS forums. They kinda knew eventually I think but they weren't able to do anything about it because of the exploit we used to get in. We knew pretty much everything going on with them. That said it didn't provide an advantage on the battlefield. The geographical distribution of their members meant we simply couldn't beat them. I think we lost about 16 in a row to them but we were starting to come back and they knew that so they decided to close before we were able to beat them. The communication was almost non existent. The only one you could have a conversation with was Franzk and he always acted all high and mighty.

2. In a way it was an "epic" rivalry, probably the biggest rivalry in the history of clanning even though it was much shorter than most. They had a plan to beat DI and it worked for them. Might not agree with the tactics they used but still have to respect them for that.

3. Yamataka is a name I've been trying to remember for a few days now. Yea I was in there at the same time as her. She was leader and we were about to be accepted into the Alliance which was a pretty big deal but she did something to fuck it up and everything fell apart. She bailed for MK along with her bf who I can't remember. TDS died and we made another clan called like Wolves or something. I joined for a bit but then got recruited to DI. Ended up closing MK not long after so I guess I got my revenge on her.

4. RSD was the clan I always had the most respect for. They couldn't compete with us for a lot of factors but Livinlarge21 ran a good ship and always tried his best. I always secretly helped them where ever I could be telling them other clans spies etc. The Dynasty as well was another clan I had a lot of respect for. They always gave a fair fight at mage bank. Clans I didn't really like would be RoT after Plazahitman was usurped, AG and DS.

5. In the original era towards from about 2007 maybe become a bit more lenient on the less serious rules like praying etc. If DI members had been allow that I don't think clans like AG would ever of even been created. We would of been completely unchallenged on all fronts for as long as we wanted.

6. They are somewhat at odds with each other, but I never crossed a certain line. Ddosing, doxing, hacking of accounts were all off limits. Yes we used "hacking" to gain access to other clan forums, but no one ever lost money or anything of importance of it. It gave us an upper hand. If you can gain an advantage why not? The honor code was there for the benefit of everyone. If you knew you DI weren't going to "cheat" then everyone could have an enjoyable fight.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Brian said:

1. Mattbrazil definitely tried hard to emulate my style with RoT. Wouldn't say I took pride in it, but I don't blame him for it. It was successful for me so why not? My style of leadership was very different between the original era and OSRS. Members were genuinely afraid of me back in the original era because I made ruthless decisions. That kept people in line.

Deffo always got that vibe off Mattbrazil when he started, glad it wasn't just me, but yeah, can confirm you had that fear aura back in the original era but i think alot of the players had that behind them from the 04-05 time, DKM, Karl, Woodly etc.

Question; 

Why did you bring the forums back to troll Oergg?

+

Can you say anymore on the exploit stuff you used to use, just genuinely curious how you managed to get full access to forums and shit with no idea, it seems to defeat the entire point of alleged security and the fact we were all pretty young and being able to pull it off. 

Was Ekaggen involved much with stuff like that or was it mainly you?  I always heard about him being really knowledgable but i never really talked with him or spoke to him on that side of things.

Edited by Echliurn

2 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

Deffo always got that vibe off Mattbrazil when he started, glad it wasn't just me, but yeah, can confirm you had that fear aura back in the original era but i think alot of the players had that behind them from the 04-05 time, DKM, Karl, Woodly etc.

Question; 

Why did you bring the forums back to troll Oergg?

+

Can you say anymore on the exploit stuff you used to use, just genuinely curious how you managed to get full access to forums and shit with no idea, it seems to defeat the entire point of alleged security and the fact we were all pretty young. 

Was Ekaggen involved much with stuff like that or was it mainly you?  I always heard about him being really knowledgable but i never really talked with him or spoke to him on that side of things.

Early versions of IPB were pretty insecure. They had a lot of exploits but they required a lot of knowledge to use, Ekaggen had that knowledge. Guy was way ahead of his time.

I know the exploit we used on DS forums let us extract the pass hash on metal rocks forum account and then you'd just set up firefox to make ds forums think you were on metal rocks forum account.

On TD forums we got access to the database and we set up a webpage that would let us see all the PM's leaders were sending to members with vent passwords. dkm used go on TD vent with those passwords and that's how we hit them so much that they closed.

RSD forums we put leadership permission mask on my guest forum account and we could read whatever we wanted. Livin threatened me with legal action after he caught us.

Not fully sure how he got access to other forums, he'd literally just message me saying he's after getting admin on whatever clan site and I'd just go along with it.

I accidentally deleted a clans forum once. They weren't that big but they died because of it. Ekaggen intentionally deleted a clans forums after they crashed a fight of ours.

Was it unethical? Probably but we never did it for any financial gain, just did it to stay ahead of the game. If other clans had someone with the knowledge they would of.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Mad, yeah, didn't Ekaggen get a high end job somewhere like Google or something though i may have completely made that up.

What went down with Bigaboys and the original DI?  I remember when Killerconvic and people got me looking at DI after Devils died I saw about him trying to take the clan back and causing a huge drama, did he ever reappear or have you ever spoke to him since it all?  I remember there was his alleged brother that tried to make a clan with Amosstorm but never really anything about X Biga.

What happened to the other original leaders like Laser Line and Mob Dog or Kulrich, i'm sure there was others but cant remember the names.  I remember staking the Laser Line account but no idea if it was the original one (2007 time)

Was there any big splits that potentially threatened DI in the early days, i remember something with possibly Fir3g0d leaving and starting a clan.

Do you remember what caused Panzer Pure, Devil Dante etc to leave?

Random questions just always had an interest in the really early days haha.

3 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

Mad, yeah, didn't Ekaggen get a high end job somewhere like Google or something though i may have completely made that up.

What went down with Bigaboys and the original DI?  I remember when Killerconvic and people got me looking at DI after Devils died I saw about him trying to take the clan back and causing a huge drama, did he ever reappear or have you ever spoke to him since it all?  I remember there was his alleged brother that tried to make a clan with Amosstorm but never really anything about X Biga.

What happened to the other original leaders like Laser Line and Mob Dog or Kulrich, i'm sure there was others but cant remember the names.  I remember staking the Laser Line account but no idea if it was the original one (2007 time)

Was there any big splits that potentially threatened DI in the early days, i remember something with possibly Fir3g0d leaving and starting a clan.

Do you remember what caused Panzer Pure, Devil Dante etc to leave?

Random questions just always had an interest in the really early days haha.

Yea he's high up in Google now. Haven't talked to him for a few years though.

Not long after I joined DI Biga started to become a lot less active. Eventually it got to the point where he wouldn't be seen for weeks at a time and things were starting to get messy. So a couple of people, me included stepped up and started leading PK trips etc. Out of that I got promoted to Officer and things were fine for another few months. Then out of nowhere Biga showed up and said he wasn't going to be able to be leader anymore and was going to step down. Me, Kulrich and Milesjamal all got promoted to Leader. Fir3g0d wasn't happy with that and left. About a month later Biga showed up again and said he never really wanted to go inactive but Kulrich was blackmailing him etc and that he was going to come back now. Kulrich and Miles both went and made a clan with Fir3g0d and it was going to be me and Biga leading DI. The issue with that was he'd been gone for so long no one really knew who he was or respected him. When he realised that he decided it was better to leave and just let me be the leader. He made another clan and tried to get people to leave DI for it. Very few people did and after that he just disappeared. Panzer Pure was one of the people who left for the clan Kulrich, Miles and Fir3g0d created (The Renegades). That only lasted a couple of weeks.

I was kind of in the right place at the right time. I didn't set out to become leader but I saw the clan was in trouble and stepped up.

I can't remember what happened with Devil Dante. I know me and him had some sort of disagreement and he left. There's no leaving or kicked topic on forums.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png