I am GHJJF - AMA

Brian

The fights against DI were some of the more memorable of my RS career. I was ranked after calling most of a CWA PKRI as a member so those fights always seemed to be special for me. The person who seemed truly motivated to fight and beat DI, though, was 3lite. Can you speak on the rivalry that you had with him from your perspective? Not sure how much communication you had directly with him, or if you even set up the fights with EH yourself, but maybe you could discuss your memories of that, & of the people you dealt with.

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

1 minute ago, Vanuckle said:

The fights against DI were some of the more memorable of my RS career. I was ranked after calling most of a CWA PKRI as a member so those fights always seemed to be special for me. The person who seemed truly motivated to fight and beat DI, though, was 3lite. Can you speak on the rivalry that you had with him from your perspective? Not sure how much communication you had directly with him, or if you even set up the fights with EH yourself, but maybe you could discuss your memories of that, & of the people you dealt with.

I remember him well. He was extremely passionate about EH and had a strong dislike to DI. He was very dedicated. I remember he was the last one returning at the end of the 13 or 14 hour fight when it was clear EH were beat. He just wouldn't give up. Both of us died 100+ times in that fight which at the time was crazy.

I think the relationship between DI and EH was always somewhat cordial. Yes we "hated" each other but it never really went into RL flaming/out of game stuff. I think the animosity stemmed out of the breaking down of the "pact" between DI and EH's precursor ST.

One somewhat dodgy thing we did do though was give VR admin access to EH forums. Can't remember why we did. Gave it to Ray (Dragon Tonna?)

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

The way I always heard it, both times when you left DI and closed up you did it completely without warning.

Do you ever feel guilty about this?

Do you think you could've done anything different or do you think that your identity is so closely linked to DI's that neither can truly exist without the other?

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

Did you suspect Hepau and Alan of being spies towards the end of DI v1?

Is there a clan other than VR that you would have rather seen ex-DI mass join?

Edited by Dickus

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I’ve heard you were a mute the entire time in your leadership role. Why’s that?

As I've said during fights I ran things behind the scenes and let the callers do the talking. In the original era I did talk outside of fights now and again but rarely. Not really a talkative guy I suppose.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Ace said:

The way I always heard it, both times when you left DI and closed up you did it completely without warning.

Do you ever feel guilty about this?

Do you think you could've done anything different or do you think that your identity is so closely linked to DI's that neither can truly exist without the other?

For the original era that isn't really true. I did give some officials notice. Admittedly not a lot but I did give them some. Yes in OSRS I gave none. I only decided on the day I was quitting.

In the original era there was no chance of DI existing without me, sounds arrogant or whatever but ask anyone who was a long term member back then and they'll agree. It's just the way I ran my clan. No one was there from the start until the end like I was. There was also no one ready or willing to take it on either I'd say. Sure I ended a lot of people's reason to play and took away the fun in RS for them but what other way would it of ended. I couldn't of kept going forever and it couldn't keep going without me.

OSRS it could of kept going without me, but it would of been a bad idea? It wouldn't of been hard for them to start a new clan rather than trying to continue on. Starting a new clan would of been a lot smarter and allowed a refresh, rather than continue with something that certain people were trying to force down the wrong direction with personal agenda's.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Dickus said:

Did you suspect Hepau and Alan of being spies towards the end of DI v1?

Is there a clan other than VR that you would have rather seen ex-DI mass join?

Hepau not that I remember and see nothing on forums to indicate it. As far as I remember he was one of the good guys.

Alan is a troll. I know he made that topic but it was only for trolling purposes.

I didn't really care what clan people joined as I was quitting but it would of been nice if people had joined RSD (it was open at the time right?) just to bring things full circle. DI was originally opened by disenfranchised RSD members.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Are you still a trillionaire on RS3?

Any chance Flako gonna make the return?

I understood closing DI / walking away both times, but why KO the forums in 2017? 

Am I a noob (lol)?

Edited by C6 Chris

EKoWIwx.gif

fTeqmVk.pngo6bKn2s.png

If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. – J.R.R. Tolkein

3 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

What do you think was the major reason for the massive decline in the PvP scene? The players? Jagex? The rise of DDoSing/Doxing/Hacking?

There's no doubt about it, some of the updates were an absolute hammer blow to the PvP community, but I'd still blame players more than any update Jagex introduced. The win at all costs mentality ruined PvP for the casual player and thus was the end of the "golden era" of clanning (04-06). Alliance clans used have hundreds of members back then. They weren't all strictly PvPers but they'd still show up for a fight and add numbers to the whole thing. When things like out lasting the opponent became the norm that was the start of the decline. Why couldn't clans just be happy with their Saturday night F2P fight and leave it at an hour or two? Then it became three and four hours. Yea that'll appeal to certain people but it's a lot smaller of an audience. We shot ourselves in the foot. Removal of wilderness was obviously the final nail in the coffin but I think the clan world was already in terminal decline numbers wise.

In my opinion clanning never had a chance of becoming main stream in OSRS with all the ddosing/doxing/hacking etc. I'd say we shot ourselves in the foot here again but really only one clan is to blame for that.

• Like 3

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

When things like out lasting the opponent became the norm that was the start of the decline. Why couldn't clans just be happy with their Saturday night F2P fight and leave it at an hour or two? Then it became three and four hours.

I've heard people blame sites like Zybez being a contributor to this escalating "win at all costs" mentality. Would you agree with that idea?

I also saw you mention you had a mod account on Zybez at one point, since the site is dead any chance of sharing who that was?

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

23 minutes ago, C6 Chris said:

Are you still a trillionaire on RS3?

Any chance Flako gonna make the return?

I understood closing DI / walking away both times, but why KO the forums in 2017? 

Am I a noob (lol)?

1. I've got nothing there

2. Nope, spoke to him on Sunday but he hasn't been online again since so doesn't look it. I'm sure the aesthetics crew are all hanging out on a teamspeak somewhere though.

3. Was paying like $100 a month at the time and didn't really think it was worth keeping them up at that cost if it was going to die out slowly. Now they're back up because it's costing me nothing. Not that I expect them to ever get active or anything again, but it's nice to have an archive of sorts.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

18 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

I've heard people blame sites like Zybez being a contributor to this escalating "win at all costs" mentality. Would you agree with that idea?

I also saw you mention you had a mod account on Zybez at one point, since the site is dead any chance of sharing who that was?

Definitely - "getting the topic" was everything. As soon as you posted a topic you could have upwards of 3k people looking at it. People would try take a fake ending and post a topic. With the moderation policies of Zybez they could basically decide the fight winner if it wasn't decisive victory. Everything was about image. Everyone wanted a cheap win over the top clans.

Flummbullen - He didn't willingly give me the account.

Edited by Brian
  • Thanks 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png