Empire Mind AMA

Empire Mind

Was there more to oji and that ben kid getting kicked than just them not wanting to leave DF discord? (Not sure if you're familiar with the situation but I did see you put oji in your top 10 members)

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

5 hours ago, Blue Wall said:

Man, I wasn't around the game anymore for any of your post VR time, but it feels so weird seeing that you were in DF even for just a short amount of time.

I had one thought and kind of question I wanted to share/pose to you.

During the first large crash war where VR gained a lot of strength, especially after DI closing.  I felt that internally VR were much better suited to handle that kind of mentality than any of the other clans that took part.  The one downside I saw in it for VR though was that because of the crash war, every fight that VR engaged in just turned into a large cluster of all clans involved.  I think because of this people don't truly realize how strong VR truly were at that time.  You guys were honestly untouchable in a 1vs1, but you never really got to prove it because 1vs1's weren't a thing at that point.  VR for that stretch could send 50-60 snipers on a clan and still have a 80 man main pile at times.  In my time in DF, it was really the only time that I felt like we couldn't hang with a clan on a given day, but we got to hide behind the crash war as a way to deny VR that clear cut title.

So my question really is, do you think that VR in that span of dominance truly got the credit they deserved from an external standpoint?  I know y'all likely weren't bothered by who thought what at the time but it feels like people don't look back at the dominant clans and give VR the credit they deserved for their late 2009/early 2010 form you guys were in.

I don't think VR got the credit we deserved due to the fact we started the crash war which I understand because of the lack of fights given to us, everyone used to say it was because we'd cheat/get crashed by another clan/etc. We really weren't given the chance to prove our strength in a 1v1 like you said, and wish a clan would give us the chance. The only clan that would give us a fight for the main part of this was RSD and this was after the first crash war. I think if we were ever put in a prepped cap fight we could of really shown our dominance, but this was the era of uncapped fights and whoever outlasted the other clan was usually the "victor to RSC community rules". If I could of changed one thing it would of been VR not going around crashing everyone as a bully mentality due to nobody wanting to fight us. If we could of got time caps we could of shown our dominance but also feel this would of just not gave us fights and a crash war would of started regardless due to the hunger for a fight. The crash war was always a morale booster showing/proving we could go up against multiple clans at once. 

4 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Was there more to oji and that ben kid getting kicked than just them not wanting to leave DF discord? (Not sure if you're familiar with the situation but I did see you put oji in your top 10 members)

I don't know who this ben guy is. But for sure that's what I heard. Something about not leaving DF discord and wasn't listening a simple asks and he was made an example of.

• Like 1

w4jJL.png

2 minutes ago, Empire Mind said:

I don't think VR got the credit we deserved due to the fact we started the crash war which I understand because of the lack of fights given to us, everyone used to say it was because we'd cheat/get crashed by another clan/etc. We really weren't given the chance to prove our strength in a 1v1 like you said, and wish a clan would give us the chance. The only clan that would give us a fight for the main part of this was RSD and this was after the first crash war. I think if we were ever put in a prepped cap fight we could of really shown our dominance, but this was the era of uncapped fights and whoever outlasted the other clan was usually the "victor to RSC community rules". If I could of changed one thing it would of been VR not going around crashing everyone as a bully mentality due to nobody wanting to fight us. If we could of got time caps we could of shown our dominance but also feel this would of just not gave us fights and a crash war would of started regardless due to the hunger for a fight. The crash war was always a morale booster showing/proving we could go up against multiple clans at once. 

The crash wars from a DF perspective hurt us a lot in terms of quality officials and in particular our callers retiring early on in the first one and generally not wanting to deal with it.  We had some ups and downs during it, but for the most part they did highlight a great core of members that we had in place that were never going to let DF completely fade away from competing at the top during that time period.  But we lost some of the best callers in DF history who all retired or faded activity wise right around the same time, and the crash war without a doubt was a large reason for them stepping away.

VR on the other hand like you said definitely thrived on the challenge.  You guys were always going to be more suited for it.  Really, momentum really didnt start to even out until ROT was finally brought into the mix and you guys were up against a clan that also thrived in that atmosphere.

Like I said, VR in late 2009/early 2010 was the toughest challenge I ever went up against in my time with DF.  I just wanted to give credit where it was due, because like I said, I don't think enough people either realized it, or just wont admit to how good y'all were at that time.

• Like 1

bw.jpg

1 minute ago, Blue Wall said:

The crash wars from a DF perspective hurt us a lot in terms of quality officials and in particular our callers retiring early on in the first one and generally not wanting to deal with it.  We had some ups and downs during it, but for the most part they did highlight a great core of members that we had in place that were never going to let DF completely fade away from competing at the top during that time period.  But we lost some of the best callers in DF history who all retired or faded activity wise right around the same time, and the crash war without a doubt was a large reason for them stepping away.

VR on the other hand like you said definitely thrived on the challenge.  You guys were always going to be more suited for it.  Really, momentum really didnt start to even out until ROT was finally brought into the mix and you guys were up against a clan that also thrived in that atmosphere.

Like I said, VR in late 2009/early 2010 was the toughest challenge I ever went up against in my time with DF.  I just wanted to give credit where it was due, because like I said, I don't think enough people either realized it, or just wont admit to how good y'all were at that time.

Good to hear some thought of the same way. I wish we could of showed our true power thru these years. It was a shame many good people retired over it.

w4jJL.png

I think you made a slight mention of it and you weren't one of the people banned, but what was it that several VR people were banned at once for involving the duel arena if you know? Think it was pre eoc. 

Were there any people who ended up spying on VR that was really unexpected (loved/well respected members) ? I guess not counting people who just leaked logs instead of spying and not counting Kaochinx

What was some of the funnier stuff you remember seeing from other clans through leaks?

If 3rd party clients were banned tomorrow, how do you think it would effect the clan world? Do you think any clans would slump or have issues? What clans (if any) do you think would do better ?

What are some of your favorite memories from your time in clanning/on RS?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1) what 1 word and 1 person that comes to mind when you think of the below clans?

VR

DF

CoR

RSD

EH

TT

DI

Solace

EXO

DS

'THE'
Gladz

2) How did you create the name Empire Mind?

Corruption High Council -> Syndicate Leader -> Exodus Warlord -> Violent Resolution Warlord

Legend of the game if you ask me. 

What was your reason for joining CoR? I hope it was me even though you didn't know me. 

9OGbi44.png

[X] Natural Born Killers Warlord || [X] Corruption Council || [X] The Titans Member || [X] Ronin Member

Tempest Member

Also: 

Real thoughts on Demeagles? 

• Haha 1

9OGbi44.png

[X] Natural Born Killers Warlord || [X] Corruption Council || [X] The Titans Member || [X] Ronin Member

Tempest Member

1b6e245106b230f4c8d1d05f52349fb2.png

Passed your message along about the Hilt......

Favorite RS girl ever? :^)

Have you ever met anyone from RS?

What is a funny Viper & Empire Mind story that you can tell us?

Favorite game to play with clanmates?

aUBwTQ1.png

16 hours ago, Adam_ said:

I think you made a slight mention of it and you weren't one of the people banned, but what was it that several VR people were banned at once for involving the duel arena if you know? Think it was pre eoc. 

Tyler11 was a real life trader, and anyone who even traded with him in game was banned as they thought anyone involved also partook in it. A lot of innocent people got fucked that day, as Tyler was giving GP out. He was an addicted staker and so were many VR at the time.

Were there any people who ended up spying on VR that was really unexpected (loved/well respected members) ? I guess not counting people who just leaked logs instead of spying and not counting Kaochinx

PaladinWiz, he was a council member and did a lot of the background stuff for us via forums. He decided to leak a lot of personal data for no reason. He was loved by a lot of members so a lot were caught off guard.

Cami - She was hit and miss, some liked her and some didn't. She ended up leaking to VR to ROT. I heard it was because she was getting paid money for things she needed in real life by ROT, but also heard she had no choice as they were threanting to DOX her? I wasn't really active in this time.

Mirage - Ended up scamming members for billions of GP, not sure if they ended up leaking or not. 

What was some of the funnier stuff you remember seeing from other clans through leaks?

I never really kept up to leaks after I did it personally. Most of it just shows what officials really think of members, and it's kind of a slap in the face for members who work so hard for these guys and the clan to get talked behind their back and most didn't even realize. I knew Rev/Rot were leaking stuff not that long ago, but I never even went to read it.

16 hours ago, Adam_ said:

If 3rd party clients were banned tomorrow, how do you think it would effect the clan world? Do you think any clans would slump or have issues? What clans (if any) do you think would do better ?

I feel that people rely too heavy on these clients and really think a lot of members who would just quit as they think Jagex is targeting the PVP scene. It'd be nice to see it go back to the old days with nobody using clients and showing which clan has the supreme members, but in this day and age it won't. I think only a handful of clans don't use a client now.

What are some of your favorite memories from your time in clanning/on RS?

Watching each clan grow. It was good seeing not seeing the same 2-3 clans beef it out for the throne, clans like EOS came out of nowhere and dominated most clans for some years, ROT, DF, RSD, TT, VR, DI. 

I enjoyed Runescape in the 2007-2010 era. Now it seems every discord you go too has a gold selling site attached and feels like you need to buy gold to continue playing and nobody working for their money anymore. 

I don't have a personal favorite memory as I really enjoyed majority of the time I spent on this game. 

10 hours ago, D2master12 said:

1) what 1 word and 1 person that comes to mind when you think of the below clans?

VR - Unbroken (Evizu) - Felt like every clan at one time or another wanted to see VR die, but it fed the fire for us and made us stronger and showed the clan world we weren't backing down against any clan.

DF - Serious (Lego) - Felt ego always was apart of this clan, I think the crash war wasn't their scene and a lot of prime members left due to this fact. They were powerhouses and in a 1v1 they could compete with anyone. Glad they're still alive.

CoR - Guts (Chopa234) - Felt like Corr never turned down from a fight but a few mistakes from previous leaders ruined the future for this clan.

RSD - Respect (JoyHova) Vr and Rsd didn't see eye to eye, but this clan ALWAYS gave us a run for our money. We'd talk to the talk and RSD would walk the walk and prove time over they could compete with us on a daily run in.

EH - Honorable - (3lite) - Always were a clan with a lot of respect and to be honest deserved a push for #1. I feel like them staying out of the crash war was their downfall as it was hard for them to find a good fight against any top 1-3 clan as we were always beefing with each other.

TT - Drama (Bishimo) - I personally never felt any hate towards this clan, but found anytime someone didn't get along with TT it'd be a beef towards them and they'd ignore fighting with that clan.

DI - Strong - (Ghjjf) - Felt like anyone who is oldschool wanted to be apart of DI due to the fact that they were always the favorite clan to win most fights and people like winners.

Solace - Underrated (TMO) - Found these guys to be always the underdogs due to being newer to the clan scene in later years, but gave clans a run for their money.

EXO - Underrated (Shuster09) - Just like Solace. Always the underdogs but showed top clans they could compete with others.

DS - Overrated (kidefence512) Just found DS to be overrated and would of easily been taken down by any of the above clans if they stayed open.

'THE' - Classy (Germs22) - Another clan with a lot of respect, feel with the decline of leadership and not many wanting to step up they slowly started to dwindle down, would of been great to see them take PVP more serious in our era.

Gladz - Chill (Des Troyer) - Another clan with a huge following. I feel if they took PVP more serious like they did in 2006-2007 they'd be powerhouses. I always idolized this clan and wish I could of been apart of them.

2) How did you create the name Empire Mind?
Used to play a lot of Age of Empires, and thought of the name Empire Mind. Always thought it was a cool name as did others.

4 hours ago, Buzz said:

Legend of the game if you ask me. 

What was your reason for joining CoR? I hope it was me even though you didn't know me. 

I had a falling out with Cera, and next thing you know I was talking to Jay, and decided to join. At first I didn't think I'd take it serious, but seeing how the members were, it was nothing like Vr and I found change to be good. I really enjoyed my time here. I personally didn't think I'd even get in. 

4 hours ago, Buzz said:

Also: 

Real thoughts on Demeagles? 

I actually enjoyed Demeagles, he was my most loyal minion I ever had. He knew how to get into people's heads and really get under their skin. I wish I kept in touch with this kid as we were very much alike and enjoyed our conversations. 

• Like 2

w4jJL.png

43 minutes ago, true said:

Do you regret all the time you spent being Empire Mind?

Regret the whole time? No. I feel this game really shaped me as a person outside this game. I was a pretty quiet person, and feel the reasonability as a caller of a top clan with hundreds on members relying on you helped me grow out of that bubble and made me stronger person. I was an introvert for a long time, and now I'm an extrovert and feel I owe some of that to this game. I grew some great relationships with people over the years and wouldn't trade that in.

Only thing I regret is how I treated some people online, I know it's an online game but the shade I was throwing towards people was uncalled for and I don't know how that person handles things on the other side. I should of been more mature but when you're 16-20. You don't think of that stuff.

38 minutes ago, true said:

1b6e245106b230f4c8d1d05f52349fb2.png

Passed your message along about the Hilt...... 

l00000l, I didn't even know he still plays, keep him away.

38 minutes ago, true said:

Favorite RS girl ever? :^)

Bella Sedai. I really enjoyed Bella, I trusted her a lot and we could talk about anything. She was a kind hearted person and I'm glad I got to know her.

Have you ever met anyone from RS?

Just Plazahitman. When ROT and VR were beefing in 2007? We live about 30 minutes away from each other, and he called me out for a fight. I showed up to the location he told me too, and then he didn't want to fight. Looking back at it, we're stupid that we were even going to fight over an online beef.

What is a funny Viper & Empire Mind story that you can tell us?

Anything involving Viper is a funny story. It seemed any E-GF Viper would get would always be a catfish. There was a certain girl in Vr who he was e-dating who faked her whole life, and pictures.
One night he called my cell and told me to get on teamspeak so I went. He pulls me into a private channel and tells me how she's too kinky for him, and I say what did she do. He told me she let her dog lick somewhere she shouldn't of, and I was so grossed out but couldn't stop laughing because I knew she had a Weiner dog. I asked him if he enjoyed it as a joke, and he admitted it really turned him on. So I went and told everyone because I didn't think anyone would believe me. Wasn't too long after that and she was an outcast within the clan. Kind of feel bad.

Another e-gf he had turned out her and her mother were living in a fantasy world lol, we thought her "best friend" was this super chill friend who always did dung with us, turns out it was her mom pretending to be 22, and his e-gf was faking everything about it. He stayed with her even knowing she wasn't who she said to me, and I'd always assign people teamspeak power so we could sneak into their private channel they'd have to watch movies and just ruin their evening on a weekly basic.

Favorite game to play with clanmates?

We still play Aram's of League now, I mostly play Fortnite/COD with Maskedmatt09 and  Danatello (Charlie) now.

Back in the day we'd all play Modern warfare 2 after wars and it was the most fun I had in years. Because that game was just hectic and full of goons so we'd be beefing with people all night.

• Haha 1

w4jJL.png