Jebrim AMA

Jebrim

7 hours ago, Lavigne said:

Lmao you're a mate for doing this. What runelink elo did both of you finish on in the end? How long have you played RuneScape and how did you get into the game - what keeps you playing?

He started in the 1600s and I was in the 1400s. He knocked me down to the 1100s and brought himself up to the 1900s. 😞 

I have played RuneScape since 2002. I don't actually play anymore. My goals were the only thing that kept me playing. Those have been completed, so now I'm focused on my irl goals. My current goal is to buy a house in Colleyville, Texas. 🙂 

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/colleyville-tx

7 hours ago, Josh said:

what runescape agility update do you most fantasise about 

None anymore. In the past, it used to be the elf agility course. The Hefin course, when it finally did come out, was a huge disappointment.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I've got a few questions surrounding your religious views. I'd like to preface this by saying that I completely support religious freedoms, although I personally do not practice any religion. 

Good luck @Jebrim.

Edited by Wise Counsel
  • Like 1

Do you like Donald Trump? Do you think he is a Christian?

Thoughts on the US withdrawal from Afghanistan? Particularly regarding moral obligations and the potential resurgence of al Qa'ida.

Thoughts on Israel-Palestine escalation?

Thoughts on ISIL, both during the Caliphate and post-Caliphate? Would you agree with their assertion that they were justified given that they were following what their holy book told them to do?

What do you think the US/NATO's foreign policy priorities should be in the next 5-10 years? How should we go about achieving those objectives?

Thoughts on Matt Gaetz and the charge against him of underage sex and conspiracy?

Thoughts on the January 6 insurrection? Do you think this was a good thing for America? Do you believe it was 'Antifa'? If so, do you have any evidence?

Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? If so, do you have any evidence? If so, can you please share it?

Thoughts on the MyPillow guy?

Thoughts on QAnon? I saw you mention your thoughts on Edward Snowden ("Snowden should not be pardoned. He should face trial for his crimes") - if Q is real (he is not), should he also face trial for his crimes?

Have you ever read the Constitution, Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence?

Are you on the no fly list? Do you think you should be added?

I ask this question and those above as a (relatively socially liberal) conservative - do you think the American right actually represents conservative values anymore?

Edited by Blogs

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

8 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Why the frog man out of all potential asses to kick in the community ?

5 people you like the most in the community? 5 you dislike excluding dan/h8?

Thoughts on Oslo's ban ?

Do you think Lavine is as mentally ill as everyone else does?

Did you post this AMA on twitter or anywhere for exposure?

Have you met anyone from the rs community irl other than kingthegreat and ice Poseidon who isn't really part of it anymore ? Who and how was it?

Do you know what became of Fake Tom or still have any contact with him ?

How many of your tweets where the rs community is concerned were just intended to get reactions or start arguments knowing full well nobody is going to change their opinion on either side?

Did that Josh guy ever pay you the $100 or whatever he owes you ?

Are there any more details to the cereal girl story that weren't made public?

Did you expect to get ragged as hard as you did on dmm going for completion of 1b to where you called it off? How did you end up getting 1b?

Thoughts on cosmetic upgrades in the agility skill like graceful recolors and the upgradeable monkey backpack ?

How do you know @true ? Can you tell us some stories about your interactions ? Did you know he has been branded the SJW of the clan world ?

Besides new courses what would you like to see added to the agility skill ? More cosmetic upgrades ? Actual functioning items? More high level shortcuts and uses ingame ?

When talking about making a p2p skill p2p, agility is most often what is discussed. How do you feel about this? Do you think it should be made f2p and do you think it would fit well?

Though indirectly agility related, how do you feel about stamina pots? What about the rest for energy feature pre eoc ? How about the proposal for letting people regen energy in pubs that gained traction some time ago ?

Tell us something that most people don't know about your time in the community ?

Best agility and non agility osrs updates? Worst?

Thoughts on 3rd party clients ?

We went to the same university, but he refused to tell me who he was.

I like Drumgun, Drowns, Kepi42, GEChallengeM, Vestfold, and Bradfordly/Turgall. They all took skilling seriously.

I don't like Hey Jase, Dumbfounded, and others in the community that I've had issues with. That said, I am a very forgiving person, so I wouldn't really describe these as grudges.

I do not support his ban. What he says regarding his own personal views on any matter have nothing to do with his RuneScape stats. It's quite concerning that Jagex would do that. Would they ban me for expressing my own controversial views? I support free speech and don't like to see people's hard work destroyed because they said something that the powers that be do not like, even if it's not something I agree with.

No, I do not think Lavine is mentally ill. He just has some opinions that I agree with and has some opinions that I disagree with.

No, I have not advertised this AMA anywhere. I did let a few friends know that I was doing it though.

I have met quite a few RuneScapers irl. Many you probably don't know of. You probably know Destruhawk though. We've met like 3 times. I also met Skwysh and Revan Lives. They were the 4th and 5th people to 200m Agility in the main game. I dated them both and even lived with the former for 6 years.

I don't regularly communicate with FakeTom but I believe I still have him added as a friend on Discord. He and his girlfriend were in my Discord for a little bit a few months ago. You can join mine if you like: https://discord.com/invite/fsRJu9HkUv

My tweets were more for those that were silently lurking listening to the conversations than for the people I was arguing with. You cannot influence others if you do not speak up. I chose to use what influence I had gathered as a result of my RuneScape achievements to push for the values I believed in, even if it came at a cost to my reputation.

Josh owes me $200. He has still not paid up, nor does it appear that he will ever pay up.

There are plenty of non-public details about my relationship with Marianna. I am generally private about relationship matters. Some things you just keep between yourselves since it's none of anybody else's business.

What I was doing in that DMM tournament wasn't 1b Agility. It was just a goal for 5x 200m via multilogging, which was very different than the 1b Agility I am known for. I didn't expect it to be as early or as rough as it was, but it was probably for the best anyways. I thought I had had some free time to kill on a side project like that, but then it turned out that I needed to go back and focus on completing my actual 1b Agility since the Hallowed Sepulchre was afterwards announced as coming out on June 4th, which was earlier than I'd expected. I had wanted to get my 1b Agility on the same weekend it came out. The ragging turned out to be a blessing in disguise as a result.

I don't really care about graceful. I don't like the outfit. The same goes for the monkey backpack. I haven't even done Monkey Madness 2.

I only just met True 2k8. I logged in to play at some of the games tables in the GE. Malt Lickeys wanted me to hop to w420. When I joined him there, I met this Tempest clan. @true kept begging me to play @The End, so I did. He said I had to do an AMA if I lost. I played many games and did not win any. 😞 Quite embarrassing really.

I don't really know anything about True 2k8 or this clan, sorry. I don't know any reputations. I'm not even sure who you are. You seem to know people that I know.

I want to see Agility content that is designed for competitive racing. King of the Skill was some of the most fun I had doing Agility.

Sure, I would support Agility in F2P areas becoming F2P. In fact, I'm a little surprised that hadn't happened already.

I have nothing against staminas, but I do have an issue against the rooftop courses automatically regenerating one's energy as you run them. That effectively killed super energy potions at the time that update came out.

I ran an Agility community from 2008 to 2012 or so that helped inspire hundreds of people to get 99 Agility or beyond. This community originally started out as Zarfot's W89 Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Guild. He and I had much drama in 2008 with a power struggle over it before he eventually closed it and I rebuilt my own community.

Flash Powder Factory and Hallowed Sepulchre remain my favorite Agility updates. Anything AFK I don't like, therefore I'm not really a fan of the Hefin course in RS3 and the Ardougne course.

I have no comments to make about non-Agility content other than that anything afkable is bad.

I work inside of game engines all day long for work, so that software engineer in me is curious in delving inside the inner workings of RuneScape. Third Party Clients are attractive in how they expose some of the inner details. That said, I've generally avoided doing anything with them because I care too much about not doing anything that could be remotely perceived as cheating. I use the vanilla client. It's also the same reason why I've never written a bot, even though I could probably make an epic Agility one. I've worked too hard for everything I've done to jeopardize all that. I also don't wish to enable others to cheat either.

Edited by Jebrim
  • Like 1

Many people believe southern states are not very diverse, and I was reading that there's early stage talks to build an Islamic teaching school spearheaded by Abu Qatada in one of the states (I think Arkansas is the frontrunner atm). What more do you think Texas needs to do to lure the bid your way?

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

7 hours ago, Howl said:

How do you feel about Trumpism and the GOP's move towards a more populist platform?

What do you think about the GOP's move to oust Liz Cheney?

Do you see any path forward for the GOP that does not include Trump?

I view Trump as a moderate. He likes to spend a bunch of money. His administration was more conservative than he himself was because of how he delegated decision making to conservatives. I like that he at least had a backbone and could fight the media.

The Republican Party of Texas platform is much more conservative than the national one. You're welcome to give it a read: https://www.texasgop.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-Platform-Ready-for-Publication-10-23-2020.pdf

I support the move, but quite honestly I'm not a huge fan of Republicans in Congress in general. They agree far too much with Democrats than they do with the above platform I linked.

Yes. I think Ron DeSantis will be the next standard bearer of the Republican Party.

• honk 1
  • yikes 1

7 hours ago, Wise Counsel said:

Based on what you’ve said so far, it seems that you take on personal responsibility and ownership to the extreme in just about everything you do. You also seem to have a distrust towards most things that are mainstream and have a bit of an all-or-nothing mindset when it comes to your moral values. Would you agree with this?

What you call extreme I call just being consistent in my views. It wouldn't be very good if I embraced contradictory notions, right?

1 minute ago, Jebrim said:

I support the move, but quite honestly I'm not a huge fan of Republicans in Congress in general. They agree far too much with Democrats than they do with the above platform I linked.

What do the Republicans in Congress agree on with Democrats in Congress? And of those issues, which aspects are you particularly opposed to?

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png