We are Applerune, Jay Jay665, and Robtokill. We Led Corruption - AMA

Applerune

1 hour ago, JayJay said:

Can't remember that lol - when was this, was it in summer 2010? I was only annoyed at this because they were seeing CR as an easy win and fought without both me & dave and then lost

?

aUBwTQ1.png

21 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

@Robtokill Why did you retire? Did you consider any serious comebacks in the later years of CoR?

@ all

What clans do you feel like were similar to CoR?

Never really felt like any clans compared

21 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Sketchiest thing you did behind closed doors?

I had some close people do some universally frowned upon things in the clan world. Not often, but I did it. I did it out of retaliation because I had a strong case that it was being done to us. You can prob put the pieces together

1 hour ago, David said:

What were your thoughts of Empire mind?

Did you find your reunion PK trip fun?

I was retired when he joined

The reunion trip was a blast. We will definitely do it again provided rs is still around... probably not for another year or so. It came together really quick. We had like 60 people. Good fun

On 8/29/2020 at 3:57 PM, True 2k8 said:

@Robtokill thoughts on Lego?

As a leader of a clan in the game? I've actually got alot of respect for him. He did really well for a long time and gave it his all.

In regards to his personal life? I probably should have let that be, his business is his, I didn't really have any right to drag that into the game and some of the things I said publicly were over the line.

On 8/29/2020 at 4:07 PM, True 2k8 said:

Sketchiest thing you did behind closed doors?

The lengths I went to in order to spy on other clans. Honestly at one point I brute-forced some passwords on forums. That was as dirty as I got.

1 hour ago, Vanuckle said:

Why not reopen Cor if you can get a PK trip with 60 people? ?

I doubt those people would want to go week in, week out to trips.

8 hours ago, David said:

What were your thoughts of Empire mind?

Did you find your reunion PK trip fun?

Steve is a good guy. No doubt he would have got warlord if we stayed open (he was a pk leader) and people in CoR at the time liked him. At first there's always a thought of "is he a spy?" And it was the same with conditions but it was pretty obvious that they were seeking less retarded communities and somewhere different.

Yeah the reunion trip was very fun. Leading the clan again after 8 years brought back some serious nostalgia. We had a lot of people because of the coronavirus making people stay indoors and we still have contact with a lot of members from over the years. I think it's something we would consider doing again but maybe not every year lol

3 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Why not reopen Cor if you can get a PK trip with 60 people? ?

Of course there was all the jokes and questions of why dknt we tropen properly but showing up once for 2 hours during the lockdown period is one thing but expecting people to commiting to showing up twice a week every week is too much. Plus it sounds like f2p wilderness isn't anywhere near what it use to be and it's the only thing that I would want to do - If I had the time and interest in playing.

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

18 hours ago, JayJay said:

Can't remember that lol - when was this, was it in summer 2010? I was only annoyed at this because they were seeing CR as an easy win and fought without both me & dave and then lost

That was in like 2011, shortly before he retired. I don't remember the fights between but we started at like 1 pm GMT with a 1h cap against AA and ended it with a 1.5h cap against TT at like midnight GMT lol

57 minutes ago, Sh0w said:

That was in like 2011, shortly before he retired. I don't remember the fights between but we started at like 1 pm GMT with a 1h cap against AA and ended it with a 1.5h cap against TT at like midnight GMT lol

Brings back memories of Dave spamming me cause CL killed him looting (think it was at df/tt 24hrs or some other bs long fight) so he wanted to mass up. It was like 12 or 1pm gmt (early as hell anyway) so of course we do and we get more than expected over time and just steamroll CL

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

16 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Trash clan :). 

Lol I actually have no questions, hope yall are enjoying yourselves.

No flame pls we are honourable 

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

13 hours ago, Pietru said:

Real question why'd you guys use ventrilo over teamspeak at the time?

First reason is at the time it was either teamspeak 2 or ventrillo. The quality on vent was FAR superior to teamspeak 2, people actually sounded like humans and not robots.

Second reason is I'm pretty sure that it was harder to spoof being someone else on ventrilo, so for security reasons vent was obviously a better choice.

Imo I've used a lot of different VOIPs with different clans over the years and vent always just stands out to me as better.

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

22 hours ago, Pietru said:

Real question why'd you guys use ventrilo over teamspeak at the time?

Most P2P clans/teams used it and a few of us in leadership came from mostly P2P clans. I dunno why but most P2P clans/teams used Vent back in the day. I always preferred Vent to TS and at the time it seemed like Vent was a bit safer from ddosing and those sorts of things. I have no clue if it actually was, but I remember reading about it somewhere and so we switched.