We are Applerune, Jay Jay665, and Robtokill. We Led Corruption - AMA

Applerune

6 hours ago, Brian said:

Generally speaking back then DI never really "recruited" people because people would just leave their clans for DI anyway. (Members did it yes but not leadership) We (Me and Flako IIRC) actually did go out of our way to recruit Rad and others though. I remember he had no interest in P2P but we eventually sold it to him. He'd probably rank within the top 10 most important people in DI.

I feel the same way, the dude put his soul into whatever he did.

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

3 hours ago, Applerune said:

3. The only logical person would be Anarchal Pk (Vishal) and even then he wasn't ready to be leader. IMO, I don't think Jay was ready to be leader either, but he was the only logical choice at the time. It made sense. My real life was falling apart between my stepdad and mom splitting and my life changed a ton. I had no choice and Jay was the only one who was respected enough to be taken seriously as leader. I think Jay did a good job given the situation he was dealt. He was never going to get the clan to where we got it, but the game had changed so much after I retired that it didn't matter.

I think getting the clan to where it was from the levels  of 2010 again was pretty impossible. I don't think anyone ever came close to hitting the same level of activity or power as they did in the summer of 2010 or before. I think 2010 was the last real big year for clanning. If I remember right I got us back to pulling 80 or so and then we had a big influx or older members and officials who were looking to retire, so we ended up back at square 1.

It kind of made sense time wise too as a lot of people were either my age or your age so it was the time they were about to finish school and go off to college or work.

53 minutes ago, Applerune said:

Yea it's tough cause there's so many different people who have devoted large portions of their lives to the cause. There's a lot of moving parts. We talk a lot about the big clans and "players" like COR, DI, DF, RSD, etc., but it's a tough decision no matter what level you're at. It's tough too because regardless if you got along with certain individuals or liked or didn't like them you still cannot discount their contributions. Everyone has a hand. 

I agree with this in response to @Ssj's comment.

it wasn't just a hard decision for officials to lose  CoR but also for a lot of the members. There were bloody loads of members who were around for years before me.

Also not going to lie but I always still think about the clan. Almost every few days I get bursts of nostalgia and think of some of the memories and laugh or smile. A lot of people spent years of their lives dedicated to clans and people so it makes a lot of sense for it to be hard - you've lost a bit part of your life.

Edited by JayJay
  • Like 1

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

Also, how did Corbin's time in COR go? I never kept an eye on it but he was always one of my best friends, is anyone still in contact with him?

(Conditions21)

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

12 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Also, how did Corbin's time in COR go? I never kept an eye on it but he was always one of my best friends, is anyone still in contact with him?

(Conditions21)

Haven't spoken to him in a long time, but he was one of the best fall in leaders we ever had. He was awesome in COR and very quickly became an integral part of the clan. He's a model now I believe. But his time in COR was great.

14 hours ago, Brian said:

You're not wrong. Saying that, would any of you go back and do it all again? Knowing you basically have to give up your life outside of RS to be a leader of a successful clan. Do you feel your time was a waste looking back on it now almost 10 (or 15 in Robs case) years later?

I have no regrets. Sure my time could have been better spent but what's the point of dwelling on that? I had fun during those years, they were a unique experience and I feel some of that time helped mould my views and temperament. I think I'd do it all again, maybe with a little more structure and control.

20 hours ago, Echliurn said:

I mainly really knew Corr around the Robtokill era, whatever happened to Pure Knights (dave?) and i think his name was like x Hitpointz x?  I remember being on that pk trip he got the phat, everyone was adamant it was fake even when the guy posted confirming he was running to the monks lol.

Also Rob, not sure if its been asked but how did you feel basically getting the clan world taken seriously?  IIRC it was you who actually got the talks going from the riot (?) that sparked it all, were you glad it happened?  I saw a few people say now Jagex had our attention things went downhill, do you ever feel that way, would you have preferred things different?  Basically how and what happened lol

Dave had some involvement in the clan for years after he stepped away from the game. I'm not sure what he does these days. He was definitely one of the most important officials in CoR's history.

xhitpointzx got banned from the game on all his accounts for botting on a low level. He sort of faded away from the game after that which is a shame because he was a very strong leader.

Mod Mat K deserves the credit for keeping the clan world relevant at all. Without him clans would never have gone for as long as they did as successfully as they did. The clan rallies were fun though, I remember thining that it was a joke that clans were such a big part of the game at the time and yet there was no support. I figured if we all spoke up as one voice somehow that people at Jagex might actually put some small amount of work into giving us a few features such as clan chat. I organised some rallies for us to roam around in game and effectively take over one of the Runescape Servers, hoping that some J mods would take notice and have a chat. It worked.

Jagex removed the wilderness along with making some changes to bring some clan support not long after. I think the wilderness was always going to go due to real world trading issues but Mod Mat K has the best take on what exactly motivated those decisions.

3 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@Robtokill Why did you retire? Did you consider any serious comebacks in the later years of CoR?

@ all

What clans do you feel like were similar to CoR?

Simply put, it was time to grind Real life and get some levels in the financial, relationship and work stats. I couldn't really focus on those levels while being involved in runescape.

Hard grind but it worked out alright for me.

17 hours ago, Eric said:

Really wish you woulda gave it a shot on osrs @JayJay ?

I've had little stints and always get into it for like a week, realise how much time I've wasted and feel like shit cause I get sucked in and wana skip the gym etc. Then I get bored again and quit.

14 hours ago, Lavigne said:

(Conditions21)

Corbin was good - similar to me and code he rose up fast in Corruption and he happened to join at the right time. Corruption were relying heavily on me for calling with Dave just starting out at the time (and even I had only been calling for about 6 months consistently) so to have someone of his calibre come in at that time was a god send.

There were times where it was annoying and what not because like anyone of his background (and I was like it when I got more confident and cocky) it was hard to tell him no and to get him to not make fight decisions when I'm not around. I remember waking up one day to find out that we had fought CR and lost whenever me and Dave where both asleep. I had an arguement with code, corbin and the other leadership about it being stupid as hell to fight without me (and dave) then fucking Dave came on later and restarted the whole arguement again when he found out lol. 

10 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

@Robtokill Why did you retire? Did you consider any serious comebacks in the later years of CoR?

@ all

What clans do you feel like were similar to CoR?

People might not agree with me but I think DF were probably the closest to CoR because around my era we were both similar in quality and our attributes. Both were old clans who were down on their luck often and for important fights and times relied heavily on their older members.

TT and DF were quite similar to CoR in terms of their communities were fairly similar in what they did and how much of an importance they were to them. 

RSD were a bunch of old wanabe weirdos, EoS were semi ok and semi spastics, VR were spastics. Eh, DI etc were just completely different too.

10 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Sketchiest thing you did behind closed doors?

Never really did anything super sketchy, couple of things I guess which were a bit bad like:

1) hacked soulkiller37 like previously mentioned (was only rs gp, didn't fuck with anything else)

2) helped rick/beready to xfer all the shit he use to phish/hack people for

We had some proper wtf moments with the shit we would joke about when it came to Joseph Fritzl and whenever we got into the irl flame war with EOS - like flaming mar and encouraging starman to steal shit on his brother lol

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

2 hours ago, JayJay said:

There were times where it was annoying and what not because like anyone of his background (and I was like it when I got more confident and cocky) it was hard to tell him no and to get him to not make fight decisions when I'm not around.

was that also the case when we once had like 5 capped fights within 12 hours lmfao

1 hour ago, Sh0w said:

was that also the case when we once had like 5 capped fights within 12 hours lmfao

Can't remember that lol - when was this, was it in summer 2010? I was only annoyed at this because they were seeing CR as an easy win and fought without both me & dave and then lost

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png