We are Applerune, Jay Jay665, and Robtokill. We Led Corruption - AMA

Applerune

2 hours ago, Kenny said:

If you could recruit anyone from a rival clan from your time in CoR who would it be and why (It can't be someone that was previously in CoR and left to join someone else)?

Another tough one... probably Kezzab Redds from TT. He was my boy

1 hour ago, Vanuckle said:

Who were the clans you enjoyed fighting against, and who were some of the clans you hated to fight?

What clans did your strengths match up well against, and which clans exploited your weaknesses most effectively?

I loved fighting every clan. It was all fun. I didn't really "hate" fighting clans but TT & RSD always gave us trouble. They were the two best man-for-man imo. 

This is more of a question for Rob, since when I was in Corruption the hatred for DF was already there. I am just curious what started/caused the hatred/rivalry for DF? To this day the DF/CoR Rivalry is one of the best rivalries in the game behind DS/DI, etc.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, True 2k8 said:

I'm not actually a crazy person ?.

Who is a high-ranking Corruption official in their prime that you did not overlap with that you really wanted to lead with?

Do you miss it?

Thoughts on the duo of Slick & Neg?

Thoughts on Cantstopal13?

Thoughts on Bella Sedai?

What, if anything, would entice you to clan again?

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

COR was the only clan I was in that never used their clan name as a spam, how did this end up being the case lol.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

2 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Who is a high-ranking Corruption official in their prime that you did not overlap with that you really wanted to lead with?

Do you miss it?

Thoughts on Bella Sedai?

1. Radicalsurfu

2. I miss the people.. but I don't miss leading an rs clan. It's a lot of work. Life is great now and I'm happy that "chapter" is over.

3. Both were great members. They were both shit officials. Slick was a good fall in leader. Neg was OK. Both were good dudes for the most part.

4. He was a good member.

5. I was cool with Bella. She was super upset she was never considered for leader. That really soured her feelings about COR. I told her she wasn't respected enough to get leader (plus she was aussie) and she didn't like it.  It spiraled quickly and she ended up leaving IIRC. I liked Bella a lot tho. I believe her to be a good person.

6. I think if I could attend a CLEAN F2P fight every now and then I would. I still play other games. I'm around. But the current dynamic in RS just isn't appealing. I quit playing rs sometime in 2007 other than clan related stuff. I was never really into the game... but I loved clanning.

What was the biggest challenge/challenge(s) you faced as leader when you first took over Corruption? How did you deal with them?

What advice would you give to those wanting to create/lead an online clan (not necessarily on RS but in general)? 

If there was a change in dynamic & attitudes of the officials/members during the time CoR closed with the majority of members/officials wanting to continue being part of Corruption who would have been the ideal successor to Jay in leading Corruption forward with the current ending memberlist? (assuming past leaders like Rob/Code didn't want to return to the game; I guess Jay would be the best to answer this question).

What games do you play these days / How do you usually spend your free time?

12 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Who would you say are the most important officials in the history of Corruption?

Everyone played their part. Corruption had so many different people contribute over the years, Pure_knights early on, P_Ko, xHitpointzX, Demonchild, The Rad brothers, Crazy_foo997, Elementofice , Bishycool and Chopa234. I'm sure I'm missing alot of names still. Every single official devoted their time and energy into making the clan benefit the members and for that I'm thankful to them all.

What is your biggest regret while leading Corruption?

Not being calmer in my leadership. I'm sure there's alot of good officials and members we could have kept on board and maintained harmony with if it weren't for my own ego.

12 hours ago, Ssj said:

What was corrs highest pull?

150+ during Chopa's era I believe. He was an insane recruiting machine and was able to hype members up like no one else.

What was corrs most memorable fight?

The fights vs DF were the most memorable for me. The rivalry was so bitter and both sides would fight so hard to win. Many fights going between 8 and 15 hours. Destroying MK in a war was also lovely, they out levelled the hell out of us and at the time were a top 10 clan while we were barely regarded on the lists.

Why did cor close and was there any disagreements surrounding it?

My memory is a little rusty as I wasn't very involved in the clan at the time. From what I remember there was no one left wanting to lead, the current leadership were all ready to move on with life.

I definitely argued against it closing when I heard, Purely for my own ego. It was hard to accept that the era of CoR was over.

Was there ever a rank called Nolan in corr? PK leader or something? I swear he joined envy at one point and claimed so, idk how true it was

I can't remember but There were thousands and thousands of members over the years so it's possible.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fire said:

What is your favorite memory from corr?

12 hours ago, mar said:

Looking back is there a particular moment or fight that Corr had that stands out in your minds?

And 

Which 1 of you would win in a fight vs the others?

12 hours ago, Pietru said:

What's the most memorable moment of Corruption in your opinion?

Most memorable / favorite memory from Corruption? There's so damn many, Probably watching xHitpointzx kill someone for a partyhat early on. He posted a thread on it with kill pics and all and NO ONE ever believed him lmao!

He later got that account banned along with every other account he had because he ran a levelling script on a low level character back when making a character with just one stat of Strength was a thing (people called them pure characters i think?).

We had a guy called "The man" in Corruption, it was quite clear from his stories that he would destroy us all IRL in a fight.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Could each of you share a funny behind-the-scenes story that didn't really hit the public? 

What's your thoughts on Enzock's time as a high-ranking official in CoR?

Behind the scences - We'd host karaoke's on our teamspeak now and then, I remember alot of us singing some pretty horrible, off-beat tunes.

Enzock - Appreciate his efforts along with every other officials.

12 hours ago, Sardo said:

Hope you guys are doing well. I really enjoyed the reunion PK trip the other month, was great to see so many old names!

1. What was your lowest moment in Cor?

2.  Why did you keep ranking The Buzz Hed???? ? jk

3. Code, I think you were the best "hype man" during fights that I have heard in the clan world, what's the secret to motivating people?

4. I can't remember what happened to Basebas and why he left, do you recall?

Best regards, Tom / Sardte

1. What was your lowest moment in Cor?

Probably some of the set-backs very early on when I took over, we had almost all our original members leave to make break-off clans, Things were an absolute mess when Myself and a few others stepped back in to try and revive CoR in the early years. See'ing groups of 10 - 20 people leave to make another clan when you'd just spend weeks trying to rebuild was gutting.

4. I can't remember what happened to Basebas and why he left, do you recall?

I actually can't remember that one.

12 hours ago, Eric said:

@Robtokill

We always used to play a ton of different games as a community back in the day, counter strike, tribal wars, etc. I always thought that was pretty sick and made the community a lot stronger, but I also feel like tribal wars slumped us pretty bad at one point lol.(I remember that kind of being the start of the chopa beef)

So, in your opinion should for have focused more on doing things in runescape in off hours or was having a diverse gaming community the right move?

Being able to have other games we'd play as a group was overall a good thing for us, Towards the back end of my leadership I actually was pushing in the background to expand corruption away from just focusing on Runescape and into being a gaming community across a broad range of games. Different wings in different games. This idea ended up not sitting well with alot of the other leadership so I eventually dropped it.

My opinion now is that having a group of people that enjoyed playing games together was the most important thing. If that means being slightly less successful in one particular game I am overall fine with that. Back then during the chopa issues, etc I was probably more about the pure success of the clan in Runescape.

12 hours ago, ^_^ said:
Kick, Promote, Kill for the following people -- @Sh0w @Fasty @B0rntowildy

[7:25 PM]
id like you to ask @Code and @Jay that

and same question to @Robtokill but the people are @Danny Boy200 @J Flemm 01 and @Shaidester

Fuck all three. Hard <3.

12 hours ago, Eric said:

Do you regret not giving rad leader after how much he did for di and vr?

The Rad thing was messy, I barely remember specifics about it other then huge, lengthy discussions behind closed doors but I don't really regret any of the decisions I made during my time in leadership. Once a decision was made and feelings were hurt there was no going back on it, no room for second guessing yourself. It was best for everyone to move on and focus on the next problem.

12 hours ago, Dickus said:

Who were your favorite officials that worked under you? 

10 years later, how do you feel about the Xbox360 thing? 

Corruption was still pretty decent by the time they closed, still pulling 50-60+ to fights. Do you regret closing when you did? Do you wish you had closed sooner? Perhaps you wish you’d stayed open longer and maybe made it to the launch of OSRS?

Favorite officials? I really can't name just a few. There's just so damn many over the years. I can't believe I forgot Danny_boy and Andy4309 in my first answer btw! I seriously have so much respect for every official I worked with over the years, even the ones I kicked.

The Xbox360 thing was great, I wish I could have gotten the ball rolling better with that and made it a monthly thing for our entire existance with different prizes. Being able to reward our members with something like that once in a blue moon was nice, despite the jealousy shown from other clans.

At the time I was against the closing, I didn't care about the clan being the best anymore I just cared that it existed, In reality it didn't matter that much, It was just hard to let go of something that had so much of my time and effort attached to it. I personally would not have been involved in Runescape past that point either way.

12 hours ago, Juri said:

As I was Cor in 08-09, then what happened with the whole D2master and Lukas situation actually? And why it seemed like the clan leadership complete lost their direction then for months? We were really good during the Clan Wars PKRI era and had strong lineup and strong core activity and then basically 70% leadership went mia as Lukas and D2master left and later joined VR. 

I can't remember this one.

12 hours ago, RagingPanda said:

What was the deciding factor of the clans closure? 

If you had the chance, would you bring Corruption back to OSRS?

How did Corruption breed La Hire 44 to be one of the biggest legends in Runescape history? 

Clans closure - people needing to move on with their lives and a general consensus from the active members that it was time.

We had that chance, There's plenty of us that could have revived Corruption but the reality is none of us have / had the time to do that.

Who is La Hire 44?

10 hours ago, Vanzant said:

wheres my x box

You didn't get it? I posted it out to the leader of the green knights ages ago, you should have gotten it by now.

10 hours ago, Kenny said:

Code/Jay/Rob: If you had to pick 20 people from the time you were active in CoR to fight another clan/teams 'all time 20' list who would you pick? (I guess Code/Jay's might be similar)

Pure_Knights

P_ko

Benfica_slb

Andy4309

XhitpointzX

Seifer84

Crazy_foo97

Demonchild27

Ottawa

Chopa234

Jakethesnake

Pingding

jeffcena

Rice

Mass pudd

bishycool

theman

It's been so long I'm forgetting names.

10 hours ago, Tigersgora said:

@Robtokill Do you want your xbox back?

-Tigersgora

No no, you keep it.

8 hours ago, Kenny said:

If you could recruit anyone from a rival clan from your time in CoR who would it be and why (It can't be someone that was previously in CoR and left to join someone else)?

Ghjjf, Brian committed the most time and effort I've ever seen into ensuring his clan was a lasting legacy in the game. He nailed the P2P end of the game down so damn well for so many years. We'd have been unstoppable.

7 hours ago, RagingPanda said:

How much revenue did Cor forums made? 

Who won the Xbox? 

Enough to pay for an Xbox now and then, to cover the licensing costs of Invision forums (yes we actually paid for software!) and to pay upto $120 a month for a dedicated server for the clan and Teamspeak costs. I think it ranged from $70 - $300 a month in revenue. Every last cent was spent on Corruption. I believe some insanely generous members also helped pay for the clans costs over the years. The Xbox's were run during times of profit to burn off the extra funds.

7 hours ago, Andy said:

What could Cor have done better. what would you have done differently if given the chance. 

Also spelling mistake in title ?

No regrets. The fun was in the journey with Corruption and the challenges we overcame. I'd have done nothing differently in regards to actions but I felt my personal attitude was not good enough at times in the clan.

7 hours ago, Vanuckle said:

Who were the clans you enjoyed fighting against, and who were some of the clans you hated to fight?

What clans did your strengths match up well against, and which clans exploited your weaknesses most effectively?

We enjoyed fighting everyone, we REALLY enjoyed fighting clans bigger then us and we REALLY REALLY enjoyed fighting clans that we hated and that were bigger then us.

DF seems to be the peak of matching up to us. We absolutely slammed them for a long time but they kept coming back for more, until one day they started beating us.

DS exploited our weaknesses the best, just as soon as we started a rivalry with them and wanted to get into it with them (they were #1 at the time), they fucking closed up shop, we REALLY wanted to start some fights with them.

7 hours ago, Vanzant said:

Lol? How is that even close I've only opened 1 clan lol

Yeah no idea where he got multiple clans from, and who could forget the pink dragons?!

5 hours ago, Clark Kent said:

This is more of a question for Rob, since when I was in Corruption the hatred for DF was already there. I am just curious what started/caused the hatred/rivalry for DF? To this day the DF/CoR Rivalry is one of the best rivalries in the game behind DS/DI, etc.

From memory we had some minor beef with DF early on, I can't even remember what it was but for whatever reason we decided we were going to end them. We showed up whenever they set foot in the wilderness for months. We decimated them, it wasn't even fair... Thing is they kept coming back, again and again, time after time and eventually they started winning. That hurt our ego. From that point on it was a back and forth between us. That level of hatred seemed to bring out the best in both clans as far as performance, attendance and just the thirst for the win.

The second thing that kept it going was that DF and CoR were actually REALLY similar in their mindsets around "Honour" in the game. Neither wanted a win that wasn't earnt fairly so both sides would butt heads within their defined rules and expectations, This meant that despite all that hatred neither clan would resort to things like DDoS'ing to win (although spying on each other was common).

4 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

Do you miss it?

Thoughts on Bella Sedai?

In their prime? Jayjay and applerune would have been great to work alongside with them at their prime and myself at mine. That said I worked with most of CoR's leadership at some point over the years. To truly have someone that didn't overlap with me I'd have to go back to the founders, Leading during the classic era would have been interesting (I played during that but just as a member).

Do I miss CoR? Yes. Do I miss leading? Yes.

What would entice me to the clan again? Nothing within Runescape, Maybe if we shifted to a more casual game I'd be interested. I mostly play shooters these days, my stints on MMO's are brief at best now.

2 hours ago, Lavigne said:

COR was the only clan I was in that never used their clan name as a spam, how did this end up being the case lol.

We used our name as spam plenty early on, I guess at some point it became much more efficient to simply type the persons name?

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

What was the biggest challenge/challenge(s) you faced as leader when you first took over Corruption? How did you deal with them?

What advice would you give to those wanting to create/lead an online clan (not necessarily on RS but in general)? 

If there was a change in dynamic & attitudes of the officials/members during the time CoR closed with the majority of members/officials wanting to continue being part of Corruption who would have been the ideal successor to Jay in leading Corruption forward with the current ending memberlist? (assuming past leaders like Rob/Code didn't want to return to the game; I guess Jay would be the best to answer this question).

What games do you play these days / How do you usually spend your free time?

The biggest challenge was the split-off clans. We addressed this through bringing fresh blood into the clan consistently and in huge numbers, then culling off the inactives and slowly raising requirements as we stabalised.

Structure, I have been involved in several clans on several MMO's and it always comes down to having a concrete set of rules and a leadership with integrity. If you don't have those two things your clan is going to fall apart. Also be ready to be betrayed for power.

Yeah Jay and Applerune are best to answer that one.

I'm now married and up until this recent lockdown in my city my time was mostly spent at work, with the wife, excercising or gaming in very casual games.

Games I play:

DayZ

PUBG

LoL

CS

Albion (not much, mostly update some trades on there to make money for no reason)

Anything that takes my fancy at the time that others are playing.