I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

Unknown Bounty Hunters (2007 - 2009)

Member, +Loyal Member, MoTM (Dec. 2007), High Council, Leader

Humble beginnings, but important beginnings. I was recruited in-game by some guy who is probably like 50 now, good ole Doogle11. He had a Santa Hat so I figured this clan thing was a great way of making money. Throughout 2007 I was a very casual member, barely using forums/TS and relying on in-game PM's to show up to events. Later that year we setup an important RAW list fight against the Aztec Brigade Clan led by David416 I believe (Later on their members became a big part of The Moon Clan). Our Leadership Avni, Thuger50 and Luigi186 hyped it up as super important so I made sure to attend.

The fight was extremely one-sided in our favor (with Avni as our only death). We death-marched down to Edgeville and I fell in love with the feeling of winning. As soon my account hopped the Edgeville ditched I had decided to take the clan world seriously. Full video here, thanks @Vio.

cda42ddac8ea3133b5e1ec6346a00c55.gif

As a noob, I was very unsure about how to contribute to the greater cause. I remembered our Leadership stressing the importance of recruitment to compete with higher-ranked clans. Whatever I could do to recruit, I did it. I made awkward YouTube videos of how to apply, I hopped around 100+ training spots and lurked around other clans to lick up that gravy. For my efforts I was promoted to High Council in December 2007. 

A few weeks later we lost our RAW rank to Phoenix Elites (Hi @Frenchfry @Dr3ambash3r). It was a huge loss for us since PE were 1. Essentially a breakoff and former ally of UBH and 2. PE's memberlist comprised of a ton of ex-UBH that had hopped over, many with a vacation through Noobs Inc. This is essentially where competitive clanning from huge interest to huge obsession. I watched the video of our loss almost every single day for the rest of the year. Fun fact, the upload says March and not January since I had Cowmonkey reupload it after his original deletion. I was never going to forget.

In summer 2008, I was promoted to Leader as a "surprise" the moment my new account, True 2k8, had hit 100 combat. If anyone that was around in 2007-2008 remembers "Sadler 2k6" -- Yes I did name my account after him.

38ae76207683e657bf41be812d0fdadd.png

My #1 goal was clean up a lot of UBH's noob tactics and push aspects of the clan I felt like would legitimize us to the outside clan world. My attitude from HC to Leader was mostly an unexpected 180 to most members, but I felt like we were able organize ourselves to compete against previously higher ranked clans. In hindsight, defeating dying versions of Adelais, Forgotten Templars and Aftermath weren't that impressive, but at the time, they big accomplishments for a clan with little expectation. 

At some point it became very apparent that my hunger and how far UBH could go were on different pages. In fact, our other Leader even suggested I join Divine Forces and return after learning as much as I could. On Feb. 14th 2009 I rage quit the clan while massing for a PK trip and decided to take my talents elsewhere.

Crimson Raiders (2009 - 2010)

Future Applicant, Application Manager, High Council, Trial General, General, Officer

After an attention-seeking post in Zybez's Looking for Clan section, I reversed course from my Exodus intro and joined some old friends in Crimson Raiders. CR was comprised of a ton of ex-UBH/PE and they had promised me that they planned on challenging the higher ranked mid-size clans in the summer. I was thrust into a Leadership position pretty early and I poured basically any minute of free time I had into the clan. 

While it took quite a bit of hindsight, I'm pretty proud of the progress we made in CR. Our first fight we got smoked by an unnamed mid-size (don't ask) clan and I almost left the next day. We were able to build ourselves into a top 10 clan for a little over a year, defeating a handful clans in capped/uncapped fights, having some fun staredowns with Exodus, EH, CoR, EoS and even DF. I climbed the ranks from FA Manager to High Council (before demoting myself to Trial Warlord/Warlord) and basically involved myself with every aspect of the clan.

9658002f3bebbc0a703bb23e6665ccc0.png

Despite all of our success, my relationship with CR's members and leadership was always contentious at best. I always felt like my own ambitions for a clan were much higher than like 90-95% of the clan and I developed a super negative/extremist attitude towards even people I even considered friends. I wanted CR to relentlessly push for the top #5 and it took us losing a short-lived rivalry with Rejuvenation to realize it wasn't going to happen.

In September 2010 I was promoted to Officer, only to rage quit a few weeks later while massing for a PK trip and decided to take my talents elsewhere. Sound familiar? 

In recent years, I've definitely reflected on my time in CR a little more fondly. It was a valuable experience and it was fun to make a memorable run with some old friends. Ironically, CR was the only clan I really "wanted" to lead and I feel strongly we would the clan's finish line would have been much further down the line if that were the case. Despite the sour ending, I appreciated guys like Tj putting a lot in belief in me, with guys like him, I'm not sure how things would have turned out.

Divine Forces (2010 - 2018)

Future Applicant, Member, Heroic, Storm Trooper, Warlord, Head Warlord, Leader

I joined the calling lineup pretty early, being promoted to Storm Trooper and then Warlord after a few months. After 10 months as Warlord, I was promoted to Head Warlord, a position I held for 1 0months. Just a few months before EOC I was offered by @Shinobi to take Leader or he'd close the clan. I decided on the former as I felt the core of our members were still had that competitive spirit. 

I had some good memories here, met some great people and loved that a lot of my main crew from CR were able to somewhat stick together as full-fledged members or clan friends. For better or worse, I led DF for almost 6 years, almost 8 as a rank and I poured my life into the clan. 

Some of my favorite moments include:

- @AZF1's heroics in the 2011 CJ Tournament finals.

- Taking #1, aka Return of the Kings etc.

- The F2P embargo and taking DF to full-time P2P, winning the 2018 P2P CJ Tournament Finals.

- Going to battle with some of most incredible callers I have ever heard, including legends like @AZF1@IMK and @david.

- Leading uncapped fights with Dennisbruv, the two survivors of almost every uncapped fight DF had for a few years.

vPGjz.png

In mid-2017 I alerted a few trusted DF officials that I had planned on stepping down near the end of the year, I had been beyond burnt out for several years and had really fucked up my life (to be uncomfortably blunt) over my obsessive behavior about DF/clanning. I was pretty conflicted so as the end of the year came, I was pretty checked out of the clan trying to get my shit together whilst still holding the Leader rank. I should have clearly stepped aside a few months prior, but at some point I really begun to hate what the environment had become when I went a bit AFK and decided to leave DF and clanning behind.

Renegades (2018)

Future Applicant, Member

My final line of my DF leaving post was literally this:

RPmBVdM.png

I regretted this a few days later. I still loved clanning, I just didn't want to be part of DF anymore. I joined RNG later that year and it was an easy decision to support some friends. It was interesting to see how others ran a clan, how former enemies/acquaintances were etc.

As F2P died, our leadership became more inactive and we closed. Was short-lived and I didn't take it too seriously, but I had a lot of fun getting to know a lot of people I only knew by name.

Tempest (2020)

Leader

At some point I had planned on clanning again, I just didn't know where or when. Over the years I sniffed around a few clans, even attending some events, but none were to my liking in terms of culture, attitude etc. In July 2020 I posted a community intro to Revenant, but after consulting @david and @Venenatis, both had made the point that I wouldn't enjoy it and I should I make my own clan. I thought both were insane (especially when David suggested I rejoin DF.........?), but when I realized there were a ton of others like me (People playing/lurking again, willing to clan, but without the right fit), I took the idea more seriously. The first two officials were easy, David and Vene are like brothers to me, and a big part of me wanted Vene to experience something new.

The idea was simple: 1. Build a strong community, 2. Cater to clanners that can't commit the way they did 10 years ago and 3. Set no expectations. We opened in a pandemic, with a lot of people that hadn't played in a long time, apart from some of the shiny names on our memberlist, we were a brand new clan and had a lot to learn together. And in terms of our lifespan.... who knew, I just wanted to have some fun one last time with the boys.

One year later, this has been an incredibly fun experience. I truly love this community and the people that are/have been apart of it. You can read about all the fun we've had all over these forums, but it's the members and officials that truly make this experience special.

I love clanning with Vene finally, after wanting him in DF for so many years for so many reasons. It's been great to see David finally in the perfect position to cater to his talents, to get the most out of him. I enjoy working with @Vanuckle, someone I had looked up to far before he knew my name, someone who is the ideal, all-around official and knows how to be the voice of our members.

I've enjoyed meeting and befriending @Flukejiver, who I always knew as a great tank and sniper, but now as a friendship that will exist for way after Tempest. Leading fights with @Gochance1 has been some of the most fun I've ever had with the mic it still drives me crazy that the mild-mannered, micless CR Future Applicant went on to be one of the best callers on RS. You've grown one of the people I respect the most and I wish we had gotten to do this earlier.

I never in a million years thought I'd ever get to work with @Brian, someone who became a good friend over the OSRS years. The legend he carries only grew the more I've seen him contribute to our leadership, leading our tech department in incredible ways that continue to blow my mind every single day. I'll always remember when you were 25, telling me to not lead a clan when I'm your age. Now I'm almost 30 😎

Since RNG, I always knew @Ashley as an incredibly hard-working official that is willing fill in the gaps wherever needed and she'd been an important asset to our come up. As is @Ssj, who like Venenatis, I saw build Envy from a clan literally pking to Barb village into one of the most respected mid-size clans at the end of RS2. Speaking of pking in weird spots, I enjoyed having @Wee Man in the fold for several months. I enjoyed the hell out of his humor and lifer-mentality when it comes to his clans 

I've enjoyed working with all of our Captains. @Tika191 is someone I'm very happy to have gotten to know even better than before, watching him go from pure-F2P CWA nerd to one of my favorite P2P callers ever. @Dickus is someone who I always knew, but never knew well, and his time in Tempest has shown me how funny and entertaining he can be, laughing like hell whilst he's leading/echoing. Like Tim and @MILAD, I've loved calling with my good friend @J2swift, whom I competed with for a long time and has shown me what made him a strong piece of RSD's dominance.

I'm enjoying watching the come up of @dnd5, @Howl, @Justyn, @Dr Destiny and @Nick, who have all shown to be incredibly important to Tempest.

If you've been part of Tempest, you definitely know the real MVP: @The End. This guy has been one of one when it comes to his dedication and hard work, never missing a beat when it comes to our day-to-day operations. He's definitely the one I knew the least within the staff as we opened, but he's truly been the most on-the-ball and dedicated official I have ever worked with.

(I didn't mean to monologue... it just kinda happened. This is probably the last time I'm make a post like this.. so w/e)

Anyways... ASK ME ANYTHING.

• Like 2
  • heart 3

aUBwTQ1.png

Just now, ila161 said:

where is the tbow? 

Buried deep within your mother like this dick.

Just now, Howl said:

Any porking scandals?

Yeah, all over. Some including me, some not.

aUBwTQ1.png

Just now, Fire said:

Do you think sheli will ever join tempest?

Nah, never. She seems very happy in DF 877354349649600532.png?v=1

Just now, Howl said:

How do you feel about being almost 30?

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, If were in the same rut I was in like five years ago, it's probably a different story. The turning 30 thing has been a big meme with my friends, so it's funny to act all bent out of shape about it.

Just now, Daniela said:

what are you doing step leader

you

• Like 1
  • sushmm 1

aUBwTQ1.png

What events exactly triggered you enough to force you to ragequit mid mass both in UBH and CR?

UBH was where you met Mikey right? Never really heard the history of you guys meeting or if there's anything significant to it, but obviously you guys remembered each other after years and years so curious to hear what story there is to tell.

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png