I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

36 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

You said early on in the AMA that you are always working on something RS-tech related in your off time, can you give some examples of stuff you have previously or are currently working on?

I think it's pretty well known to people active in the clan scene at this stage all the top clans have their own custom clients. I'd say that's a major ongoing project.

• sus 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

I think it's pretty well known to people active in the clan scene at this stage all the top clans have their own custom clients. I'd say that's a major ongoing project.

Interesting, when I was last active they were all cheat clients. 

Without revealing exact details obviously, what goes into a clan's custom client that you wouldn't have on Runelite with plugins?

4 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

Interesting, when I was last active they were all cheat clients. 

Without revealing exact details obviously, what goes into a clan's custom client that you wouldn't have on Runelite with plugins?

There's different levels of clients yea - auto eating/tanking/1 click maging which are considered cheat clients and used by clans like VR,

Then there's stuff that runelite just wouldn't include out of lack of interest from the wider community, like highlighting the pile, showing how long someone is frozen for.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

2 hours ago, Brian said:

In a way yes and no. Yes because I thought it might come up but no because they know I probably couldn't answer it so no point in asking.

And that is ? 👀

• sniper 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

S2cnh.png

In reference to this classic: Did you agree with the forum moderation on DI forums pre-OSRS? Many of the guys who used the forums didn't think it should be moderated, or wanted moderation from within their circle (Off-Topic). 

Was there ever something posted to DI forums that actively broke laws that you had to take down ASAP? Were you ever subpoenaed by a government entity for anything on DI forums?

After rewatching Sons of Anarchy a couple months back, I always wondered: Is the IRA actually a big deal in Ireland? In today's day and age what is left of the IRA from your eyes as a citizen?

Edited by Embraceanger

25 minutes ago, infernodizn said:

was there ever a flame or anything that got to you in the slightest?  There has to be something and if there is what was it?

Not really no, it did annoy me when my irl pics got leaked out in the first place though.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

17 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

S2cnh.png

In reference to this classic: Did you agree with the forum moderation on DI forums pre-OSRS? Many of the guys who used the forums didn't think it should be moderated, or wanted moderation from within their circle (Off-Topic). 

Was there ever something posted to DI forums that actively broke laws that you had to take down ASAP? Were you ever subpoenaed by a government entity for anything on DI forums?

I was always on the less heavy handed side when it came to moderation. It had to be moderated to a certain extent because we used get warnings from google ad sense about certain things. In those days we couldn't have afforded to run without the ad revenue. If it wasn't for that I would have had no moderation aside from illegal stuff. There was never anything posted that broke the law but obviously we'd have to take nudes etc down asap.

As I said in an earlier response the two communities, off topic crew and inner clan community, didn't really get each other so that's why the moderation was difficult. While the clan was open it would have been a bit of a ridiculous situation to have someone outside the clan moderation and would have led to a lot of problems. I didn't always agree with the moderation and often overruled it.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Was D156 actually a good caller? He was after my time in RSD and I never clanned with him.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

19 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

After rewatching Sons of Anarchy a couple months back, I always wondered: Is the IRA actually a big deal in Ireland? In today's day and age what is left of the IRA from your eyes as a citizen?

The IRA still exists but not to the extent it once did. The main IRA group gave up their weapons and don't carry out attacks anymore. There is splinter groups that carry out "punishment" beatings and stuff still. There was still a lot of trouble up until the end of the 90s though. They'll always exist in some form because of the situation in Northern Ireland.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

3 minutes ago, Lavigne said:

Was D156 actually a good caller? He was after my time in RSD and I never clanned with him.

Decent. Not outstanding. Was good with leading snipers if I remember right.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png