28 minutes ago, Oli said:

Cold as fuck leaving out code bro

This was when code was retired my man

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

As you've been active in so many different eras of clanning and obviously things change with the times, what is something that's come with each new era that you've liked? 

I think you've mentioned a few times that you think a new boom could happen for the clan world if lead properly (mentioned that RoT should be leading it but choose not to, mentioned that Murray should have positioned DF as the leaders in the clan world, and I believe saying you feel Tempest can be said leader/want it to be). Regarding that - 

I don't think it's any secret that Jagex are not exactly doing the PvP community any insane favors with recent updates or lack of decent updates (not all of which I feel is their fault but that's probably a different discussion for a different day!) so while obviously encouraging clans helping each other out/ACing for one another, discouraging crashing, discouraging out of game activity etc, what else do you think is necessary to accomplish this? 

It's also no secret that some pretty questionable shit has become the norm - mostly those I listed directly above. There's very few clans not involved in doxing competition these days - other than DF/Tempest i'm not sure if I can even name one (not really familiar with pures/etc but I know there's a lot of it there too). Do you think these behaviors will die off as the clan world gets a little better? Personally it feels to me as if that door has already been opened and almost no clans are going to adopt a policy of not involving themselves in it. One because it's something they've done before so it's easy for them to continue doing it or go back to do it if they get in a spot where it benefits them, and two because I sincerely doubt all clans would ever agree and as a result some clans may find themselves taking a lot of harassment from other clans and not really being able to do anything about it. Do you have any plans for dealing with this?

If you were given a one on one sit down or possibly a group sit down between yourself / other tempest leaders / maybe other clan leaders (ones who still play / are around) and Jmods who could bring actual change to the game:

- What people would you pick to be part of this within Tempest?

- What people outside of Tempest would you pick?

- Why would you pick these people?

- What would you ask Jagex for (realistically/within reason) ? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

27 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

As you've been active in so many different eras of clanning and obviously things change with the times, what is something that's come with each new era that you've liked? 

I think you've mentioned a few times that you think a new boom could happen for the clan world if lead properly (mentioned that RoT should be leading it but choose not to, mentioned that Murray should have positioned DF as the leaders in the clan world, and I believe saying you feel Tempest can be said leader/want it to be). Regarding that - 

I don't think it's any secret that Jagex are not exactly doing the PvP community any insane favors with recent updates or lack of decent updates (not all of which I feel is their fault but that's probably a different discussion for a different day!) so while obviously encouraging clans helping each other out/ACing for one another, discouraging crashing, discouraging out of game activity etc, what else do you think is necessary to accomplish this? 

It's also no secret that some pretty questionable shit has become the norm - mostly those I listed directly above. There's very few clans not involved in doxing competition these days - other than DF/Tempest i'm not sure if I can even name one (not really familiar with pures/etc but I know there's a lot of it there too). Do you think these behaviors will die off as the clan world gets a little better? Personally it feels to me as if that door has already been opened and almost no clans are going to adopt a policy of not involving themselves in it. One because it's something they've done before so it's easy for them to continue doing it or go back to do it if they get in a spot where it benefits them, and two because I sincerely doubt all clans would ever agree and as a result some clans may find themselves taking a lot of harassment from other clans and not really being able to do anything about it. Do you have any plans for dealing with this?

If you were given a one on one sit down or possibly a group sit down between yourself / other tempest leaders / maybe other clan leaders (ones who still play / are around) and Jmods who could bring actual change to the game:

- What people would you pick to be part of this within Tempest?

- What people outside of Tempest would you pick?

- Why would you pick these people?

- What would you ask Jagex for (realistically/within reason) ? 

1. I like how clans have evolved into more than just a pking group, we do so much shit together in and out of game I love it.

2. Clans just need to be good to eachother, if a clan loses, lose with grace, same with winning. Treat opponents with respect and allow clans to keep dignity in defeat they wont feel so angry and want to crash over small shit.

3.I don't think this stuff will ever disspear completely, BUT if officials actually punish members who do it, it will be a super huge start to ending it. This goes back to my previous answer, it is in all clans best interest to treat each other with respect.

- @true and @The End

- Murray, Af leaders, @Paul, Mattyb even to an extent.

- Because I feel like all aspect deserve to be heard and all the main clans deserve their input to be shared. A unified clan world would thrive.

- A clan wars arena that is west tree - new gate, items are lootable and drop on death, and a 1 minute return timer on death. Also, fix it so that you cant leave cc/portal and restock on shit until you have been out of combat for 2 minutes.

Edited by Eric``

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

6 minutes ago, Eric`` said:

1. I like how clans have evolved into more than just a pking group, we do so much shit together in and out of game I love it.

2. Clans just need to be good to eachother, if a clan loses, lose with grace, same with winning. Treat opponents with respect and allow clans to keep dignity in defeat they wont feel so angry and want to crash over small shit.

3.I don't think this stuff will ever disspear completely, BUT if officials actually punish members who do it, it will be a super huge start to ending it. This goes back to my previous answer, it is in all clans best interest to treat each other with respect.

- @true and @The End

- Murray, Af leaders, @Paul, Mattyb even to an extent.

- Because I feel liek all aspect deserve to be heard and all the main clans deserve their input to be shared. A unified clan world would thrive.

- A clan wars arena that is west tree - new gate, items are lootable and drop on death, and a 1 minute return timer on death. Also, fix it so that you cant leave cc/portal and restock on shit, thats so lame.

Very respectable answers. Always good to see someone who just wants the best for the clan world and isn't just selfish (obviously the clan world doing better would benefit you too but yeah lol). The entire topic has been a good read, thanks for doing this ?

Going to send you a friend request on discord, would you mind explaining the clan wars portal/cc issue a bit more to me in DMs there? Haven't used this iteration of clan wars at all apart from ffa portal on tournament worlds to test new items, last time I actually used clan wars was Pre-EoC so i'm not very familiar with this particular issue. Is it a bug / unintended mechanic, or something that is intended but just kind of sucks? 

Back to the AMA at hand:

Both of your suggestions involved clan wars; so far it's seemed that Tempest has prioritized mainly wilderness which is obviously understandable. However, are there any plans in the work to make CWA a bit less dead content than it's been for the past few years? I've obviously seen you guys have had some fights there recently which is a good start, but any long term plans to increase activity there or encourage other clans to get involved or shake the rust off and return there? Feels like a vast majority have not bothered since the last J cup and obviously most  of their memberlists have changed drastically since then with largely newer members.

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1 minute ago, Adam_ said:

Very respectable answers. Always good to see someone who just wants the best for the clan world and isn't just selfish (obviously the clan world doing better would benefit you too but yeah lol). The entire topic has been a good read, thanks for doing this ?

Going to send you a friend request on discord, would you mind explaining the clan wars portal/cc issue a bit more to me in DMs there? Haven't used this iteration of clan wars at all apart from ffa portal on tournament worlds to test new items, last time I actually used clan wars was Pre-EoC so i'm not very familiar with this particular issue. Is it a bug / unintended mechanic, or something that is intended but just kind of sucks? 

Back to the AMA at hand:

Both of your suggestions involved clan wars; so far it's seemed that Tempest has prioritized mainly wilderness which is obviously understandable. However, are there any plans in the work to make CWA a bit less dead content than it's been for the past few years? I've obviously seen you guys have had some fights there recently which is a good start, but any long term plans to increase activity there or encourage other clans to get involved or shake the rust off and return there? Feels like a vast majority have not bothered since the last J cup and obviously most  of their memberlists have changed drastically since then with largely newer members.

The thing is, we need a wilderness map in cwa and cwa would be perfect. We need a way to stop crashers, plain and simple. CWA should be a deep wild map, and have widlerness mechanics involved and I think it would boom in popularity.

• Like 1

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

Why is the BBU unfamiliar with the term defeat and do you believe they will ever learn it?

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

2 minutes ago, I Kill Batty said:

Why is the BBU unfamiliar with the term defeat and do you believe they will ever learn it?

Unfortunately it is a term the BBU is incapable of learning

11 minutes ago, Victoria said:

In at least 50 words, who is the biggest spastic in Tempest and why is it True 2K8?

It all started in 2012 when true 2k8 created his runescape account, little do people know his rsn is actually supposed to be said as true to kate, kate being his long lost love at the time. True enjoyed spending his time licking the seats of public toilets until one day his brain was permanently changed form it and thus the true 2k8 we know today was born. A truely epic tale of a young mans ability to be a goof ball, don't you think?

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

1 minute ago, Eric`` said:

Unfortunately it is a term the BBU is incapable of learning

It all started in 2012 when true 2k8 created his runescape account, little do people know his rsn is actually supposed to be said as true to kate, kate being his long lost love at the time. True enjoyed spending his time licking the seats of public toilets until one day his brain was permanently changed form it and thus the true 2k8 we know today was born. A truely epic tale of a young mans ability to be a goof ball, don't you think?

I love you.

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif

Alrighty everyone, I just wanted to thank Tempest first and foremost for giving me the opportunity to do this, it was really fun and hit me with the nostalgia. I';d love to thank everyone individually but I've met so many of you over the years it would take another weak to list everyone.

To all the friends I've made and lost in this game, thank you for being there with me or on the other side of the battlefield against me, it's been a wild ride, but something tells me theres room for one last adventure, Eric, OUUUUT ❤️

Edited by Eric``
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png