I'm La Hire 44 - AMA

Eric``

5 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

I see earlier someone asked what you would change about the modern clan world and you said crashing - could you elaborate on your reasoning to this over everything else? While obviously I understand why crashing isn't good, I would expect many people to rank the out of game tactics (Doxing/DDoSing/harassment/hacking accounts/etc.) which has become much more prominent as time has gone on, over crashing. 

Who was the worst leader you've ever been in a clan under and why?

Thoughts on the current state of the clan world (including P2P) or at least what you know of it?

Thoughts on the current main clans or at least the ones you're familiar with? (AF, RoT, DF, SV, VR if you can call them open, going to guess you aren't familiar with most others as they're newer/smaller)

Reading the part under the 'meh' section it seems you weren't a huge fan of the DDoSing/etc, at least by that point (very understandable obviously lol), are there any stories regarding clans you've been in where either you were unwillingly part of it or had to turn a blind eye to it ? How did this effect the remainder of your stay in said clan(s) if so?

Are there any clans you were never part of which you wish you had been?

If you could bring back one clan today in all of its former glory without issue, which one would it be and what ranks would you want running it?

Which clan do you regret being part of the most and why?

Throughout all your time in clans what are some of the worst reasons you've seen people kicked that you didn't agree with? Additionally, were there some people you really thought should have been removed but never were for dumb reasons (friends with leader/etc)?

Do you ever see the clan world on OSRS returning to any better of a state than it is now? What do you think would have to happen for something like this?

What officials of other clans did you like/dislike the most and why?

I gather from your post you were almost if not always largely a PvP person in RS. Are there other aspects/parts of the game you enjoy (even now)? 

1. Crashing in 07 is insane, there are teletabs to gds now so you're up time is 100%.

2. Enzock, he didn't give a damn about anything that improved the clan.

3. It's getting better, MOST clans have gained a certain amount of respect for each other back.

4. AF - Great as always, hope they stick with it this time. Wish DF would get more involved in the clan world again. SV is absolutely pathetic. VR I honestly hope they come back up and become active.

5. Yea, I embraced it a lot in the exo/ni Days, it was a mess and I feel like a retard for ever supporting it.

6. DI

7. Corruption Rad as Leader, Chopa, me, and Danny HC, Corbin Warlord.

8. Ni, it wasnt right.

9. When Chopa was kicked from cor it was sickening the man bleed corruption.

10. Answered this already

11. I do, All clans are ready to go back except one, we can fix that.

12. Once I joined DF they really got me into pvm and shit outside of the wild, it's something I've tried to bring to tempest.

• Like 1

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

4 minutes ago, RagingPanda said:

I'd you had to join between TT, RSD and EH. Which clan would you choose and why? 

TT, Chopaaaa

1 minute ago, Pope said:

What do you think were the biggest factors in Exodus' closure in 2011? 

Dakota being a higher rank then member was absolutely the worst thing to ever happen to Exodus.

• Thanks 1

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

Just now, Tika191 said:

how much has your bank dropped due to the Great Inquisitor Market Crash of september 24/25 2020

@Dr3ambash3r fixed me up today LOL

• Haha 1

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

Seeing as you mentioned me and runites etc in your AMA. I remember when that happened and you tried hard to recruit me to Cor and obviously when I joined DF you were pissed off and I think blocked me on msn, and that pretty much ended our friendship lmao. Anyways, I guess my question about this is do you regret putting clans over friends? I assume we weren't the only ones.

Thoughts on luxusweilbal? how did the cybering clip get leaked, was it that VR official starting with a K (can't remember full name?). Anything you can share about this, do you regret it or find it embarrassing? also, how much to take it down from youtube? i'm open to offers

It was pretty common knowledge that whenever you got ranked in a clan they slumped hence the nickname 'la failure' being born. Thoughts on this nickname? Why do you think 'The' was the exception to the rule?

Thoughts on The and thoughts on how they treated you? obviously you helped them become relevant each time you joined them after  your first time in the clan. Share any more info on the beef that went down between the skillers etc?

Finally, TF vs THE - 2006 ish at Tf's peak. Who would have won in a pkri if we got the TF staff? and why would it have been TF?

Edited by Saxo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Saxo said:

Seeing as you mentioned me and runites etc in your AMA. I remember when that happened and you tried hard to recruit me to Cor and obviously when I joined DF you were pissed off and I think blocked me on msn, and that pretty much ended our friendship lmao. Anyways, I guess my question about this is do you regret putting clans over friends? I assume we weren't the only ones.

Thoughts on luxusweilbal? how did the cybering clip get leaked, was it that VR official starting with a K (can't remember full name?). Anything you can share about this, do you regret it or find it embarrassing? also, how much to take it down from youtube? i'm open to offers

It was pretty common knowledge that whenever you got ranked in a clan they slumped hence the nickname 'la failure' being born. Thoughts on this nickname? Why do you think 'The' was the exception to the rule?

Thoughts on The and thoughts on how they treated you? obviously you helped them become relevant each time you joined them after  your first time in the clan. Share any more info on the beef that went down between the skillers etc?

Finally, TF vs THE - 2006 ish at Tf's peak. Who would have won in a pkri if we got the TF staff? and why would it have been TF?

Ayy buddy

1. Ye, I actually had a conversation about that a while ago, theres a lot of friendships left behind, and a lot of people that even now arent open to linking back up. This does suck, and I do regret it especially for people like you and runites because we were tight in 'the'.

2. Nah I don't really care that much, it was after a war and kronca was muted in the channel lmao, she cammed up in the rest is history. I wouldnt mind if you deleted it lmao, but it happened so it is what it is.

3. I don't feel like this is accurate, 'the', Cor, Exo, are the standouts for sure, but a lot of the fails are probably just do to the other officials not really being hungry, I joined clans to war, I didn't care much for anything else ?

4. I feel like it's a massive failure on Germs, and later Valaraz part, they could of ended it by commiting to being a warring clan instead of trying to please what was essentially 2 seperate clans under one name. I got fucked here by the leadership twice, and both times they could have made it to be a staple in the top 5 had we kept grinding and improving, in my opinion at least.

TF, the hunger here is honestly what I've wanted in every clan I've ever joined, in TF we warred, we didnt set varrock on fire, we didnt have mandatory trawler, we trained, and we warred which is why TF quality far outshone 'the's.

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

8 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

You said Chopa being kicked was the worst - what was the reason he was kicked? (Apologies if you already answered this)

DemonChild was the main leader at the time with an aussie timezone and durring the day Rad and I pretty much ran shit, Demon promoted Andy to leader over Rad and a whole slew of drama unfolded, Chopa being an ex leader spoke out, tom didnt like it and cor suffered greatly.

4 minutes ago, Venenatis said:

I just realized you are the person that got leaked in the famous cyber video.

....And I have one thing to say.
82b497f75c815b457798998fc92e7a54.png

I love you Vene lmao

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

13 minutes ago, true said:

Who were your biggest influences in your early clan days?

Finaltank, Germs22, Mombatamer5, Chopa

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

I can't remember if we were in Gladz at the same time or if you were in "The" by the time I was in Gladz.

1.) I would agree that what did a lot of damage to Gladz was differences of opinion of the focus of the clan within the community. I don't know that I agree that what caused the rift in Gladz was trying to compete with DI.  Gladz and DI were extremely different clans and I don't personally think that any members of Gladz were having serious aspirations to topple DI in PKRIs.  A high proportion of the Gladz members were there for comunity and were not interested in long PKRIs, being active in the wilderness for non-planned fights, or for returning.  For the most part, Gladz only really seemed to care about warring.  I believe the loss to BK in a war had a much bigger impact on Gladz morale than any PKRI lost to DI (shout out to @Vanzant).  There were cliques in the clan that went off and did their own pking thing (e.g., the Ewhenn/Geezerpunk P2P single pkers, the P2P multi pkers that hung around with The Devilz, the Sal Bandini/Echo69x F2P pk group) in small groups rather than as one big clan.  I think the rift was caused by Gladz not knowing what it wanted to be, competing interests, and a leadership that wasn't working toward a unified/progressive goal.  From the outside, it looked like the issues with "The" are similar.  What do you think the key differences were?

2.) Again comparing Gladz/"The", would you consider yourself to be the Finaltank of "The"?

3.) You mentioned that prior to going to Corr, your choice was DF or Corr.  Most of your discussion about why Corr was good was due to their strength - something that was shared by many clans during that period, including DF.  How do you think your experience would have differed if you chose DF rather than Corr?   Do you think that today you'd have a lot of pride as an ex-DF member who had many distasteful memories of Corr?  Probing to try to find what was special about Corr for you.

• Like 2

7R85FSe.png

Maybe Eric feels the same way I did but I went through similar treatment with a COR/DF choice in 2008. Thinking back now, DF were just a bunch of weirdos who played RS and seemed like absolute goobers and COR didn't try to recruit me at all and the vibe in the clan was all about fights. There was no "pressure" to get to know the community or any of that political crap. It was simply can you show up and do your job? I think that's what led me to join COR. 

DF sucked my dick literally every single day trying to get me to join (most of DA as well) and it was so off-putting. They were always like that (True is probably the best at it) and it was a mega, mega turn-off. COR never did that shit with clans no matter how badly we needed members.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 3lite said:

I can't remember if we were in Gladz at the same time or if you were in "The" by the time I was in Gladz.

1.) I would agree that what did a lot of damage to Gladz was differences of opinion of the focus of the clan within the community. I don't know that I agree that what caused the rift in Gladz was trying to compete with DI.  Gladz and DI were extremely different clans and I don't personally think that any members of Gladz were having serious aspirations to topple DI in PKRIs.  A high proportion of the Gladz members were there for comunity and were not interested in long PKRIs, being active in the wilderness for non-planned fights, or for returning.  For the most part, Gladz only really seemed to care about warring.  I believe the loss to BK in a war had a much bigger impact on Gladz morale than any PKRI lost to DI (shout out to @Vanzant).  There were cliques in the clan that went off and did their own pking thing (e.g., the Ewhenn/Geezerpunk P2P single pkers, the P2P multi pkers that hung around with The Devilz, the Sal Bandini/Echo69x F2P pk group) in small groups rather than as one big clan.  I think the rift was caused by Gladz not knowing what it wanted to be, competing interests, and a leadership that wasn't working toward a unified/progressive goal.  From the outside, it looked like the issues with "The" are similar.  What do you think the key differences were?

2.) Again comparing Gladz/"The", would you consider yourself to be the Finaltank of "The"?

3.) You mentioned that prior to going to Corr, your choice was DF or Corr.  Most of your discussion about why Corr was good was due to their strength - something that was shared by many clans during that period, including DF.  How do you think your experience would have differed if you chose DF rather than Corr?   Do you think that today you'd have a lot of pride as an ex-DF member who had many distasteful memories of Corr?  Probing to try to find what was special about Corr for you.

1. We were, I meant the idea of fighting Di Caused gladz to look introspectively into what they wanted to be and they just couldn't decide. After beating zf/EoH Gladz was at a crossroads in my eyes.

2. Actually in a question right before this, someone asked me who influenced me, and yes, finaltank was surely one of them. I'd say I was a mix of Final tank and big red though, back then levels were just so overwhelmingly important.

3. Had I joined DF, I think I would never have left, while without a shadow of a doubt I would have enjoyed cor more, DF had a stability and were always willing to work around their problems and never allowed themselves to implode which I respect a lot. So had I gone df, I doubt id have had as much fun, but I would have probably had a place to call home for the long haul.

• Like 1

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

2 minutes ago, Applerune said:

Maybe Eric feels the same way I did but I went through similar treatment with a COR/DF choice in 2008. Thinking back now, DF were just a bunch of weirdos who played RS and seemed like absolute goobers and COR didn't try to recruit me at all and the vibe in the clan was all about fights. There was no "pressure" to get to know the community or any of that political crap. It was simply can you show up and do your job? I think that's what led me to join COR. 

DF sucked my dick literally every single day trying to get me to join (most of DA as well) and it was so off-putting. They were always like that (True is probably the best at it) and it was a mega, mega turn-off. COR never did that shit with clans no matter how badly we needed members.

This, the leadership in Cor sold me the second they said they wanted to put warrign above all else. Especially coming from alliance clanning.

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png