Gokuu Ssj AMA

Ssj

Hi! I'm Gokuu_Ssj. If you were heavily invested in the clan world era 2009-2011 ish then you may be familiar with me, as I lead a clan called Envy at the time. I had been exposed to the 'zybez/rsc' clan world as we know it during 2007~ when a guy called Scattcatt approached me at falador west bank on my account Gangster619, asking me to try a clan. Having no idea what it was but being the open-minded person I am, I accepted his invitation to join a clan called The Chaos Crusaders, where in a world where CWA was irrelevant, the wilderness was the only place to showcase the strength of your clan. We would go on weekly F2P pk trips and set up clan fights with the likes of clans like Crimson Raiders (who later became our allies), Blades of Serenity, and others around the time. I got into the scene and fell in love really quickly and worked my way up to council, before leaving RS altogether for real life. When I returned to the game (as we all do) a few years later, I decided I wanted to re-live that experience and planned Envy in my head. Envy ended up being something special - we were the only clan during our whole era who would be created from the ground-up, with literally no support from things like a break-off, or a remake. Literally every initial recruit had zero clanning experience.

After returning to the game in 2009 and decided I wanted to start a clan off my own and relive my past nostalgia, I would spend the following weeks messaging random people I met at GE and existing people on FL, along with my IRL cousins Vegeta/Airyline & Alex_Rider07, using a shortkey asking them if they wanted to join my Clan Envy and directing a link to the forum I made, talking to them and getting to know them and eventually teaching them about CWA and warring. I built this up from 10 vs 10s, to 15 vs 15s, to being able to 20 vs 20 clans with somewhat a name. From here, we would go on to eventually migrate to trying PvP, and become a clan that would even fight the likes of Blacknights in a 6-7 hour uncapped (Envys longest fight). As we posted our feats on RSC, we gathered the attention of bigger names who became aware of us - little to know soon we'd even be involved in fights with them. The below is pretty much whta followed and some notable moments:

• We consolidated our way into the mid-tier, having our main rivalries with Downfall and Ascension, but also fighting many other mid tier clans at the time, with regular PKRI/CWAs vs Pure Hatred, Collision, Dragonwood, Forsaken, and also Exodus and Crimson Raiders when they had fallen to the mid-tier levels before their closures, and many other known clans like THE/Gladz/WG/TCL/MMA/RuneRaiders/True Ownage/TNC/KO
  • We would reach the Tip.it tournament semi finals where we lost to TKO blitz in a 20 vs 20 (we had the lead but threw it),and we could hold ourselves off man for man against a lot of clans.
  • Towards the end and peak of our reign we were on solid 45-55~ man pulls for prepped PKRIs and i'd say we were towards the top of the mid-tier clans - supported by many RSC members top 30 lists at the time.
  • Our last fight we pulled 80~ which was vs Ascension, one of our main rivals who we probably fought the most, but unfortunately they didn't pull anywhere near understandably so we ended up clearing them quickly - at the time VR was #1 and nobody would fight them so they used it as an opportunity to fight us as they were prowling around the fight. We fought for a while and then they eventually got crashed by TT, after which we let them know we were going to leave them to it and did our own ending shennanigans on ts/ingame, drop party etc.
  • With envys lineup at the time of ending, a lot of people felt we finally had reached the stage where we could make a further push out of the mid tier. We were getting in a lot of good recruits and a lot of Envys ending memberlist contain names that have still been around the clan world over the years, and even so a fair amount which still play today. Unfortunately I was just finishing up college and I had the chance to either give up a future in a medical-related degree to carry on taking Envy to new bounds or dissociate from RS so I could give the time necessary to it, the latter of which ended up being my decision ( I have fully completed  what I gave it up for and work as an eye doctor now so in hindsight it wasn't a bad decision)

Unfortunately envy forums got discontinued by hosting over the years since it wasn't maintained; but there's a lot of videos around over the years of some fights.

2iAkAAG.gif

+Elijah 

Fun fact Theres some well respected names you see even today who were actually a significant part of Envy at a point. Elijah from PD, Kyle from AF, Alex Rider07 who was DF council, Vanuckle; all these ranked members of solid clans in this day and age had helped me during Envy and all the aforementioned were all even ending members I believe.  

Another fun-fact, in PKRI's when I called, I would often do it with a meatshield and pre-bind my calls myself as I called them. It was a very effective and underrated strat.

Another fun-fact, when we had our uncapped 6-7 hour PKRI vs BK, which is one of my most nostalgic memories of Envy... I  was 16~ when I lead envy so when we finally had won the PKRI it was about 6-7am and there was about an hour left until school so I got ready and went to my classes shortly after. This is how invested I was as a teen in Envy, and most the core of Envy had that mindset which is let us reach the heights we did.

Other stints

2013: Genesis ; After Envy I finished college and got into University; during University in 2013~ I was persuaded to give Genesis a shot where a lot of Envy were at the time, and other people I had known throughout my time in Envy. I had huge respect for JcJack from speaking to him regularly through my Envy days when settings fights with T0, and I gave it a shot. Not long after joining I was offered council due to my history/connections and potential influence I can have and I made the mistake of taking it; I soon quickly realized I just wasn't able to give the time I wanted to Genesis and soon quit the game again. I wouldn't be surprised if most the clan barely remember I was council - hell I barely remember my time as council or what I contributed. I had spoken to jack when returning again in 2017 and caught up, and pretty much felt I owed him an apology as there was a lot I could've done for Genesis still knowing a huge portion of the mid-sized clan world and with IRC etc being around, a lot of old Envy in touch to be able to recruit; but I quickly lost interest in scape with the uni life and could barely give time to Genesis outside of events

2017: Divine Forces; Alex_Rider07 & Jackson convinced me over skype to give DF a shot. Working a normal 9-5 job and living alone I thought why not, most my evenings were free anyway. I was here for half a year or so where I worked my way up to app reviewer; before again realizing I was here for clanning and not for runescape. I actually hated playing runescape at all at the time. Soon my shifts changed and also DF's mentality/the clan world shifted towards P2P and being a guy that always enjoyed the F2P aspect of the game, there wasn't much left for me to enjoy and I decided to quit the game again. Alex_Rider who was a huge part of me being in DF had also retired (he was council when I joined) and Jackson got kicked, so I guess it didnt help that some of the people I was closest to were not around anymore.

2020; Tempest; True_2k8 and I had kept in touch over the years since DF, we went through a fortnite phase and when I parted the game I was always on good terms with him, so when he messaged me about Tempest I thought why not? I retrieved my account that was untouched since DF days, and I logged on to scape a bit. I actually got into the game and for the first time since Envy days started training, skilling, and enjoying the game outside of clanning. Having @Vegeta here was a huge part of me enjoying things as we've always gamed together over the years, whether it was RS or other MMO stints I had outside of scape, and so it ended up blossoming into what it is now.

• Like 2
  • heart 1

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

How would you compare Tempest to your time in DF?

What do you miss in Envy?

Who are your favorite officials from Envy and why?

Whats your favorite Tempest fight?

aUBwTQ1.png

I dont usually post on these but i will for my buddy Shaf

What was ur favorite Envy fight that you can remember?

Which official had the most impact on warring for Envy for the longest period of time?

o1Uh7MU.png

Who was your favourite caller at Envy? 

Most memorable fight during that era? 

Do you remember teaching people to tank when envy was first started ;)?

How hard was it recruiting people who have never heard of warring and embedding them into clan for e.g teaching them to tank, warring and also keeping them interested? 

Vegeta2.png

What was the hardest part of creating a clan from the ground-up?

Why did you always raise the requirements in Envy right when I reached them?

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

What's the most difficult fight you had?

Did you guys ever face a slump? Why?

Were you able to turn it around? How?

7jmTOjL.png     

Who is the better tank out of you, vegeta & hamzah?

What were your goals when you led Envy?

What did you find  was your greatest challenge in leading Envy? What did you do to overcome this?

What were your favourite fights that you've been apart of in each clan you've been in?

Did you ever want Envy to compete with top tier clans?

If you could recruit 3 people who no longer play to Tempest who would they be & why? 

Same as the above but with 3 people that still play?

• Like 1

What got you onto the clan scene? 

I know watching DI taking over the clan scene was a big impact for pvping warring etc for us cousins. How do you feel being in the same clan who led D.I @Brian  ?

Vegeta2.png